Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

I love the legendary system - please counter balance all the whining here.

If you are an incessant whiner about legendary items, let me make it very clear that you and people like you are one of the primary reasons this game cycles into badness from time to time. And that's because Blizzard listens to you, because there are so many of you.

Random awesome things are GOOD for the game. I remember back in vanilla when I got my first ever random epic drop. I nearly wet myself with excitement. That was back in the days when epics were way more rare than legendary items are now. Then you had several things happen. Firstly you had the natural evolution of the game as more and more people raided and acquired more and more epic items.

What also happened was that this incessant whine started. It started in a few places, and was like an annoying buzzing in everyone's ear. A few twits who didn't know how to play felt entitled to the best gear in the game, well just because. As far as they were concerned, they should be all clad in epic. Eventually others joined in. Before you know it, there was a crescendo of whine, and Blizzard, because it listens to it's customers started acting on the whine.

Epics became easy to get. They were predictable. It got to the point where they were so easy to get that almost every max level player became decked out in epics within a few weeks of hitting max level, and they didn't even need to raid to do so. This evolution continued all the way through until the horror that was WOD happened. The natural culmination of the whining was: Garrison quests, where people could log in for 5 minutes, then log out, come back a day later to find epics waiting for them.

This exact same phenomenon happened with the few legendary items that existed back in vanilla. These items were legendary in the truest sense of the word. Few people had them. Then the whine started, the low level buzzing. It built up and up until we ended up with the awful cloak quests in MOP and ring quests in WOD, where literally every single player had the same bloody "legendary". Facepalm.

In legion we have legendary weapons but still the whining hasn't stopped. Please please stop. Do you want this game to be a boring predictable grind? It's already pretty close to that thanks to your bleating. Random drop legendary items are one of the few wonderful things in this game, guaranteed to give you a genuine "wow" moment, even if it's a fleeting one.

These moments are the great parts of this game, and just because there are the whine lobbyists constantly demanding that Blizzard ruins it's own game to cater to them and their entitlement, I want to stand up and say to Blizzard, PLEASE PLEASE face these people down. Legion is the best expansion yet in the history of WOW yet these people want to drag us back to the formulaic tedium of WOD. Please don't let them win.

Deleted
    It is probably because you are casual player in this game. Every competitive and actually great players in this game are mad when some shit noob get BiS feet for rogue whilst a good one get PVP ring or some shit. Why is there even PVP rewards from PVE content? Should be locked for when you do PVP related stuff etc.

You made a post whining about whiners... /golf clap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunter123 View Post
    You made a post whining about whiners... /golf clap
    Is that what you took from it? I was asking Blizzard to stand up to these people. I was making a positive case for the other side of the argument. Just because you disagree with my view doesn't make it a whine by default.

My first legendary was the worst one. I still loved it.

And as to my "casual" player status... no. I play in one of the best PVP guilds in Europe, and have numerous top 10 world kills on my CV.
    Last edited by mmoc37032fd626; 2016-11-20 at 03:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 3 legendaries.Alythess's Pyrogenics, Sephuz's secret and I've just dropped the Pillars of the dark portal.
    This system is terrible, I'm still a competitive dps, but having 3 useless leg in a raid enviroment is not ok.

This system would be ok if all the legendaries w'd be good or almost good, but many of them are just junk.
    The red threat

The legendary item system might seem cool if you're a casual player - the guy who logs in to do a few world quests, maybe a random heroic or even LFR. One day this guy opens his daily emissary box and sees a legendary with an ilvl of 910. He's happy that his item level is now higher and he doesn't really care about the effect that the legendary item has on his character.

Then there's the more serious and competitive player who aims for realm first achievements with his guild. He plays a mage and grinds for several hundreds of hours of in game time and gets 3 legendaries: Sephuz, Prydaz and Belo'vir's. There's three other mages in his guild who have put in the same effort and all of them are rocking at least one or maybe even two of the BiS legendaries. This leads to a DPS difference of more than 10%.

Then comes raid night and the guild's raid leader thinks of the best possible comp to clear the next boss. He knows that all of the mages in his guild are competent players but there's only room for three of them. As a smart raid leader without personal bias he invites the three mages with the best legendaries to meet the dps requirement for each boss and the guy with the shitty legendary items is left out of progression raids.

A great system we have here, don't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Evaida View Post
    Is that what you took from it? I was asking Blizzard to stand up these people. I was making a positive case for the other side of the argument. Just because you disagree with my view doesn't make it a whine by default.

My first legendary was the worst one. I still loved it.

