Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO OP is advertising a reddit page or something.
    Seriously, these are tools, if you don't know how to use tools - don't use them. If your problem is "wrong" stat weights - well, i guess you are out of luck if you don't know that *gasp* you can change them
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

@Polarthief - For Legion, all of the trinkets on AMR are ranked directly from simulations, so that's a big improvement over WoD. IN WoD we tried to convert procs to a related damage stat so stat weights could rank them, and while it was clever, it wasn't good enough. So now, every single item with a proc gets ranked directly from simulations.

Keep in mind, the default stat weights also include default trinket sims - which are not custom to your character. If you run custom weights on our site, the trinkets will also get custom sims.

I've also spent a ton of time comparing our trinket sims to actual WCL logs to make sure they are accurate. So far so good. But if you see something off, definitely let me know so I can dig into it.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Their don't seem to be as much theorycrafting now as their used to be for certain classes. There is so much miss information going around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Icy Veins tells me to stack haste for Brewmaster monk, but I'm sort of confused there. Haste barely lowers my cooldowns and I'm drowning in Energy, since the only thing that costs energy is Tiger Jab and maybe BoF.

So IDK.
    Afaik (don't play BM, read about it earlier) stacking haste to 32(ish ?)% allows you to spam blackout something (combo ?) (last talent tier I think) every other gcd, so that's why some guides value it over all else, without mentioning the cap or anything.
    But that's another reason why many guides fail to deliver the point, they just tell you "stack stat X" without telling you why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Mrrobot isnt awful if you know how to use it.

yes it is you have to pay for all the decent stuff lol, i know its only like 1 dollar a month or something but it should be free

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    yes it is you have to pay for all the decent stuff lol, i know its only like 1 dollar a month or something but it should be free
    Don't pay it then. Also all you really need from it is the gear optimiser which is 100% free.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Polarthief - For Legion, all of the trinkets on AMR are ranked directly from simulations, so that's a big improvement over WoD. IN WoD we tried to convert procs to a related damage stat so stat weights could rank them, and while it was clever, it wasn't good enough. So now, every single item with a proc gets ranked directly from simulations.

Keep in mind, the default stat weights also include default trinket sims - which are not custom to your character. If you run custom weights on our site, the trinkets will also get custom sims.

I've also spent a ton of time comparing our trinket sims to actual WCL logs to make sure they are accurate. So far so good. But if you see something off, definitely let me know so I can dig into it.
    @Zoopercat - Ahh, good to know, thanks. I just remember the days of like Cata/MoP(?) when I would go on AMR and trinkets were a scattered mess.

AMR's always been a fairly reliable source if you know your stat weights. Noxxic on the other hand, has been anything but... toxic. *snickers*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm using Simcraft and Pawn and I try to keep updated on the class discord and Warrior forum on MMO-C. I do like using Icy-Veins as a quick reference when trying out a new class or spec but it shouldn't go beyond that.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a pity the creators of Rawr killed it off with the ill advised switch to Silverlight, that was a cool tool.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's a pity the creators of Rawr killed it off with the ill advised switch to Silverlight, that was a cool tool.
    Wasn't Celestalon the creator of Rawr?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Both AMR and IV are perfectly fine. IV serves a role of being a very baseline manual on how to play a spec you never played and give zero clues about. AMR is awesome when you can't decide whether the item you got is an upgrade for you or not - and they now have their own, very precise, built-in simcraft, which is as simple to use as pressing a button. If and when you need a more detailed info on playing your spec, you should refer to fan-made separate class forums. Just like it always was.

Noxxic though... is a troll site - and always was like that.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though