10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I think I always end up capturing old pokemon when a new gen arrives, I'm just more familiar with them D:

But this time we get some ultra cool versions of older pokemon, the snow Vulpix is just too cute.

The dragon type palm tree is absolutely glorious.
    I got Moon because it has Iceshrew and Iceslash. Sun has Ice Vuplix/Ninetails. Both evolve via Ice Stone. So they introduced a new evolutionary stone. Only problem is I don't know when I can get Iceshrew. So I got the generic flying Pokemon and Dark Meowth to fill out my team for now.

Deleted
    That's awesome. No one's translating the LN, official releases will prolly take years to even get the first few volumes out before abandoning the title entirely, and it was good fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is anyone else watching the new Gundam IBO season? Seems like I'm the only one talking about it.
    Eh, I'll let it get a few more episodes in before starting prolly.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few jrpgs on sale on the PSN store. Thinking about trying them out.

Fairy Fencer
    Megadimension Neptunia

The graphics leave a lot to be desired though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Anyone know much about Masamune-kun no Revenge? It's coming up in the next season, and looks exactly like the shit I want!
    I'm looking forward to it. The manga is decent apart from the once a month release.
    The premise is somewhat unique I suppose, basically the MC wants revenge on someone who he deems to have wronged him the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I got Moon because it has Iceshrew and Iceslash. Sun has Ice Vuplix/Ninetails. Both evolve via Ice Stone. So they introduced a new evolutionary stone. Only problem is I don't know when I can get Iceshrew. So I got the generic flying Pokemon and Dark Meowth to fill out my team for now.
    Sandshrew/Vulpix are on the third island. You can easily trade your exclusive for the other one on the GTS, that's what I did (I got Moon). Though I never ended up using Vulpix anyway.

I heard an interesting question proposed on the Weebcast, and I thought I'd pose it here:

You can wipe from your memory two anime. One anime for the purpose of watching it again for the first time and for general enjoyment, and the other anime for the purpose of not watching it because it was awful. What would those anime for you be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I heard an interesting question proposed on the Weebcast, and I thought I'd pose it here:

You can wipe from your memory two anime. One anime for the purpose of watching it again for the first time and for general enjoyment, and the other anime for the purpose of not watching it because it was awful. What would those anime for you be?
    First one, I want to say Code Geass because that'd be great to experience for the first time again. But it was also one of the first few anime I watched... so I don't know if it'd be the same watching it now. I mean rewatching it is still enjoyable because I look back on it favorably, but if I watched it fresh I'd probably be too critical of it.

So, probably Shinsekai yori. I still think it'd be just as enjoyable were I watch it for the first time right now.

Second one, I don't know. Maybe Glasslip, but the threads were pretty funny.

Steins;Gate for good.

Taboo Tattoo for bad.

Too easy

10+ Year Old Account

To watch again : Code Geass? Maybe OreGairu. That would be a fun one to watch with someone close to you.
    To forget : OreImo

10+ Year Old Account
    No Game No Life for my good. Mayoiga (sp?) for bad.

Actually, Oreimo for good. Oreimo S2 OVAs for bad, fuck that ending. I prefer the happy end

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single time I encounter Team Skull. I expect them to start rapping Eminem lyrics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kemono Friends TV Anime to Premiere on January 10 With Half-Hour Episodes

Spoiler: 

ohh full length.

to bad they are shutting down the game this anime is supposed to be promoting.

Kemono Friends App Ends Service Before Anime Premieres in January

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Maybe OreGairu. That would be a fun one to watch with someone close to you.
    Can confirm, watched the first time alone and it was already great. Watching it by the second time with the gf was also super enjoyable, she ended up as team Totsuka though...

Deleted
    Never thought I'd end up in the anime thread.

Anyway, looking for some recommendations if you're up for helping me out.
    I'm not a big anime watcher, but I have seen a few shows (listed) that might be useful for you to get a handle on my tastes...

Samurai Champloo
    Outlaw Star
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Attack on Titan
    Afro Samurai
    Akira

Requirements:
    Absolutely no 9000 year old demonic little girls.
    No high-school dramas.
    Little to no fan-service, really not interested in animated panties or boob jiggles.
    "Power" should be reasonable. Hard to care when every ability is world-ending in scope. FMA/AoT is about right.
    Action/fighting is a requirement.

Other pluses:
    I like animation that's 'dynamic'/energetic. I hate it when there are a load of still frames or skipped frames.
    Not too much filler. Plot should keep moving.
    Blood/gore/violence.
    Characters can die.

Edit: Don't really mind subbed or dubbed, but if you feel the English voice-overs are particularly good then feel free to lemme know,

Cheers.

Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-11-23 at 04:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Never thought I'd end up in the anime thread.

Anyway, looking for some recommendations if you're up for helping me out.
    One punch man for a start. (fan service is bare minimum, as for power its part of joke)
    Ajin is also great and so its Parasyte (those 2 fit the list the best)
    Bungou Stray Dogs also works.
    But as total start you should go with JOJO from part 1 to the last one. (jojo fills all the slots + bonus ones)

Also...to be hero...wtf was that marrige.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    One quick question... dubbed only? I feel like based on what you listed, you're looking for something dubbed in English already
    Actually I don't mind, although if the English voices are good (they were in Champloo and FMA, IMO) then dubbed can be easier to watch. Should probably add that to my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I don't mind, although if the English voices are good (they were in Champloo and FMA, IMO) then dubbed can be easier to watch. Should probably add that to my post.
    Just throwing out 2 that should fit: akame ga kill and hellsing ultimate (make sure that it's ultimate)
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    A nice trick to find good shows to watch is simply clicking people's signatures here, they almost always give you MAL profiles where you can see which shows people gave good grades and which shows they gave bad grades. Picking something with a "10" from anyone here is usually very safe.

The fighting anime requirement makes it a little hard to recommend a long list, but there are certainly some titles worth trying:

Rainbow - Not really focused on fighting, but you get some neat boxing.
    Kiseijuu - Has highschool kids but isn't focused on it in any way.
    Code Geass - Also isn't focused on fighting but you'll get some mecha battles.
    Fate/Zero - Amazing fantasy "fighting" anime, but preferably should be watched after Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, since it's a prequel.

There are a lot of other things that I could think of, but I'm sure other posters will give you plenty of options =)

OPM is a 10/10 must if you like comedy and fights, but the MC is probably the most OP protagonist you'll ever see.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2016-11-23 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Just throwing out 2 that should fit: akame ga kill and hellsing ultimate (make sure that it's ultimate)
    Akame is not worth watching. It goes away from original manga source to much.

If you dont mind some nudity, watch kill la kill. For the comedy its worth it.

Also if you like mafia anime 91 days its pretty good.
    I recomend hunter x hunter to. (but beware the anime ends at the most interesting part)

What i dont recomend watching is No game no life....mostly a reason because you will want more of it and then realize its gone.

Dont watch that:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Little to no fan-service, really not interested in animated panties or boob jiggles.
    You'll learn to enjoy anime more if you ignore the fanservice. Some real good series show more skin more often than necessary without any sacrifice to the story or characters.