Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    It's true though. I've yet to see a constructive post on this forum about WoWs faults and how to solve it. It's mostly people bitching about their class being broken when it's really not, some will just not accept that they're not really good at this game.
    It's false though. Most complaints come with propositions of improvement, they just get lost in fanboi yammering and non-fanboi backlash.
    AP/AK BS complaints had, for example, the solution proposed as making AP a toon property or an account-wide value with optional extra safeguard of a weekly cap possible to exhaust in 1-2 evenings.
    Class balance complaints come with propositions varying from Buff X / Nerf Y to actual redesigns of talent minitable (e.g. to bake in Lone Wolf and have an actual alternative in the tier).
    LeRGNdary complaints come with constructive propositions ranging from complete removal of the thorn to adjustments making them all similarly desirable, as opposed to being either game breakers or ilvl bumpers.
    Trick is, for the circle jerk brigade everything Blizzard does is a brave charge against the filthy casuals, so it just has to be love, has to be life.

The difficulty has never been about executing a class mechanic, it's about combining it with difficult encounters and still manage to deal high dps. Something that hasn't become easier than it was in WoD. Class "rotations" were never complex/difficult.
    Exactly. The optimal Havoc DH spec involves less buttons and a reliance on auto attacking and proper FR/VR usage to keep Momentum up. Considered to be a "dumbed down" spec by most, but I guarantee most cannot do it well to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There are no blinders on me.
    Only those that dictate any disagreement as meaning a fanboy.
    I have yet to see any such accusation be based on any more than the replies in a single thread.
    I have been accused many times, despite there being things I am critical of.
    But why take those into account, as that ruins the fanboy argument.
    That term has never been proven right, so you lost the argument as soon as you used it.

If the community as a majority are being dismissed as ignoring criticism then it is one of two things.
    You suck at making an argument, or you are wrong.
    No, mostly they just turn it into personal attacks, then it gets all very nasty, the issues raised are forgotten and the status quo wins. Moderation in many of the sub-forums is at best non-existent, which allows this to perpetuate and become normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliida View Post
    Dunno why you see artfiact power as a problem. Now I play a bit more than average, but I haven't put much effort into AP farming, yet my main weapon is level 33 and my offspec weapons are 24 and 28 respectively. It's not like it's that great of an effort to maintain them if you keep the research rolling.
    ''a bit more than average'' I'd say quite a lot more than average if you're that in both offspecs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Take any one of these generic responses.

- It's your own fault you're burned out.
    - The numbers are fine, therefore it's fine.
    - You're just bad at the game.
    - You didn't try try rerolling and trying something else.
    - You're being toxic/poisonous.
    - Your complaints about mechanics, however detailed or mathematically explained, are invalid because:-
    -> I say so.
    -> You took a break, and in spite of nothing meaningful changing or happening since taking that break, you're not playing anymore so...
    -> You don't have "enough" ("enough" being an entirely arbitrary definition of time/content beaten as decided by the poster) experience.

That's basically this community now. I've seen all of these, and worse, trying to discuss Warlocks.
    Sorry, but if someone is burned out it is their fault. They choose to play too much.

Class design isn't any different from previous expansions. It's just people always wanting to be at the top of the food chain and not liking change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Sorry, but if someone is burned out it is their fault. They choose to play too much.
    Yeah, I'm saying it's a completely generic response that doesn't address a single thing the poster says. It is therefore willfully ignorant and dumb as fuck to say it. But, willfull ignorance seems all the rage these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Class design isn't any different from previous expansions. It's just people always wanting to be at the top of the food chain and not liking change.
    How many specs have you played?

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    It's false though. Most complaints come with propositions of improvement, they just get lost in fanboi yammering and non-fanboi backlash.
    AP/AK BS complaints had, for example, the solution proposed as making AP a toon property or an account-wide value with optional extra safeguard of a weekly cap possible to exhaust in 1-2 evenings.
    Class balance complaints come with propositions varying from Buff X / Nerf Y to actual redesigns of talent minitable (e.g. to bake in Lone Wolf and have an actual alternative in the tier).
    LeRGNdary complaints come with constructive propositions ranging from complete removal of the thorn to adjustments making them all similarly desirable, as opposed to being either game breakers or ilvl bumpers.
    Trick is, for the circle jerk brigade everything Blizzard does is a brave charge against the filthy casuals, so it just has to be love, has to be life.
    Yes, but if you disagree with peoples ideas for WoW, you're called a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yes, the expansion is perfect and has no flaws.
    Exactly what a fanboy with no critical thinking would say. Bravo~
    Did I actually say that ?
    No.
    In fact I have been critical and said that in the very post you quoted.

