Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yet I played since vanilla and never felt meh till 6+ months in. Legion isn't bad but I feel they went too far regarding making dungeons the apple. I hit 850 through WQs, there's no need to be higher ilvl unless i'm doing Mythic +. As it is im entertaining myself till 7.2 by avoiding end game
    But in vanilla you wanted always better gear, to do dungeons overall and to do harder dungeons faster, but they took more time and effort and less loot for you. Now it's the same thing but dungeons are faster and harder. It's still the same principle of wanting gear and there it is waiting for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you only do things if you have a reward in the end?

What about downing bosses with your friends? You look like a single player playing a MMORPG.
    None of my friends are interested in killing the same boss 50x. If I was a singleplayer I wouldn't RP which is a group activity

I've been consistently pvp'ing in Wow since Wotlk and I can honestly say - I'm starting hate it now. Rng attached to pvp gear is a terrible idea. Matter of fact Blizzard said that in WOD and then they made pvp in Legion 100% Rng. If you play a Bg you don't feel like you're making a difference in the game, going 8-2 or 7-1 isn't as fun as going 24-0 consistently. For years they've measured player contribution in Bgs with dmg and Hk's, but now they changed the playing field but still grade the same way. Rbgs are dead, they're not on life support or slowly dying, they are literally dead. There's very little incentive to do them anymore. 2's is a joke unless you play melee then again it always has been a joke and probably at this point always will be. 3's isnt really that bad if you find people you can cooperate with, but that seems to be harder and harder to do.

People might and probably will say, I am textbook case of pvp burnout. But, I don't believe so, I've enjoyed doing the same bgs over and over and over and over again for 8 years. If I was burnt out, I'd imagine it would've happened long ago. It's possible the lack of new BGs in both Wod and Legion led to this along with the "work in progress" feel of the current state of pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    But in vanilla you wanted always better gear, to do dungeons overall and to do harder dungeons faster, but they took more time and effort and less loot for you. Now it's the same thing but dungeons are faster and harder. It's still the same principle of wanting gear and there it is waiting for you.
    Legion dungeons aren't remotely difficult...

I agree in Vanilla things took longer I didn't actually hit lvl 60 till a few months before TBC

Sounds to me that you went through the content all too fast. How many hours do you play daily/weekly? I play on average 6 hours a day and there's still a lot for me to do (achievements, pet/mount farming, WQs, raiding, M+, etc). You might have burned everything you had to do due to overplay and now you feel there's nothing left. If that is the case, when 7.1.5/7.2 hits, do something else between playing sessions. Play other things, do a hobbie or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I think the lack of any cosmetics (which is to say, mounts and/or pets) and Exalted rep is a serious miss.
    That's very true

Nope. Raiding, doing Mythic +'s, dungeons, and WQ's constantly.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    So you only do things if you have a reward in the end?

What about downing bosses with your friends? You look like a single player playing a MMORPG.
    Seems pretty reasonable to only want to do dungeons/raids for loot.

Deleted
    Legion dungeons aren't remotely difficult...
    To be honest, difficulty is always relative to your gear and the keystone you use. You can setup dungeons to be the extremely difficult these days.

On my main I log in three days a week, two to raid and one to run mythic + til we clear a 10 or higher. I also clean up the emissary quests I have and any new Suramar chains along with the world boss. If I have some free time or we don't raid, it becomes alt time. I just run WQs on them or if I feel up to it some LFR. Much like In WoD I only had time to log on for raiding and that left me with plenty to do, and tons of stuff that was unfinished. I have tons of stuff to do especially since I am after every artifact skin in the game, not color just the general skin, I don't have enough time to get every color, but I do have almost every hidden skin already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Sounds to me that you went through the content all too fast. How many hours do you play daily/weekly? I play on average 6 hours a day and there's still a lot for me to do (achievements, pet/mount farming, WQs, raiding, M+, etc). You might have burned everything you had to do due to overplay and now you feel there's nothing left. If that is the case, when 7.1.5/7.2 hits, do something else between playing sessions. Play other things, do a hobbie or whatever.
    I wouldn't say I went too fast, 4 weeks before I hit 110. Achievements never really interested me unless a reward is involved and mounts feel very slim in Legion. WQs are really only useful for reputation and gear

Legion being super alt unfriendly, super inflated power levels, caches being tedious and secondary stats going through the roof, its hard for a hardcore player to stay invested.

