Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

[GAME] RTC /10 - S1: The Helheim Battle Royal! Premise, Concept, Discussion!

UPDATE: We will start the game on Friday 25/11/2016! Let's have fun!

(ATTN: This is NOT the game topic. We will have ANOTHER topic for the game on a later date, early next week!)

RATE THE CHARACTER/10 - SEASON 1: The Helheim Battle Royal
    Concept, Premise, Discussion!

- Hello again, everyone!
    - Long time no see!
    - Indeed it was.
    - My name is Archmage Kalec(gos the Spellweaver formerly), but you already know that.
    - Hope you are all enjoying Legion!
    - Can't wait for S2 to begin early 2017!
    - But today, I bring you the concept of a new game to discuss.
    - A game that I proposed (in rough form) to some of you, and got mostly positive responses so might as well at least go in depth and gauge interest.
    - Well... Let's have fun I suppose? Yay?
    - Yay.
    - No.
    - YAY!
    - Yep, that's more like it.

Premise:

In the Ruler of Helheim's continuous efforts to dethrone the Titan Keeper Odyn, and seize control of the Halls of Valor, Helya the Sea-Witch allied herself with a mysterious figure of shadows & darkness who granted her the position of a mysterious scepter. Together with the help of her new ally, she imprisoned and corrupted Archmage Kalec, for the purpose of using his draconic powers to do her biddings. With Kalec's magical prowess, she ordered the extraction of the souls of a one hundred heroes and villains for the purpose of using their powers as avatars to empower her Kvaldir Forces.

But first, not before finding who is the most worthy among them in the ninty nine tiers of Hell, by making them participate in the Helheim Battle Royal, to test their mettle and elevate the strongest among them to be her personal avatar -- a soul worthy of being at the helm of her vast armies, and on the seat next to her among deities...

^ See this lady here? She will drown you all like RATS.

Concept: (aka cut the fanfiction crap and tell us how this shit works)

The game is simple.

- With the exception of Kalecgos due to his corruption at the hands of Helya and her mysterious cohort, all the other 100 participants from Rate The Character/10 S1 will be the initial roster. This means, Kalec is the only character who can never reach the Deity Tier.
    - We start with the remaining 100 names. Each user can save a character per hour. That means: You can come back to save as many characters as you want as long as there is at least an hour gab between your current and last save. Also, it doesn't mean you have to come 24 hours a day. Once you casted a vote, that character is saved.
    - The last remaining character without a vote will be eliminated, and the game will restart with the remaining 99 names, and so on. The last remaining character, aka the ultimate winner of the Helheim Battle Royal will be elevated to the Deity Tier of the Rate The Character /10 rooster!
    - In the future, characters will require 2 unique saves by different users to advance. Further into the competition, 3. Furthermore, 4. And so on.
    - There will only be one topic which I wil update the list on the original post of periodically, and post the list of characters still in danger to make it easier for you guys to pick your next save. For example, Player A might come to save their favorite character Jaina, but find that Player E has already saved her so they can instead save one of their other favorites.
    - It is indeed simple, and in practice you will see how rather than in theory. All you need to know for now is that you can save a single character from the list every hour, and that once you save that character, it's safe so feel free to return and save another character later.
    - Finally, gibberish talking in the topic is not only allowed, but welcome. Talking isn't against the rules you know.

Discussion of the Contest Rules:

This isn't the game topic, and we will be doing another topic when the game starts next week. Yes, the whole game will be ran in a single topic to avoid flooding the forums since this game can be done that way, and I (alongside other volunteers) will be responsible of updating the list of endangered characters throughout the topic to make it easier for all of us. For now, feel free to ask anything on your mind in this topic, tell your friends about the game, etc. It ought to be fun even if we could collect 10 regular users to participate. That said, the interaction with people I mailed about the game was mostly positive, so I trust this will be active enough to be interesting.

Thank you, good luck, and I hope you have fun!
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-11-23 at 12:16 PM.

Who will save Med'an?

By the way, you should make it very obvious that this isn't the game thread, since the rules and the... "lore" are written before the discussion paragraph. I was tempted to vote halfway through reading the post.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-11-22 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Who will save Med'an?

By the way, you should make it very obvious that this isn't the game thread, since the rules and the... "lore" are written before the discussion paragraph. I was tempted to vote halfway through reading the post.
    lol ok, a valid insight.

I will move things around a bit, or better yet, I will just open the whole topic with that. Thanks!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Who will save Med'an?
    no one.
    that miserable son of a murloc will fall faster than a gnoll hit by a fireball.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    I know who I will always save the first few rounds up to the point we need 2 votes for a save!

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Med'an can drown in his own blood.

Pls no save Med'an.

Deleted
    I will be saving the guy Med'an "allegedly" defeated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    I will be saving the guy Med'an "allegedly" defeated.
    as you say, but dont be surprised when there's suddenly an ice spike replacing your lungs.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    as you say, but dont be surprised when there's suddenly an ice spike replacing your lungs.
    I meant I will save Jaina.

7+ Year Old Account

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    no one.
    that miserable son of a murloc will fall faster than a gnoll hit by a fireball.
    wa wa wa
    calm down

- - - Updated - - -

" Applause "
    well played
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one can save Jaina.... SHE WILL FALL!!
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Death to the Legion!

May Uther the Cardboardbringer still reign supreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Amen to that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm Malganis I AM ETERNAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

But who prays for Med'an? Who in eight years, has had the common humanity to pray for the one Mary Sue that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one Mary Sue among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every priest and paladin's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among Mary Sues the supremest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If this happened I will cry.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    But who prays for Med'an? Who in eight years, has had the common humanity to pray for the one Mary Sue that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one Mary Sue among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every priest and paladin's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among Mary Sues the supremest?
    Cho'gall will have his revenge, goddammit.

Deleted
    I will save Jaina. I will make it my goal to save Jaina.

If this happened I will cry.
    Now that would be something, Uther still reigning supreme.

Deleted
    By the way, I will put it out here now and later when we do the actual game topics:

When we get to the stage where characters need 2 or more votes to be safe, forming alliances between players to save each other's character IS allowed, and potentially fun as well.

Wait, is sargeras involved? Is he too powerful? Or....