Continuing to prove how stupid that is.
    If your argument has nothing to do with the original subject and is instead of generic attack on the individual, it is you lacking critical thinking or quite frankly much thinking in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Class design is vastly different from expansion to expansion.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
    So I took a little month break because of how frustrated I was with the actual gameplay in Legion (class gameplay) and recently noticed many others on the WoW forums feel the same. There is a serious problem with classes that needs a big redesign imo to fix. Not to mention blizz ignoring the shit out of players (except mages so it seems?) so my question is, whys everyone here on MMOC ignoring that issue?

Legion is probably the most content and lorenrich expansion, yet it's totally ruined by class design choices and the retarded AP/AK system that makes respecting and rerolling a pain in the arse. Anytime it gets brought up you guys tear the OP a new one. Why?
    I personally agree with you, but I can also see where a lot of the defense of the expansion comes from. This is IMO overall the best expansion we have had since WotLK, and I think a lot of people would just rather focus on the things that they did right, because we have had years of bitching about things they did wrong.
    To some people, Blizzard could never do any wrong. To others, Blizzard could never do any right. Most people are right in the middle, and no matter how they respond, one or both sides feel like it is fair game to attack them, so most people just voice their frustrations instead of trying to plead with irrational people to see reason.

All depends on the amount of disagreement and how it's dealt with, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Did I actually say that ?
    No.
    In fact I have been critical and said that in the very post you quoted.

Continuing to prove how stupid that is.
    If your argument has nothing to do with the original subject and is instead of generic attack on the individual, it is you lacking critical thinking or quite frankly much thinking in general.
    Cute.

Deleted
    Had 1-month worth of content and it was back to normal for me. The wow feeling is no longer present

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfield View Post
    Class design is vastly different from expansion to expansion.
    The gameplays are different of course.
    The designing approach is the same. And the complains are the same. E-ve-ry-time.

Deleted
    Not before the first "whinings", "bitchings", "bads", "casuals" and similar fly. Sometimes the switch happens across threads, but it's there.

Deleted
    Legion brings more and different kind of endgame content, other challenges etc than ever before.
    Some of it is the same thing, just wrapped different, which is fine imo.
    To me Legion is one of (if not) the best expansions so far - and I have been playing since beta stage of vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Blinders and fanboyism for the most part. People usually take criticism towards their favorite things as a personal attack.

And this isn't something only witnessed in this website, nor even only towards World of Warcraft, but with pretty much anything that has a fan-base.
    This basically. Some users take anything negative towards Blizzard as a personal attack on their most favoritest of companies who provide the bestest of games. Makes the forums really dull at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Legion brings more and different kind of endgame content, other challenges etc than ever before.
    Some of it is the same thing, just wrapped different, which is fine imo.
    To me Legion is one of (if not) the best expansions so far - and I have been playing since beta stage of vanilla.
    The OP isn't even disagreeing with this. They're saying the class design issues (in certain cases, this might not be true for you main class/spec) are excessive, taking too long to fix, and rerolling is too much of a chore to take the chance (and having rerolled from Warlock to Frost Mage to Shadow Priest... it's lottery). Yet, as demonstrated time and time again in this thread, including by you right here, people just talk past them, insult them, and blame them for the problems.

its mainly the hyperbole. You cant address an issue properly, even if you agree with, it if people keep talking about it like its the final sign of the apocalypse, spat on their mother and ruined absolutely everything forever.

Like...many issues are mediocre inconveniences at best but instead all people do is say "how its the worst thing ever" and/or "this sucks" without actually giving any comprehensible reason why.

When people talk like that, discussion and solutions are not the objective. Just aimless venting.

¨Problem with WoW is the community, not the game.¨

Indeed the horrible class design is because of the community and there's absolutly no problem with class design.

How dare people are giving negative opinion about our game we love so much. Damm community

Meanwhile, people are starting to play less or quit because of the community, how dare they stop playing this fabulous we love so much.