Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Drama queening at its finest. I need to find that meme that says "Everything I dont agree with is Hitler."

Your extreme reach to equate a Muslim Registry with the mass murder of Jews by Hitler is either caused by an extreme lack of education or the rampant "sky is falling, its going to be hell in a handbasket" whining from the liberal left after Trump won.

- - - Updated - - -

Another, "Anything I dont agree with is Hitler" post.
    Dude's spending way more effort on you than you deserve. All you ever post is vapid one-liner gotchas. Maybe find an argument that doesn't involve memes? hmmmmm?
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Soo this happened.

Off chance he isn't a Nazi but is widely supported by white nationalists and he seems to like sticking them in his White House.
    Well the "National Policy Institute" is a White Supremacist organization, so are we surprised? Their stated goal is to create a "white ethno-state."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofl

Yeah, right. He's been fanatically defended at every turn. A lot flat out deny most of the shit Trump does, others argue that it isn't that bad, some flat out claim his scams and crimes are a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

ROFLMAO

This isn't really helping the "we're not nazis" claims.
    So because there are some extremists that support Trump, that means I don't personally know anyone who voted for him, yet does not agree with many of his policies or things that he does? Yeah, great argument. You should probably shorten your rofl up a bit there and come back down to reality.

For the past several years we have heard the Left cry 'Godwin' anytime someone called Obama 'Hitler'. Now its their favorite name for Trump. Nice hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Technically, it's not registering people for their faith. It's registering them based on their country of origin. Muslims not immigrating from those countries wouldn't have to register. Not sure if that difference matters to anyone or not, but it is a difference.

Personally, I think if there's concerns about immigrants from these countries, we should just blanket deny immigration from them and be done with it. Cheaper and easier.

I am all for banning people from countries with ties to terrorism. It is common sense. If the people of those countries do not like it, let them clean up their countries then.

But as you pointed out. This is NOT a 'Muslim Registry' .........but notice you dont see it being edited.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    For the past several years we have heard the Left cry 'Godwin' anytime someone called Obama 'Hitler'. Now its their favorite name for Trump. Nice hypocrisy.
    Yes, how hypocritical of "the left" to have different opinions of wildly different people.

- - - Updated - - -

I am all for banning people from countries with ties to terrorism. It is common sense. If the people of those countries do not like it, let them clean up their countries then.
    What does "ties to terrorism" mean in real terms? France?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yes, how hypocritical of "the left" to have different opinions of wildly different people.

- - - Updated - - -

What does "ties to terrorism" mean in real terms? France?

Hypocrisy because Leftists claimed to hate the use of 'Hitler' to describe politicians. Now they use it themselves since they lost the White House. That is what you call Hypocrisy.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

Simple Definition of hypocrisy

: the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel

By ties to terrorism I mean where there is an unquestionable large amount of terrorist activity/training/base. Which is pretty much the entire Middle East. Spin it how you want I dont give a fuck. We need to say fuck this diversity bullshit from the left, and yes BULLSHIT, and block possible terrorists from coming into the country.

We hate the use of Hitler to describe random politicians. Pointing out that nationalist populist authoritarianism is pretty damn hitlery isn't the same.

We need to say fuck this diversity bullshit from the left, and yes BULLSHIT
    That 'learning of the truth' and switch from left to right must also have turned you into an asshole. Maybe you should go out and try to meet some of them. They're a hell of a lot easier to get along with than Trump's "real" Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    We hate the use of Hitler to describe random politicians. Pointing out that nationalist populist authoritarianism is pretty damn hitlery isn't the same.

Not random, Certain. As in Democrat. You hate it when people call Democrats Hitler. But its all well and good to call a Republican Hitler. I know the hypocrisy. Its why I fucking abandoned the Democrat party.I got sick of seeing people only have principles 50% of the time and then completely turn on them the other 50%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That 'learning of the truth' and switch from left to right must also have turned you into an asshole. Maybe you should go out and try to meet some of them. They're a hell of a lot easier to get along with than Trump's "real" Americans.
    Actually I was a bigger asshole when I was on the Left. I was rude as shit to Rightwingers.

Lived all over in deep blue and deep red. Republican voters are typically far more polite and nicer than Democrats. Even when you insult them they are more polite. Only exception being West Coast Democrats tend to be more mellow and not as loud as East Coast. East Coast people period are rude. But even more so when they are Democrats. I openly admit I was a loud obnoxious East Coast Liberal. Only difference is I dont fucking sellout my principles for a fucking politician just because he had Democrat next to his name.

