Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the Blizzard Store sell an AP boost?
    I don't think so.
    Make the logical leap please, obviously I'm speaking hypothetically. If Blizzard did sell an AP boost and they bought it would that have been OK?

At a MINIMUM they should've been given 10 years in a North Korean reeducation camp.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Thats how i feel aswell if they dont remove the ap from the exploiters.
    Why is this even a discussion? Blues already stated AP will be rolled back for those that exploited. Move on

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus.. Were you beaten much as a child or something? They've gotten just what they should get, no need to hammer them for it.

Deleted
    Yes, unless they used money from a bankrobbery to fund it..
    It's not just hypothetical, it has nothing to do the actual discussion.
    Just wanted to see where you actually stood on cheating. You seem to think its OK to cheat the game providing blizzard get paid for it and game integrity therefore means nothing.

If thats the case I've no idea why you are getting upset about this exploit.

Deleted
    Blizzard, don't ban the players, they are only using your shitty code: fire instead the incompetent programmer, or lead programmer, that allowed this exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I propose for everyone who completed that quest more then once that day:

- 6 Months ban (standard for cheating)
    - Reset of AK back to 1
    - Reset of all Artifacts on all affected characters.
    But is that enough? Maybe they should additionally spend 48 hours in stocks in the closest public square. Probably should do 6 months of community service as well.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    Blizzard, don't ban the players, they are only using your shitty code: fire instead the incompetent programmer, or lead programmer, that allowed this exploit.
    It probably isn't a single programmer. Usually development occurs on teams with everybody being equally accountable for mistakes. QA usually helps make sure loopholes like the exploit used don't exist but for a game as complex as WoW, there are bound to be gaps every once and awhile. (Similarly, look at League of Legends which has so many exploits that they've become a meme.)

Unless you're suggesting Blizzard should fire its entire programming team for a small exploit that didn't even really affect that many people... in which case, the game is probably better off without people with your mentality in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by trauma443 View Post
    So again, someone posts that cheating is okay because of a bug. It's not the players fault they found an exploit and directly acted on it and abused it time and time again, fully knowing it shouldn't be happening and choosing to not report the issue to Blizzard. This is along the lines of stupidity of people complaining about being banned in Overwatch because "It's 2016, everyone aimbots!"

Deleted
    My stance is that people broke the rules, got punished and people here are overreacting with the punishments they are asking.
    Hell, you don't even know what you are actually responding too! Great!

And no. Buying something from the store:
    a) Is not possible, they do not have AP boosts.
    b) Would not be cheating.
    Still amazes me that it is not cheating providing Blizzard get paid yet the effect on you and the game is largely the same. Fanboy logic is an amazing thing indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Still amazes me that it is not cheating providing Blizzard get paid yet the effect on you and the game is largely the same. Fanboy logic is an amazing thing indeed.
    And what's the point of insisting we have Draconian punishments for relatively innocuous transgressions? So a few people got some extra AP. Blizzard's taking it away and they had to sit in time out for a time proportional to their misconduct. Resetting their AP to zero or worse, permanently banning them just makes Blizzard look like totalitarian assholes and apart from appeasing the weird justice boner people get from the smug satisfaction of seeing people who use exploits punished, solves little to nothing at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I probably would have gone further with the penalty, if I were in charge. For example:

If before the exploit you had Artifact Level 30 and went up to 35, then I would have removed the exploited Artifact Power, putting them back at 30, and then removed the exact amount of artifact levels you gained from there, putting you at AL25. To discourage this kind of behavior further.

But that's me.
    well the punishment is the ban time... cause going down 5 isnt that much... 25-30 is about the same as 30-32 and with artifact knowlege its not going to do much
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Cheating is when you break the rules to get advantage.
    If you abuse a bug, you break the rules.
    If you take something from a store, you don't break the rules.

Fanboy logic?
    At least I am not making up stupid hypothetical situations that have nothing to do with the subject to make a point that is completely unrelated to the discussion.
    The worst part of your childish behaviour is that I never said anything about whether it was right or wrong, all I said was that the punishment people proposed here is ridiculous.
    So what you are saying is that you blindly accept Blizzards version of the rules even if they are contrary to what is good for the game. As you state "cheating is when you break the rules to get advantage" but gaining the same advantage because Blizzard say it fine is OK. Its therefore a safe conclusion that you don't question them because that requires independent thought and Blizzard cant be wrong - ergo Fanboy logic.

