Thread: Traps!!

Traps!!

So Survival should not be forced to replace certain traps with others. if they get the talents to add a trap it should not replace the other ability.

Also I hate the fact I have 3 strong trap related options on the same talent tier, all 3 of those should be survival only and baseline. They all serve different purposes.

Oh yeah also let me throw explosive trap again

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Also I hate the fact I have 3 strong trap related options on the same talent tier, all 3 of those should be survival only and baseline. They all serve different purposes.
    Um... Isn't having three strong options that serve different purposes the ideal design for a talent row?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Um... Isn't having three strong options that serve different purposes the ideal design for a talent row?
    NEXT!

Give the non-upgraded traps back to the other specs never should have left the hunter toolkit.

Also let me throw explosive trap again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are throwing your traps. Survival no longer have the trap launcher as they are a melee spec now. Though I wouldn't say no to all the traps being made available to BM and MM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    You are throwing your traps. Survival no longer have the trap launcher as they are a melee spec now. Though I wouldn't say no to all the traps being made available to BM and MM.
    Should actually play the spec before commenting. Only explosive trap is thrown, the others you still launch with a targeting recticle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should actually play the spec before commenting. Only explosive trap is thrown, the others you still launch with a targeting recticle.
    That doesn't change the fact you are throwing your traps. Maybe the class fantasy it that the fire traps are heavier than the ice and tar traps? Though it's more like the fire trap is meant to be a localized AoE and the other two are the CC abilities of the class.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.

That doesn't change the fact you are throwing your traps. Maybe the class fantasy it that the fire traps are heavier than the ice and tar traps? Though it's more like the fire trap is meant to be a localized AoE and the other two are the CC abilities of the class.
    durr bud it wasn't like this for years stop trying to debate my request, simply for the sake of it. they changed it id like to throw it like we have forever again, it was not a necessary change

10+ Year Old Account
    durr bud it wasn't like this for years stop trying to debate my request, simply for the sake of it. they changed it id like to throw it like we have forever again, it was not a necessary change
    You mean since Cata? Considering Hunters had to lay traps at first, it's more like it was reverted. Not to mention that Dragonfire Grenade has pretty much replaced throwing the fire trap as it has the same function so what would be the point of having it thrown again?

You mean since Cata? Considering Hunters had to lay traps at first, it's more like it was reverted. Not to mention that Dragonfire Grenade has pretty much replaced throwing the fire trap as it has the same function so what would be the point of having it thrown again?
    Its the the same as Cata. Jesus why reply if your ignorant to it lols.

Deleted
    But that's not true either. You throw tar+freezing (with your hands) and you "toss" the explosive trap.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    But that's not true either. You throw tar+freezing (with your hands) and you "toss" the explosive trap.
    um err aahh lols u get at targeting circle with them, like u did since u could throw traps, explosive is some unique new throw/drop hybrid. whats not true lols.

Deleted
    um er ahh, lulz. This

Only explosive trap is thrown
    lols.
    You don't launch anything as SV, you throw the CC traps and you drop/toss the explosive.
    Just nitpicking a litte, because your thread is garbage anyway.

and this stupid comment:
    stop trying to debate my request
    How about not trashing this place with useless threads then.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-18 at 08:53 PM.

um er ahh, lulz. This

lols.
    You don't launch anything as SV, you throw the CC traps and you drop/toss the explosive.
    Just nitpicking a litte, because your thread is garbage anyway.

and this stupid comment:

How about not trashing this place with useless threads then.
    bump for blizzard reading this post and making the change I suggested. (See latest PTR results)
    @KrayZee: you lose

Deleted
    bump for blizzard reading this post and making the change I suggested. (See latest PTR results)
    @KrayZee: you lose
    Not... really Mr.

It seems like you still didn't grasp what I actually said and you still didn't find your own mistake. Cute though.

Not... really Mr.

It seems like you still didn't grasp what I actually said and you still didn't find your own mistake. Cute though.
    you got owned lol, my post was stupid, you ignorantly stated throwing an explosive trap was somehow not in place for many years, yet it had changed in legion, its now reverted back to the way it was pre-legion, yet my suggestions in here were attacked.

Deleted
    I - did - not - state any of that.

And I attacked your "don't discuss things in my thread/my points" comment.

I'm not sure if my or your english is not good enough, but some words are clearly not understood.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-11-24 at 03:33 AM.

Anyways its good news, now we need an option of being able to drag stuff into the traps, I don't think survival has a taunt in its repertoire right now without the distracting shot.

I love traps too dude but WoW is a T rated game and since Trump was just elected, we aren't likely to see any progress made on that front anytime soon.

Did we figure out why they added 10 seconds to traps? if it was because it was added to BM and MM that seems absurd to carry that over to survival. did anyone find out why?

Also they are removing improved traps taking away the ability to reduce the cool down on stuff. is there a replacement talent?
    Last edited by dreaderus; 2016-11-27 at 08:33 AM.

As a survival hunter, I like that i can just cast/throw an explosive right in front of my feet. The spec is clunky in the first place. Why keep adding inconveniences to Survival. Developers need to spend a little more time with hunters for real.