I can almost guarantee you I have lived around 'diversity' more than you have. I can also assure you that fucking racism isnt something that only white people have. Try explaining to your 3rd grader why kids at school are calling him cracker and ghost.

As you get out of 20s and 30s youll start to see shit differently and thru reality and not some rose colored lenses with a Pollyanna bullshit view of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Yes, he tried violence to rise to power. Trump did not. Trump has never been known to be violent. That's my point. So you can drop your condescending attitude.

I've seen plenty of Trump supporters admit many of his flaws. I would bet at least half of the people who voted for him did so reluctantly. That's at least the case for everyone I know who voted for him. I have no idea where these "fanatical" Trump supporters are. I personally have met none. I mean I'm sure they exist, but they're probably pretty rare.

He's not acting like Hitler. If you want to continue with your hysterical foolishness then be my guest. But I'm not going to buy into the whole "Trump is basically Hitler so far" nonsense. It's complete horse shit.

Are you just trolling at this point?

https://www.google.nl/search?q=%22If...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Not to mention all of the stuff like ''rough him up'' but at the very least he suggested the act of violence if he lost the electoral college.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I was a bigger asshole when I was on the Left. I was rude as shit to Rightwingers.
    Sounds like a personal problem.

As you get out of 20s and 30s youll start to see shit differently and thru reality and not some rose colored lenses with a Pollyanna bullshit view of the world.
    Not having a Pollyanna view of the world is one of many reasons why we don't believe that the states are capable of managing themselves when it comes to discrimination, why we don't believe corporations are capable of self-regulating, and why we don't believe a tangerine tinged demagogue is going to 'drain the swamp' and make a lick of positive difference to the health of the state.

But hey, MAGA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    How is that not suggesting that he could be the next Hitler? Do we have conflicting definitions of the word "suggest"? What I mean is that by saying that some of his tactics and policies are frighteningly similar to Hitler's, you are suggesting that he could be the world's next super villain. What else would those posters be suggesting? That he's going to be a great president?
    They are, of course, suggesting that we've been down this road in recent history, know where it leads, and maybe we shouldn't tread the same ground all over again like we didn't learn that lesson the first go around.

Hypocrisy because Leftists claimed to hate the use of 'Hitler' to describe politicians. Now they use it themselves since they lost the White House. That is what you call Hypocrisy.
    No, people took issue when people called random politicians Hitler for the sole reason of "I don't like them". Like when they called Obama "Hitler". It was a claim without any basis in reality.

With Trump, there ARE clear similarities in their rhetoric and ideology.

You folks keep mistakenly pulling the "he's not putting them in CAMPS and MURDERING them" line, and that's just straight-up willfully ignorant of the history of Hitler's rise. He didn't START with death camps. Hell, the death camps were NEVER public knowledge, because he KNEW people wouldn't accept them. They were a VERY late iteration of a policy he started by underscoring the "threat" that Jews posed to the Reich. So they started with registrations. Things like making them wear badges; http://www.holocaustcenter.org/holocaust-badges

Saying we need to wait for actual death camps before saying "hey, hold up with the human rights abuses" is just plain nonsense. We'd rather not let it GET to death camps, and head this garbage off at the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They are, of course, suggesting that we've been down this road in recent history, know where it leads, and maybe we shouldn't tread the same ground all over again like we didn't learn that lesson the first go around.

No, people took issue when people called random politicians Hitler for the sole reason of "I don't like them". Like when they called Obama "Hitler". It was a claim without any basis in reality.

With Trump, there ARE clear similarities in their rhetoric and ideology.

You folks keep mistakenly pulling the "he's not putting them in CAMPS and MURDERING them" line, and that's just straight-up willfully ignorant of the history of Hitler's rise. He didn't START with death camps. Hell, the death camps were NEVER public knowledge, because he KNEW people wouldn't accept them. They were a VERY late iteration of a policy he started by underscoring the "threat" that Jews posed to the Reich. So they started with registrations. Things like making them wear badges; http://www.holocaustcenter.org/holocaust-badges

Saying we need to wait for actual death camps before saying "hey, hold up with the human rights abuses" is just plain nonsense. We'd rather not let it GET to death camps, and head this garbage off at the very beginning.

LOL ALrighty then

So when a Republican calls a Demcorat Hitler its hyperbole but when a Democrat calls a Republican Hitler its just serious bizness

All im hearing is excuses for spinning hypocrisy. Trump has not said anything that is more like Hitler than Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL ALrighty then

So when a Republican calls a Demcorat Hitler its hyperbole but when a Democrat calls a Republican Hitler its just serious bizness

All im hearing is excuses for spinning hypocrisy. Trump has not said anything that is more like Hitler than Obama.
    You aren't listening very hard, then.