And as to my "casual" player status... no. I play in one of the best PVP guilds in Europe, and have numerous top 10 world kills on my CV.
    Logs and armory links or it didn't happen.

Do you want this game to be a boring predictable grind?
    Yes. Random is not fun.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

No, random stuff is not good for the game.
    You're the reason WoW is not as good as it used to be.

It's not about the game being too easy. It's about the game not rewarding skill or dedication. It rewards people at random.
    Why should a guy that just got to level 110 have the two best items in the game while the guy that played thousands of mythic dungeons, cleared mythic EN, done mythic+ 15 not have a single usable legendary?

The system is bad in every way and I really doubt most people like the system unless they are one of the few lucky people that got 3-4 legendaries the first weeks, as a bug made that very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

It's not about the game being too easy. It's about the game not rewarding skill or dedication. It rewards people at random.
    Why should a guy that just got to level 110 have the two best items in the game while the guy that played thousands of mythic dungeons, cleared mythic EN, done mythic+ 15 not have a single usable legendary?

The system is bad in every way and I really doubt most people like the system unless they are one of the few lucky people that got 3-4 legendaries the first weeks, as a bug made that very possible.
    Could not put it better my self.
    Op something is wrong with you if you think this system is good.

Deleted
    Yes, people who don't want RNG to be the way to gear up in the game invented garrisons, made the devs not add enough content in WoD, made arcane mages OP in WoD, made ele shamans shit throughout WoD, etc. To be honest everyone who doesn't like RNG is literally Hitler after all right? /s

Anyway, random things are nice for the game. There's some BoE trinkets right now which are really good and getting one is a decent increase for your character or a bunch of gold off of the AH. There is a limit to that however.

You go into a tirade about epics and how they don't mean anything right now and you're right. If having purple items is your goal in the game then fine but that doesn't mean everyone agrees. Gear is for a lot of people a nice thing you get along the way while you do what you want i.e. i want to do m+15, i do lower ones, i get gear so i can do higher ones etc. If whether or not the items you get are purple ruins the game for you well that's your problem.

The difference between vanilla legendaries and the current ones is that very few people had them and they were predictable in that they were a big upgrade. The problem right now is that those legendaries aren't rare. You don't have a very low chance of getting something really good guaranteed, you have a decent chance to get a legendary but a lot of them are more or less useless and there are some which are overpowered i.e. the ret paladin cloak, balance druid head, i think arms has a ring? If they were properly balanced i.e. all legendaries have a 10% impact on damage/healing/tanking or all legendaries have a low impact that would be fine. There would still be moaning since 'But i like the back more!!!' but it wouldn't be anywhere at the level it is now. You say that random legendaries are a "wow" moment and you're right. A paladin who gets the shit neck and ring will go "Oh wow this game is fucking stupid. I have 2 useless items." while one who gets the back goes "Oh wow, this game is fucking stupid. I just got a huge DPS increase".

Very few people want to go back to WoD as pretty much everyone agrees it was shit. What people want to go away from is situations where doing +3 over and over again is more efficient than doing a +7 because of titanforged items. Where instead of skill determining how well you do you get RNG to decide whether you get a huge DPS increase or a shield that amounts to more or less nothing. Legendaries are fine if you can target them regardless of how broken they are since you can balance around people going for the better ones. If you think that a 40kDPS + difference based on luck is what makes the game fun that's you opinion but trying to blame people who don't like how RNG is now a huge part of the game for previous issues is frankly retarded. If you like legendaries as they are now make a case for that, don't make a case for "Everyone who doesn't agree with me is Hitler and ruined this thing that i like".

Legendaries have made the game all about rolling the dice but winning one roll can make you vastly superior to someone who may otherwise have the same gear as you. I don't know why they thought a Diablo style legendary system was a good idea in WoW.

I miss when WoW had some RNG mixed with some guarantees. I could grind a boss for a few weeks and not see a piece of gear I need but I could just go use the valor I got to go buy a piece for that slot, its felt good to make progress not completely dependent on the rng gods.

Nowadays it seems we have the CSGO audience who love opening crates to see what they win. It's this new type of player that is ruining WoW.

Random awesome things are GOOD for the game.
    Please explain me how is it good if you did even 1000 mythic plus dungeons up to lv15, all daily WQs and several raid clears on all difficulties and you don't even get to see mediocre legendary? Not even talking about BIS. And it takes a shit ton of time to complete so many dungeons and it's frustrating if you don't have your bis while casuals have bis and use it for doing world quests.

Rewards should be measured with effort, not with fuc..ng ugly RNG.

Random things are surely lovely. Random mount is cool. Random pet whatever is great. But something that directly grants you so much power in raids shouldn't be random.

