Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was listening to a segment on NPR the other day where they had some Border Patrol representative come on and apparently they've already been in talks with Trump and his team. The idea so far isn't The Wall™ it's about 400 more miles of fence. #MAGA!! #BUILDTHEWALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I can't help but to laugh at all the Trump haters in these threads. So hilarious!
    Since i dont live in the US, i think its more hilarious that someone from the US would think hes found some secret way to reopen the industries that moved on to asia and south america. I was not aware Americans wanted to work for a couple bucks a day in order to be competitive and reopen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So instead of filtered Trumpidity, we get unfiltered Trumpidity. Its still the same Trumpidity, to point and laugh over.
    Haha. I actually feel as though this prepared speech is more filtered rather than less; it's apparent that he read off of a teleprompter/cue cards.

Fine by me, he manages to sound somewhat more presidential here. As long as people don't think it is somehow more authentic of him due to his "direct release to the people" silliness like the OP clearly bought into. Like we've never heard the man speak for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Since i dont live in the US, i think its more hilarious that someone from the US would think hes found some secret way to reopen the industries that moved on to asia and south america. I was not aware Americans wanted to work for a couple bucks a day.
    Luckily we live in a world where a multitude of things can be entertaining, yes!
    But, in my opinion, the salt levels of some of the posters beat any Politician-Mambo Jambo any day of the week!

Once again, I'm amazed that the usual suspects don't seem to realize that Breirtbart and Infowars are media. And that even if Alex Jones command you to believe it, ''OBUMER KOMMUNIST MOZLEM THAT GUNNA TAKE YOUR GUNS'' is more a lie than ''Coal will be hard to revive''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Haha. I actually feel as though this prepared speech is more filtered rather than less; it's apparent that he read off of a teleprompter/cue cards.

Fine by me, he manages to sound somewhat more presidential here. As long as people don't think it is somehow more authentic of him due to his "direct release to the people" silliness like the OP clearly bought into. Like we've never heard the man speak for ourselves.
    I do look forward to seeing how he handles State of the Unions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to miss Obamas oration most of all. That we'll need to hear this dudes fat mouth go on for 4 years is going to be death on my ears

I think it's pointless? because people can still report on the stupid shit he says, and now he can't say they misquoted him either.

He's not horrible when reading off a teleprompter.

So much for reducing greenhouse gases.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    One issue here is when you do this it means every single media company will spend all day looking for dirt and they tend to find it.
    What the hell are they going to find that they didn't find in the year + of his candidacy. All they managed were fake victims and unproven murky conspiracy not to mention Clintons hilariously retarded "MUH PUTIN"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    One issue here is when you do this it means every single media company will spend all day looking for dirt and they tend to find it.
    Because that is different from what they have done past 2 years? Every EU country I know was posting daily about how shit Trump is, and what god send of a woman Hillary would be to all mankind. And yes, I even saw what kind of brainwashing crap they had you eat up in America, that shit was nasty. Best of all, it was all lies, at least vast majority of it. President Trump did the correct thing, hopefully media starts to man up(grow up) finally. We shall see...

Unmitigated moderator bullshit aside (not Crissi), this has been a long time coming and probably won't be turning back. The way we consume media has changed from the days of watching shit on CNN. Won't be long before the inauguration is done only on facebook live and snapchat.

Trump isn't the ideal person for this, being an old senile white dude. But the next generation of presidents will by-pass media altogether. Why let someone put any kind of spin on what you are saying as you are saying it. Release a video with no pundits or commercials or infographics, just straight message, then people can choose to tune in to the spin doctors for their take on it.

Personally, I like the cliff notes versions of political speeches, especially Trumps ramblings, because I find it hard to care for that long. But it's becoming harder and harder to find the cliff notes version without the bullshit added from media.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    "I will formulate a rule which says that for every one new regulation two old regulations must be eliminated."

Jesus fucking Christ. How dumb this guy get?
    Not sure man, here in Finland we have about 123012303210 gazillion billion useless rules and laws, I'm sure we could use some Trumping ourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Not taking sides here but every president since pyramids was made has read from cards pretty much. So not sure why you laugh at every president America has ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibang View Post
    Not taking sides here but every president since pyramids was made has read from cards pretty much. So not sure why you laugh at every president America has ever had.
    He just makes it painfully obvious but he's going to have lots of practice with the teleprompters so meh it'll sort itself out.

It's been so funny watching all the butthurt liberals on this site since Trump won.
    OT: Trump should release all presidential addresses on YouTube, let the MSM bleed viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    "I will formulate a rule which says that for every one new regulation two old regulations must be eliminated."

Jesus fucking Christ. How dumb this guy get?
    Painfully dumb. I can't believe that his team looked at that policy and said, "Yep, this will work!"

It's so painfully simplicity and stupid, this is the kind of shit you hear from grade schoolers when they first start learning about the US government.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    It's been so funny watching all the butthurt liberals on this site since Trump won.
    OT: Trump should release all presidential addresses on YouTube, let the MSM bleed viewers.
    And then, when the MSM is dead, we are going to get our news from....where again?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/mashable....android-att-us

This is a pretty glorious middle finger to the media. Between this and his Twitter, it's pretty clear Trump has no intention of allowing the media to be a middle man between him and the people. What do you think of this?
    Trump - Taking the "exporting a single product" out of Banana Republic.

I see no problem with this. Why exactly does the media need to be the middle man between the public and elected officials? This is the 21st century when information flows freely. Trump wants to do away with the illusion of access granted to news agencies. And honestly, given the attitude the guy has toward popular media as an incredibly biased source of reporting, why do you think he would continue to let these same people report (and in the process interpret) what he says?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    And then, when the MSM is dead, we are going to get our news from....where again?
    The President Trump endorsed Infowars!