Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hunters have pretty good mobility, but if you think MM isn't affected by movement then you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    I made the change this expansion to hunter for two reasons. First reason is because my guild asked me to do. They knew I already had a hunter and that it was something I was willing to do (which leads to reason 2). The second reason I made the swap was because I was playing elemental. I had played elemental for all of WoD and was tired of the performance the spec offered. For Mythic raiding, mages and hunters are historically strong classes with high populations represented in raiding. They are a safe pick for raiders looking to play competitively for their guilds.

I will say the current proposed changes to MM are not good and will likely result in most hunters changing specs. Honestly though, these are not the specs that need heavy balancing changes. They aren't over-represented because they're FoTM. Out of the 10 bosses available in the EN and ToV, there are two where MM is incredibly strong. The others we're decent or mediocre.
    i think they should be nerfed and ppl forced to reroll, the reason a lot of mages and hunters exist are because they we're fucking hilariously overpowered and ppl fotm rerolled, u know what balance is? dumpstering the spec and making it bad/mediocre. balance isn't being hilariously OP then mid-top tier. i mean it won't happen blizzard love to suck mage/hunter cock all day long but it would be nice if those specs felt what it was to be bad, that said hunter & mages are pretty shit for odyn & guarm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentonaxe View Post
    Not exactly. Being able to keep high dps uptime, whether that means as melee moving across the room or ranged moving out of shit.

What other metric would you use than warcraft logs? If you only look at the groups and players you play with, your sample size is way too small.
    In the context of having the highest dps uptime hunters have BY FAR the highest mobility. Being able to move and dps is huge for a ranged character. Switching to adds is np aswel because you dont need to close the gap. Its the best of both the melee and ranged world.

Hunters have top notch dps in progression content. Thats not the same as what class can you put in the corner with all the adds and let it aoe the entire fight through while the rest of the raid struggles so he can get to the top on warcraftlogs(yes, thats what warcraftlogs is).

I took the groups and players that are in the best guilds in the world. Hunters to exceptional dps in progression because of things like high uptime on bosses, high dps while moving, easy target switching and stuff like that. Stuff that most other classes struggles with on progression but gets into once the fight is on farm and you can safely let those other people take care of the adds or bring 1 less healer so they go down easily anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Eh? You do realise melees need to move about just as much, without actually being able to dps meanwhile right?

There is a reason only three melees where brought by the top 5 in Trial of valor
    No I don't realise. The only ranged classes that can compete with melee on Odyn are multidotters. Rest are at the rock bottom of the list.

I took the groups and players that are in the best guilds in the world. Hunters to exceptional dps in progression because of things like high uptime on bosses, high dps while moving, easy target switching and stuff like that. Stuff that most other classes struggles with on progression but gets into once the fight is on farm and you can safely let those other people take care of the adds or bring 1 less healer so they go down easily anyway.
    Then you are looking at the wrong group of players, this is about heroic ToV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    No I don't realise. The only ranged classes that can compete with melee on Odyn are multidotters. Rest are at the rock bottom of the list.
    Sure if you let the melee's ignore all adds and tunnelvision the boss.

I dont see how that factors in because thats just meters padding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tentonaxe View Post
    Then you are looking at the wrong group of players, this is about heroic ToV.
    Its exactly the same situation with people progressing in heroic.... Like... did you even read the OP?

Except it isn't the same situation. In one case you have players who each have 2+ raid ready alts ready for class stacking, and the other you have players who at this point likely have less than 18 days played in this xpac, putting them leaps and bounds behind those players in experience, ap level, and gear, while also not having the ability to class stack.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Yeah! Lets fire people because your class isn't the top of the dps meter!
    Great idea!
    I've been fired for less.

Sure if you let the melee's ignore all adds and tunnelvision the boss.

I dont see how that factors in because thats just meters padding.
    That factors in because I am talking about actuall mythic boss kills logged on warcraftlogs.
    Tell me how the 100 guilds that killed Odyn so far are filled with padding bads.

Method using 4 hunters for progression isnt a joke tho
    And 4 shadow priest.

TLDR:

I play a DK as main and hunter as alt. I think the DK needs love, the hunter is fine and everyone else is whining.

Did i translate that correctly?
    You're getting there with translations. No DK at all, Hunter main. And not even MM, maining SV.

No idea where the hostility comes from, and no idea how did you (correcly) assume I'm a hunter.

Deleted
    Reading mmo topic useless as always no one see that fire and mm are bottom single in sims. Majority of ppl that think mage and mm are op are random heroics hereos when boss fights are 40 seconds long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    They are two of the best performing dps classes in every expansion. These are the two best performing specs of those classes this expansion. If you were going to reroll wouldn't you want the best performing class/spec? What really sucks this expansion is the artifact weapon.
    Who needs to reroll...all you need to do is play Mage...because the devs love Mage.

Fire is FOTM but not actually overpowered like people believe. And mages and hunters have always been some of the more played classes.

And yet all I've heard this week is how Fire Mages and MM Hunters are all going to re-roll because they've all been screwed.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    And yet all I've heard this week is how Fire Mages and MM Hunters are all going to re-roll because they've all been screwed.
    Well fire is getting a pretty significant revamp on PTR, so obviously it isn't live yet . I get it though you're trying to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Well fire is getting a pretty significant revamp on PTR, so obviously it isn't live yet . I get it though you're trying to be funny.
    When the hyperbole is coming from all sides, all you can do is roll your eyes.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I'm pretty sure no matter the balance hunter and Mage will always be most represented just because they are most played. Even in most mythic guilds you aren't going to get many people rerolling to a new fotm class
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm pretty sure no matter the balance hunter and Mage will always be most represented just because they are most played.
    I'm pretty sure across expansions the most popular classes are usually Druid and Paladin, with Hunter afterwards, but Druids and Paladins are spread across multiple roles. Mages are not as widely popular across whole playerbase (where majority are non-raiders) but among raiders it's THE one class to roll if you want to roll blindly, ranged dps are always in demand and mages were sometimes amazing sometimes average but never really trash tier.

There are the FOTM rerollers and there are the people who want a solid all around class to invest long term. Investing in a Mage or Hunter is a good choice because at least 1 of the 3 specs won't suck and you'll never be asked to respec heal or tank unlike your hybrid brethren.

I just never understood why Warlocks were always so much less popular than Mages. Maybe it's the class fantasy thing. Similar case like Monks, very unpopular while other 3 role hybrids Paladins and Druids are going strong every expansion.

Deleted
    "29% = almost 1 in 3" lol, if we are so generous 29 is as close to 25 as it is to 33, technically even 0,33 closer, so lets just say its 1 in 4.

OT. Nothing new to me. What surprises me every time is that people care about that kinda stuff could just reroll themselves?!