This isn't a discussion of party affiliation, this is about the fact that Trump is a right wing demagogue and accordingly has much overlap with his predecessors in terms of rhetoric and political goals, including one Adolf Hitler.

Turning it into a sensationalist blame game rather than a matter of serious historical comparison and contrast more to the lack of depth you put into political thought than someone's apparent partisanism.

I can almost guarantee you I have lived around 'diversity' more than you have. I can also assure you that fucking racism isnt something that only white people have. Try explaining to your 3rd grader why kids at school are calling him cracker and ghost.

I lived in a neighborhood where most of the people were Arabic, Hispanic or Black. Now I live in a city where I don't go a single weekday without hearing 5+ languages. I wasn't even born here; I'm multiracial. So I wouldn't bet that you've seen or experienced more. Don't try and paint me as a someone who only praises diversity because they've never experienced it, if that's what you were going for.

Speaking of ghosts, you know how I'm treated on occasion in the most homogeneously white parts of my city? With occasional cold stares, like I'm some kind of ghost. I visited the village of my grandparents once, which was also a homogeneous population, and you know how some of them treated me? The same way. Now of course, most people were nice in both places. But there was always that small part of the population that wanted me to know I didn't belong there.

So I'll take diversity. I'll take a place where I've never been made to feel unwelcome. So I'm always up for telling ethno-nationalists to go fuck themselves.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL ALrighty then

We're not calling Trump "Hitler". We're pointing out that he's using the same techniques as Hitler, to accomplish similar goals, and since we know, by the example of Hitler, how terrible that stuff gets, maybe we should cut that shit out now.

So he doesn't become Hitler 2.0.

This has nothing to do with party lines. If a Democrat was saying "we should register all these Muslims", I'd be saying the same "woah there, Hitler" stuff I'm saying now.

And again; you keep acting like we're comparing him to Hitler circa 1945. We aren't. We're comparing him to Hitler circa 1933. Different ballgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lived in a neighborhood where most of the people were Arabic, Hispanic or Black. Now I live in a city where I don't go a single weekday without hearing 5+ languages. I wasn't even born here; I'm multiracial. So I wouldn't bet that you've seen or experienced more. Don't try and paint me as a someone who only praises diversity because they've never experienced it, if that's what you were going for.

Speaking of ghosts, you know how I'm treated on occasion in the most homogeneously white parts of my city? With occasional cold stares, like I'm some kind of ghost. I visited the village of my grandparents once, which was also a homogeneous population, and you know how some of them treated me? The same way. Now of course, most people were nice in both places. But there was always that small part of the population that wanted me to know I didn't belong there.

So I'll take diversity. I'll take a place where I've never been made to feel unwelcome. So I'm always up for telling ethno-nationalists to go fuck themselves.
    Being an anecdote it isn't generalisable, but this has been my experience as well. It tends to be the homogeneous white communities who are the least welcoming of outsiders and the least tolerant of any manifest difference; one of the reasons I could not live in a rural area is simply that it is more comfortable for me to live in a diverse environment.

Ive lived in 7 states as an adult, including 4 major cities and a handful of small cities. Ive lived in 4 small towns as well. Ive lived in all white areas and all black as well as near Mexico border. Ive lived in completely mixed areas. My bed has been like the United Nations. I love everyone. You can spare me any lectures on diversity.

Secure our borders and stop immigration from terrorist nest countries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Being an anecdote it isn't generalisable, but this has been my experience as well. It tends to be the homogeneous white communities who are the least welcoming of outsiders and the least tolerant of any manifest difference; one of the reasons I could not live in a rural area is simply that it is more comfortable for me to live in a diverse environment.

LOL Im sorry but thats wrong. if anything its easier being black in an all white area than white in an all black area. Dont even try to tell me differently.

Ive lived in 7 states as an adult, including 4 major cities and a handful of small cities. Ive lived in 4 small towns as well. Ive lived in all white areas and all black as well as near Mexico border. Ive lived in completely mixed areas. My bed has been like the United Nations. I love everyone. You can spare me any lectures on diversity.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Im sorry but thats wrong. if anything its easier being black in an all white area than white in an all black area. Dont even try to tell me differently.
    Making and muslim registry, and banning a certain religion for entry on the united states is Textbook nazism. Replace the muslims with the jews, and you get 1933-1936 germany. I'm sorry for all of the sane americans, but i really think that you (USA) will get the ww2 germany treatment, and stop being a superpower
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

You misunderstood me. I wasn't lecturing you on diversity. I was telling you to fuck off for trying to lecture me on diversity.