Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Only the 1% that got they 2x BIS legendaries are happy, the 99% of the ppl is unhappy

Some guilds are starting to recruit only ppl with atlest 1 BIS legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Heres a better idea. Put the legendaries on a vendor so you can buy them with whatever. Putting that big asterix next to them NO MYTHIC RAIDS just to placate the tiny portion of mythic raiders is precisely the wrong lesson. Nothing is wrong with the legendaries in principle only the way in which they are distributed
    Why even put the asterix there when your solution solves the problem for EVERYONE? I know you hate mythic raiders but this is an issue where everyone has the same problem, the delivery system is shit. Solve that issue and the problem goes away for the super casual and hardcore raider alike.

Deleted
    I will put it very simply for all those "there is no softcap" people out there, so even they can grasp what is happening. Especially after reading shit like "lol exorsus bullshits about legendaries to distract from their exploits".

EVERY topguild out there has the same problem. EVERY FUCKING TOPGUILD. So lets do some very simple dumbed down math, shall we?

Let's look at the top 10 guilds worldwide: If 200 people get their first 3-4 legendaries in their first 400 runs. (For the sake of simplicity we will just say 4) That indicates that the dropchance of legendaries per myth+run/per person was around 1%, before they changed something.

Which means every run had a 99% chance for you to not get a legendary. 10 runs 90% for no legendary. 100 runs 37%. 400 runs 1.7%.

Those people got that many legendaries in that many runs. So anyone disputing this is honestly just a moron. These are fucking facts every raider in a topguild who no-lifed myth+ will and can confirm.

What happend then?

Legendaries just stopped dropping for people who farmed an insane amount of mythics+.

So what are the chances for 200 people to not get a SINGLE legendary in 400 runs you might ask? Let's see. If one person has a 1.7% chance to get no legendary in 400 runs. The chance for 200 people to get no legendary in 400 runs is ... 0,017^200.

I hope you don't really want me to actually calculate that, i will just give you the chance for it to happent to 5 people simultaneously.

5 people no legendaries in 400 runs = 0,0000001419857% chance for that happen (before the nerfs/softcap/whatever obviously)

Now, most people assume it's a softcap on 4 legendaries, i assume differently. Mostly because with 800+ mythics i still sit on 3. I think they just generally nerfed the legendary droprate in mythics > HARD < after seeing people already have 4 2 months into the expansion, which is fine if they fuckin communicate it.

The only bluepost we have says that "there is no softcap" and i agree, there is no softcap. They just nerfed the whole fucking legendary dropchance into the ground.... unless you don't have a single one obviously, otherwise you would feel excluded and we all know how casual wow got.

So do you really fucking believe blizzard and all those retards talking out of their ass with their 0,0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000001% (many zeros missing) fucking chance for that to happen?

Really? Are we that fucking stupid in 2016? Well, i guess Trump and Brexit happened to, so why do i even fuckin ask in the fuckin first place?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    The only bluepost we have says that "there is no softcap" and i agree, there is no softcap. They just nerfed the whole fucking legendary dropchance into the ground.... unless you don't have a single one obviously, otherwise you would feel excluded and we all know how casual wow got.
    Do you really think that someone who has Prydaz or Sephuz, and meet another player thas has 4 usefull legendaries does not feel excluded?

Maybe this has some time-gating of some sort, like Artifact Power, only something hidden tracking.

I have a character who is always lucky (like, freakin always, out of 10 coins he gets 8 loot), while my main is not considered lucky at all.

However something changed with the Legendary system, because I've got my 4th yesterday.
    I only have 18 days /played, ~120 M+ clears (only 4-5 10+), but I've killed ~40 EN Mythic bosses and 3 full clears of ToV.
    My two alts have 1-1, but I rarely play them.

There _IS_ something hidden, maybe some algorythm which monitors what type of content you play and discourages grinding?
    Maybe the fact that I bought 7 tokens yesterday and the game sent me a kiss?

It can't be just RNG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Heres a better idea. Put the legendaries on a vendor so you can buy them with whatever. Putting that big asterix next to them NO MYTHIC RAIDS just to placate the tiny portion of mythic raiders is precisely the wrong lesson. Nothing is wrong with the legendaries in principle only the way in which they are distributed
    Well, my ideas were to not get rid of the RNG because Blizzard seems to find this RNG idea so great for some reason. I'm not personally a fan of RNG but if it has to be around there are just better ways to deal with it than current implementation. I simply see several possible solutions of the current problem. I personally have found MoP/WoD model of getting a legendary item quite okeish. But supposingly there are people who cannot live without RNG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    Now, most people assume it's a softcap on 4 legendaries, i assume differently. Mostly because with 800+ mythics i still sit on 3. I think they just generally nerfed the legendary droprate in mythics > HARD < after seeing people already have 4 2 months into the expansion, which is fine if they fuckin communicate it.
    No, it would be horrible if what you say it is true and they comunicate it, it would mean that the ones with just one legendary would never cath up with the ones with four, and it would be a mess also if they extend bad luck protection system until you have four legendaries, why? it would force people to delete their char and start a new one and try to get 4 good legendaries, in case they have been unlucky with their 4 legendaries.
    Honestly i do not see a good way out of this mess they have created, and the main problem with the system is the existance of crappy Legendaries, or better, such a big difference between legendaries, it forces the player to beat RNG twice with legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    there are just better ways to deal with it than current implementation.
    The solution is the same they should addapt for balancing classes.
    Different legendaries, only a 1% performance difference between the best one and the worst one, and a huge part of the problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    I have a character who is always lucky (like, freakin always, out of 10 coins he gets 8 loot), while my main is not considered lucky at all.
    This has been happening to me since D2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    The solution is the same they should addapt for balancing classes.
    Different legendaries, only a 1% performance difference between the best one and the worst one, and a huge part of the problem solved.
    That would be perfect but even while Blizzard is getting better with balancing, 1% difference is really hardly possible to achieve. And at the top this 1% still matters.