This is a discussion about Blizzards general attitude to cheating- their position that has become somewhat weaker since they allow it to go on for a price which causes a contradiction.
    Its certainly not a childish thing to actually think for yourself, you ought to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    So what you are saying is that you blindly accept Blizzards version of the rules even if they are contrary to what is good for the game. As you state "cheating is when you break the rules to get advantage" but gaining the same advantage because Blizzard say it fine is OK. Its therefore a safe conclusion that you don't question them because that requires independent thought and Blizzard cant be wrong - ergo Fanboy logic.

This is a discussion about Blizzards general attitude to cheating- their position that has become somewhat weaker since they allow it to go on for a price which causes a contradiction.
    Its certainly not a childish thing to actually think for yourself, you ought to try it.
    Yes thier game thier rules that you can choose to accept or not(the tos we agree to) and to play or not(are sub). If you don't like the rules the way to protest is to not play/pay them and maybe they will change them not to cheat.

All these people want blood for a silly exploit that's being reversed. This isn't real life. They didn't kill anyone or ruin anyone's day.
    Grandma left some change on the table and they stole it. Grandma caught them and didn't let them come over for 2 days and made them give the money back. Now grandma loves them again. No hard feelings, don't do it again.

Deleted
    1. The rules are the rules. Blizzard is the guy with the power and authority to create the rules.
    2. No, you asked whether it was cheating or not. By the definition of the word it would not be cheating.
    3. The attitude to cheating is clear: They take away your profits and ban you for a while.
    4. They allow? Blizzard doesn't allow anything, they aren't selling AP-boosts on their store.
    No one is disputing who has the power, that dosen't mean you shouldn't question the rules, you know have an opinion of your own.

Their attitude is indeed clear, cheat without our consent and risk a ban. Tell me what is the actual difference between obtaining AP levels via an exploit and skipping levels via a boost? They both provide levels and give an advantage.

Blizzard allow boosts, purchase of gold and loot of bosses in a single lock out via server transfer (or at least they used to, have they closed this exploit?). All of these things cheat the game, and provide an advantage over other players. That is undeniable, because you couldn't sell them if they didn't.

Deleted
    1. You didn't ask that. You asked if it was cheating or not.

2. There is no such thing as cheating with consent. THERE IS NO AP BOOST FOR SALE ON THE STORE!

3. They don't give an advantage. You could argue that the token gives an advantage, but people would call you a whiner that is REALLY taking this offtopic.

People cheated.
    People got punished.
    The punishment was good.
    The End.
    A boost doesn't give an advantage? Looting a boss twice in a lock out isn't an advantage? Yet people pay real life money for them? Seriously???
    Fanboy logic.... If you really think that then this AP exploit didn't give an advantage either - you cant have it both ways.

This isn't off topic, we are discussing Blizzard approach to cheating, yet you see no contradiction.

Deleted
    What boost? The level boost? No.
    How are you looting bosses twice a week?

The bug allowed people to gain a million AP.
    Clearly not intended and which is why they were banned.

Damn, you are one annoying "user".
    How can allowing someone to boost past levels not give an advantage over someone who dosen't boost?- clearly not leveling as intended.
    How can you sell a level boost if it dosen't give an advantage- what exactly are people buying?
    Guilds did or maybe still do switch servers during progression to reset their raid id to loot bosses twice. An exploit allowed probably because switching gives Blizzard money.

How is allowing people to boost past levels any different to people boosting AP levels through an exploit? The effect on game integrity is practically the same.

Why cant you see the contradiction here? Take off the Blizzard goggles for 5 minutes.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    And then what? This people will quit en mass. Its essentially Blizzards fault because of the silly grind they created for such a mandatory thing. I was there, thousends of people exploited it, the last target you had to kill was camped by 20+ 5 men grps at the same time (on one shard).
    And then they'll learn not to exploit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    is blizz reset my AP completely after me exploiting i would just quit tbh. blizz knows that, they dont wont to lose customers, thats why the just took away the extra AP.
    Why? At AK 17 you'd be back on 20 traits within an hour. Putting someone a bit behind everyone else seems fair if they exploited to be ahead of everyone for a while. Note, I do NOT support the idea of resetting AK, that's just way over the top.