Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizz really should ban all guilds that used this bug aswell.

Ha! Maybe Helya mythic just hasnt been killed yet afterall (without cheats).

Quote Originally Posted by Faezer View Post
    True Zyky, however method did kill it (so far as we know no bugs) but the raid unfortunately had to be overtuned because an embarrassment like EN clear time couldn't happen again, so it had to account for the guilds having 885-890 itlvl otherwise it would have ended too quick
    The issue with that is every single raid tier over the last few expansions, minus the last boss, has been killed first day or first couple days. Comparing to EN placement in tiers, if I'm not mistaken Highmaul was cleared first week too, same with MSV. Xavius was stupidly undertuned, my guild did it in like 5 pulls when we finally got past Cenarius, but that's not the point I was making. Raids aren't supposed to be built around the top .2% of raiding guilds. They're supposed to be semi accessible to everyone who is willing to play at a decent level and give a certain amount of time per week. How ToV is tuned right now I don't see more than -MAYBE- 50-100 guilds clearing mythic before Nighthold releases.

Jesus fucking Christ, who cares? I don't even think people give a shit at this point further than the stupid, smug satisfaction they get from seeing other people punished. I really wish this weird collective justice boner the community has recently would go fuck itself, already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    No matter how much smaller the advantage, cheating is cheating. If Blizzard wants to send the clear message they seem to want to send, and i aprove of it, at least the individual player should be banned and his achievement removed.
    I don't disagree with you in principal, but there's a very fine line imo. Bugged class mechanics exist on a lot of fights. For example, on the last boss of BRH, there's a bug with prot paladin's hand/light of the protector that causes it to heal for an infinite amount. There's been some times that without benefiting from that bug I would have wiped on that boss. Should I be banned and have my gear/ap from those kills removed? Should I have just not used hand of the protector and been a significant burden to my group? Is this bug more okay to abuse because I have no control over it activating?

Personally, I would like to draw the line at exploiting class mechanics. Which is to say, if there's something about your class that's bugged, abuse away. If there's something about a boss or reward that's bugged, abusing is a no no.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-11-25 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Class exploit for sure, at this point I don't care anymore who gets bans and who doesn't. Truth is ToV has been grossly overtuned since the beginning. When you're literally making fights so that you can only barely kill it with a guild average item level of 890 and the cap on gear is 895(not counting legendaries) and those 20 players have to play PERFECTLY then that's a gross way to design a raid/encounter. So yes exploiting happened, if the raid wasn't so grossly overtuned then guilds wouldn't have had to search for said exploits in order to kill it. Blizzard needs to be more consistent. Bugs have been happening every raid tier since the beginning of the game, the last time they actually banned a whole guild for using an exploit was in Wrath(maybe Cata, I don't remember if the guild who used DS on Sinestra to copy and then put Wrack back onto the boss was banned). But there have been several exploits abused every tier and nothing was done. Blizzard needs to have a little consistency with their banning process or properly tune raids so that you don't need to search for and then use an exploit to kill the boss.
    Personally I feel this way too, even with exploits the top guilds were just barely making it through and they seem genuinely sorry that they used it. To me it doesn't seem like they used the exploit because they wanted to but more because they kind of had to. And since Blizzard historically hasn't banned guilds for exploits like this I imagine they thought Blizzard wouldn't even do anything about it.

Deleted
    I wonder how awesome this could become if acknowledged and penalized.

I would not have banned them. Seriously a tank died and the encounter was way easier than supposed? So it's the problem of the guild that tank died? God blizzard come on and don't do such stupid stuff. They could easily fix this during progression but instead they ban people afterwards. mhm great move

And the insanity thing is there for AGES, still not fixed. That's just blizzards fault for real.

Deleted
    tbh never had any respects for these high end raid guilds if they have to use exploits to gain an advantage they should be permanently banned.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    tbh never had any respects for these high end raid guilds if they have to use exploits to gain an advantage they should be permanently banned.
    The vast overwhelming majority of world first kills by top guilds did not contain any kind of bug/exploit abuse. But keep the hate boner strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The vast overwhelming majority of world first kills by top guilds did not contain any kind of bug/exploit abuse. But keep the hate boner strong.
    Yeah seems to be one of those people jumping on the bandwagon nothing more. I mean yeah no justification but people are making a way bigger deal out of it than they need to.

Every top guild cheat and exploit. Thats how this game works

Deleted
    So i guess we should ban Method as well for buying multiple characters with BiS Legendaries/SP for the kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    So i guess we should ban Method as well for buying multiple characters with BiS Legendaries/SP for the kill?
    Like I said people hopping on the bandwagon and making a way bigger deal of this than needs to be.

The same community that has complained for years about bosses getting bowled over in a week are now complaining bosses are too overtuned.

How comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The vast majority wasn't overtuned to this extent. A bunch of kills were done with exploits though, and nothing ever happened.

Class exploit for sure, at this point I don't care anymore who gets bans and who doesn't. Truth is ToV has been grossly overtuned since the beginning. When you're literally making fights so that you can only barely kill it with a guild average item level of 890 and the cap on gear is 895(not counting legendaries) and those 20 players have to play PERFECTLY then that's a gross way to design a raid/encounter. So yes exploiting happened, if the raid wasn't so grossly overtuned then guilds wouldn't have had to search for said exploits in order to kill it. Blizzard needs to be more consistent. Bugs have been happening every raid tier since the beginning of the game, the last time they actually banned a whole guild for using an exploit was in Wrath(maybe Cata, I don't remember if the guild who used DS on Sinestra to copy and then put Wrack back onto the boss was banned). But there have been several exploits abused every tier and nothing was done. Blizzard needs to have a little consistency with their banning process or properly tune raids so that you don't need to search for and then use an exploit to kill the boss.
    psure the max ilvl is 900, i got a 900 neck from ToV that's for sure
    but yeah helya is retarded

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    psure the max ilvl is 900, i got a 900 neck from ToV that's for sure
    but yeah helya is retarded
    Max IL is 895 confirmed, only thing that goes above are legendaries.

lol Helya M loot is 895 base. Can still WF/TF

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Sauny/simple

900 neck on me

sooo?

edit: well armory doesnt have the updated ilvls yet, (legendary is 895 too) but yeah it is 900

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Sauny/simple

900 neck on me

sooo?

edit: well armory doesnt have the updated ilvls yet, (legendary is 895 too) but yeah it is 900
    Did you get it before or after the ToV Ilvl bump? I remember there apparently being a bug where when they buffed all ToV gear by 5 ilvls, and if you had a piece that was 895, it would get bumped to 900.