Just another fucked up aspect of legendaries. When they announced the feature in 2015 I thought it would be bad for progress oriented players but I couldn't have imagined how horribly shitty it turned out.
    You got 4 legendaries on your Unholy DK? Cool, now we buff Frost and you have to reroll. But good luck farming new legendaries due to the soft cap.... better level a new DK. Great system, Blizzard.

Honestly at this point just please remove legendaries altogether.
    Last edited by Todesbote; 2016-11-24 at 02:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    And at the top this 1% still matters.
    Yeah, right, but only at the top, as it is now it affects everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    Just another horrible aspect of legendaries. When they announced the feature in 2015 I thought it would be bad for progress oriented players but I couldn't have imagined how terrible it turned out.
    You got 4 legendaries on your Unholy DK? Cool, now we buff Frost and you have to reroll. But good luck farming new legendaries due to the soft cap.... better level a new DK. Great system, Blizzard.
    Right on spot, i also thought it would be horrible for top progression guilds, but i never thought the system would be a nightmare for nearly all the playerbase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yeah, right, but only at the top, as it is now it affects everyone.
    True. I am simply very skeptic about balancing solving issues Just based on the experience of playing WoW for a very long time ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Why even put the asterix there when your solution solves the problem for EVERYONE? I know you hate mythic raiders but this is an issue where everyone has the same problem, the delivery system is shit. Solve that issue and the problem goes away for the super casual and hardcore raider alike.
    Well yea sorry maybe it wasnt clear. The other guy was suggesting making legendaries notnwork in mythics. Thats bs and it misses the problem completely. No asterix needed. Just a vendor.

Ppl dismissed the legendary bug that happened early on when ppl got easy legendaries after the first

Couple days later, blizzard hotfixed it

More and more I belive on the soft-cap

Deleted
    If a softcap exists, which does not seem unrealistic, it really screws up people who gotta swap spec because of blizzards tuning.

If i got 3 UH only legs, how am i gonna get two in time for frost?

> Bring the Class not the Player
    > Bring the Player not the Class
    > Bring the Legendary.

#JustBlizzardThings

(D)Evolution!

Deleted
    The best way to go about it in a perfect world would be to

1. Have legendaries for a certain spec balanced amongst them
    2. Have no incredible synergy between legendaries
    3. Keep to their balance promise of "We won't make specs OP or nerf them to the ground"

Since the above is pretty much impossible you end up either

1. Making all legendaries the same flavour of useless
    2. Pissing off a lot of people who don't pray to RNJesus daily
    3. Bringing in a system where you can swap legendaries with other legendaries of the same spec for a decent cost i.e. blood of sargeras, resources + random dungeon mats i.e. The tears of that one guy in that one dungeon who crid when Britney Spears sang that one song.

Kind of shit that they still want to keep going with the "Omg so random WOW Legendary awesome" system but one can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    The best way to go about it in a perfect world would be to

1. Have legendaries for a certain spec balanced amongst them
    2. Have no incredible synergy between legendaries
    3. Keep to their balance promise of "We won't make specs OP or nerf them to the ground"

Since the above is pretty much impossible you end up either

1. Making all legendaries the same flavour of useless
    2. Pissing off a lot of people who don't pray to RNJesus daily
    3. Bringing in a system where you can swap legendaries with other legendaries of the same spec for a decent cost i.e. blood of sargeras, resources + random dungeon mats i.e. The tears of that one guy in that one dungeon who crid when Britney Spears sang that one song.

Kind of shit that they still want to keep going with the "Omg so random WOW Legendary awesome" system but one can hope.
    They should have all been utility focused instead of one person getting say Gateway pants and another getting a 10% DPS boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    They should have all been utility focused instead of one person getting say Gateway pants and another getting a 10% DPS boost.
    That's one way of doing it but it takes away from the intention that legendaries should be interesting things with at least some semblance of impact. While something like the balance boots(healing touch cast time reduced by % and healing increased by % for casts of wrath/lunar strike) is useful both in raids & solo content as a way to save someone's ass it's not going to elicit the same response from players as the ring which more or less gives you double the uptime on incarnation. Taking into account how some specs want secondary stats more than intellect you again get the issue where some classes will forego equipping a utility legendary simply because the stats are fucked.

That's why i'd rather they let you select legendaries & swap them as needed instead of making them just meh. There's some potential with legendaries especially those that affect play-style since they make things slightly more interesting and i'd hate to see that go instead of fixing the more obvious issue of RNG.

That's why i'd rather they let you select legendaries & swap them as needed instead of making them just meh. There's some potential with legendaries especially those that affect play-style since they make things slightly more interesting and i'd hate to see that go instead of fixing the more obvious issue of RNG.
    They should have tagged them 'power' and 'utility' and the order hall trait that allows to wear two should have been one of each. Combine that with the ability to buy your legendary items with a token or similar system and you're forcing players to make choices instead of just picking the two with best throughput.

Deleted
    That's one way of doing it but it takes away from the intention that legendaries should be interesting things with at least some semblance of impact. While something like the balance boots(healing touch cast time reduced by % and healing increased by % for casts of wrath/lunar strike) is useful both in raids & solo content as a way to save someone's ass it's not going to elicit the same response from players as the ring which more or less gives you double the uptime on incarnation. Taking into account how some specs want secondary stats more than intellect you again get the issue where some classes will forego equipping a utility legendary simply because the stats are fucked.

THe illusion that nice impact comes from DPS is only there because it IS there.

If all legs were only nice utility legs from the start, i think we woulda been fine, and there would still be that "Fuck yes" feeling