If you don't understand this point of view then you never raided
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-11-20 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxes View Post
    Logs and armory links or it didn't happen.
    I genuinely don't care if you believe me or not and I'm not linking anything. The important point is I'm not really a casual player, but have been at various times in the past. I've also been the opposite of that. Have played in some of the best guilds in the world and appreciate the min/maxing argument. However, I think this argument should be discounted. Blizzard should endeavour to prevent the game becoming formulaic and overly predictable in every single area.

This is an MMO, and I'm all up for people bringing devastating trinkets earned from into PVE raiding into PVP for example. The quest to make this game perfectly balanced and perfectly air in every circumstance leads to boredom for everyone. This started back with Shamans and Paladins being available to both factions and has been relentless ever since. Balance is good, but this is supposed to be a world of adventure, exploration, excitement and fun. Not a grinders playground. Legendary items should be legendary. I also think epics should be ... epic, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

If everyone is special, no one is special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    It is probably because you are casual player in this game. Every competitive and actually great players in this game are mad when some shit noob get BiS feet for rogue whilst a good one get PVP ring or some shit. Why is there even PVP rewards from PVE content? Should be locked for when you do PVP related stuff etc.
    Its terrible for casual players as well. Casual players enjoy ahaving control over their characthers develolment.

Honestly this system is terrible for everybody even ultimately the developers. Why theyve chosen to stick to.it is the.million dollar question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

And I suppose you are going to call me a liar because I wasn't complaining about it before I got one legendary.
    Players are making the problem, not blizzard.
    Legendaries are not something blizzard dictate as a requirement.
    It is players doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Its a complete lottery system to see if you can keep up in some cases with other people in your class it is a utterly awful system...

The idea of super power items for everyone no matter what you do is moronic game design to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Yes, people who don't want RNG to be the way to gear up in the game invented garrisons, made the devs not add enough content in WoD, made arcane mages OP in WoD, made ele shamans shit throughout WoD, etc. To be honest everyone who doesn't like RNG is literally Hitler after all right? /s

Anyway, random things are nice for the game. There's some BoE trinkets right now which are really good and getting one is a decent increase for your character or a bunch of gold off of the AH. There is a limit to that however.

You go into a tirade about epics and how they don't mean anything right now and you're right. If having purple items is your goal in the game then fine but that doesn't mean everyone agrees. Gear is for a lot of people a nice thing you get along the way while you do what you want i.e. i want to do m+15, i do lower ones, i get gear so i can do higher ones etc. If whether or not the items you get are purple ruins the game for you well that's your problem.

The difference between vanilla legendaries and the current ones is that very few people had them and they were predictable in that they were a big upgrade. The problem right now is that those legendaries aren't rare. You don't have a very low chance of getting something really good guaranteed, you have a decent chance to get a legendary but a lot of them are more or less useless and there are some which are overpowered i.e. the ret paladin cloak, balance druid head, i think arms has a ring? If they were properly balanced i.e. all legendaries have a 10% impact on damage/healing/tanking or all legendaries have a low impact that would be fine. There would still be moaning since 'But i like the back more!!!' but it wouldn't be anywhere at the level it is now. You say that random legendaries are a "wow" moment and you're right. A paladin who gets the shit neck and ring will go "Oh wow this game is fucking stupid. I have 2 useless items." while one who gets the back goes "Oh wow, this game is fucking stupid. I just got a huge DPS increase".

Very few people want to go back to WoD as pretty much everyone agrees it was shit. What people want to go away from is situations where doing +3 over and over again is more efficient than doing a +7 because of titanforged items. Where instead of skill determining how well you do you get RNG to decide whether you get a huge DPS increase or a shield that amounts to more or less nothing. Legendaries are fine if you can target them regardless of how broken they are since you can balance around people going for the better ones. If you think that a 40kDPS + difference based on luck is what makes the game fun that's you opinion but trying to blame people who don't like how RNG is now a huge part of the game for previous issues is frankly retarded. If you like legendaries as they are now make a case for that, don't make a case for "Everyone who doesn't agree with me is Hitler and ruined this thing that i like".
    I'd take WoD over this RNG crap, without a doubt.
    Whats does dislike for RNG have to do with class balance and arcane mages being OP though?

You're trying too hard, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    If you're talking about Sephuz, it's not a pvp legendary.. Legendaries don't even work in pvp. Plus with the changes it becomes one of the best ones in pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Legendaries have made the game all about rolling the dice but winning one roll can make you vastly superior to someone who may otherwise have the same gear as you.
    Tell me about it! I'm an Outlaw rogue....