So my main is 850 and all I seem to do is log him once a week for AK and updated Suramar quests.

Thankfully I alt and RP but I have to say endgame for me is feeling really stagnant more so than other expansions. I don't enjoy rerunning dungeons and raids unless there's a quest or decent reward and PvP ain't fun. Now I aren't saying Legion is awful I am looking forward to 7.2 but I feel like I have hit the 'meh wall' faster

Any others?
    me but i found a semi solution to this in leveling alts to 110 - endgame seems boring atm if you dont raid or do high levels of mythic +
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-11-22 at 01:56 PM.

No traditional pvp vendors or gear is a serious miss indeed.

Other than that running battlegrounds feels way more rewarding now, than it has done since the end of the original honor system.
    You get lots of gear, honor and artifact power. I'd argue it may even feel more rewarding than farming mythic dungeons just for AP.

And the PvP Prestige system is the only real grind left (after r35 artifact) in this game.
    PvP'ers got more this expansion than many others, without even getting 1 new battleground.

Honestly I am not too sure, possibly excessive RNG and focus on Mythic +
    Could defenitely be. I know I'd much rather prefer a WotLk-like reward system where you do constant but consistent work with visible progress (by ammount of Emblems you accumulate) towards getting your gear, on top of the already RNG loot drops. Not sure Mythic + is involved in a bad way though, because in essence it doesn't really subtract from other parts of the endgame, it only adds an extra option.

I feel it too, to some extent, mostly just not very compelled to login and especially to do WQs or Dungeons at all, most days. But I think in my case I can cut it down to two main external reasons:
    1) My raid group has been growing unstable with people leaving / not showing up anymore / not being able to keep a regular weekly schedule, making raiding less organic and simple for me (considering I lead my group)
    2) Much less free time than I used to have. Most pre-Legion time I played was either as unemployed or a student, now with a job (and increased responsibilities/workload than I had in late WoD) I find it harder to care too much and especially to choose spending a lot of time in WoW when I could be using that little free time I had in other games I'd better enjoy, especially as you say when it's so RNG based and many of the activities only result on a chance of maybe getting a better piece of gear, many times actually resulting in no progress at all.

I'm pretty much forced into single player existence due to RL, I'm still greatly enjoying it.

Having little time, I finished Suramar rep 3 weeks after 7.1 so I'm still catching up on the new quests, run my emissary quests, do a couple of low M+ a week that I can pug and sometimes LFR when I feel like it. So far I have not felt any urges to level alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Genuine curiosity: What do you feel is the reason it feels different / more stagnant than in previous expansions?
    lack of badge gear/ too much rng/AK being worse then cancer . but thats just me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is 867 and i find myself playing him at the beginning of the week and logging to flip AK research and thats it. I love the spec and how it plays, but endgame content is stale as fuck. Blizzard seems to think that tedium and irritation are the only things players want to see in group content and i find myself less and less inclined to participate. World quests are just dailies in a new wrapper and hardly something to get excited about.

Ive only got one exalted rep left and once thats done i will not even be doing emissary quests anymore. I dont give a shit about AP grinding or microscopically small chances of quote/unquote Legendary drops.

On the other hand, I have been playing Fallout 4 quite a bit of late. So ive got that goin on.

So my main is 850 and all I seem to do is log him once a week for AK and updated Suramar quests.

Thankfully I alt and RP but I have to say endgame for me is feeling really stagnant more so than other expansions. I don't enjoy rerunning dungeons and raids unless there's a quest or decent reward and PvP ain't fun. Now I aren't saying Legion is awful I am looking forward to 7.2 but I feel like I have hit the 'meh wall' faster

Any others?
    Why not raid, M+, pvp? Your 850 ilvl is what I would consider the minimum for a max level char after a few days in the game.

Deleted
    I had goals in previous expansions with a guaranteed carrot to eat. Mount/pet collecting for one, weapon collecting, reputation farming for awesome goodies
    Lucky those things are still here There's more dungeon content than ever as well, you can run Mythic+, Karazhan or raid. Making a Mythic+ group has been the most fun I've had in years, we have cleared as high of 13 at the moment with some pretty good hours into a few 14s.

I'm generally burnt out on the game as a whole anyways, it's pretty normal for people to be burnt out after 12 years of the game being out to be honest.