Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm surprised that this thread is still open, honestly. I'm far from a Trump supporter (I'm not even American) but let's not pretend as if the wording of this thread or the source is intended for mature, constructive debate and critique. Plus there's already a dozen or so 'Trump' threads already.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    First of all, I don't hold flip flops against people in most cases.

I feel that as a mature adult, you should still be able to learn (in fact, I feel that once you stop learning or trying to learn you are basically dead weight).

Would you prefer someone that stubbornly sticks to their guns even after they learn they are wrong (that person would be a total idiot, so dumb that they can't learn).

We probably can't imagine all the things Trump has learned in the last couple of weeks. It must be like stepping into a whole new world. It is no surprise that he has changed his mind on some things.

Whatever you may think about him, I truly believe that he wants to bring the country together. The left/dems won't let him, they are still in total attack mode (as if the election is still going on or something). They just keep on holdin' on.......

During the election, he had to go full attack on Hillary- there was no other way to win that election, it was "all in." Now that he has won (and wants to unite the country), he realizes that there are certain he can't do (such as lock ole Hills up) because if he does them, there will basically be no chance of uniting the country.
    No, I'd prefer a presidential candidate to not speak so ignorantly about everything in their campaign. I would prefer them to take the advice of field experts, military professionals, scientists, etc that tell him that he's spouting nonsense that has been disproven to be effective. Instead, he says a bunch of dumb shit (and dumb people love it) then he actually learns about a few things and goes back on what he says. The alternative is that he knew what was right all along and lied to his supporters to get them on his side. Either way, his supporters seem to be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm actually saying that the right to freedom of speech, as defined in the constitution, is literally not applicable in private forums such as this.

There is no such right in a private forum, as the rules are dictated by the forum owner and not the government.
    He was well aware of that, I even outlined it.

Freedom of Speech is only protected when it doesn't cause harm. Like you can't yell Fire! in a crowded theater, that's what you are saying and it's true.

What The Emperor is saying, is the exact same thing. He is saying that, regardless of consequences, he can say what he wants. Which is true, and he is well aware that it might have consequences, no matter what forum he is using. (Actually a lot of psychopaths/sociopaths use this logic, they are well aware of consequences but don't heed to them.)

Where is the confusion in what I said? He CAN say whatever he wants, where ever he wants, but that doesn't mean their aren't consequences. He was well aware of that. You need to learn to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Even though King Obama thinks otherwise, the president doesn't make policy.

If Congress doesn't ratify the Paris Accords they can't be enforced in the United States.

The president isn't a judge or prosecutor.

On gay "marriage", he just said that he thinks it's been settle by Obergerfell which means he won't waste executive branch resources defending the unconstitutional court opinion. So it's up to the judicial branch to defend it.

People who criticize the Electoral College often do so because they don't know it's purpose. If we didn't have the Electoral College there would be a system that was essentially the same thing in it's place.

It was better for him to just settle the Trump University lawsuit now rather than let it be a distraction during his presidency.

On Obamacare, he has just said he's open to keeping parts of it. He will still sign a bill repealing and replacing it.

As for the rest, he has said in interviews in the past that he can't promise everything.

Trump's brand is the "art of the deal". In order to make deals, you need to compromise on things. I'm pretty sure that has been well telegraphed all along. Looking at the electoral map, Trump needs to create good jobs for the midwest (because they are the states that switched from democrat to republican to hire him), instead of keeping every promise.

Sounds pretty smart so far. If that is his 1st term, he will get a 2nd.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    where is the poll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a Trump supporter but some of his flip flops since Election Day are for the better.

Still, he's almost assuredly going to be a shitty President as he's a narcissistic imbecile that's going to rubber stamp Paul Ryan's Ayn Rand fever dream federal budgets and congressional plans.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    He was well aware of that, I even outlined it.

Where is the confusion in what I said? He CAN say whatever he wants, where ever he wants, but that doesn't mean their aren't consequences. He was well aware of that. You need to learn to read.
    Or you need to learn to recognize what is actually being talked about before you butt in. I have no intention of speaking to him through you, he can argue his points for himself.

At any rate what you're doing is nothing but arguing semantics, and you're doing it by interjecting into an already existing conversation that exists as an aside to the actual forum topic. Who knows why you're doing it, but it's pointless. You don't actually know what he thinks or means because you're not him, and I'd suggest not speaking for others out of turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Don't really care at the end of the day. Since he will still always be less of a hypocritical cunt than anyone on Hillary's side.
    It's so hard to separate hyperbole from honesty with you folks when you paint with such a broad brush.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    This is actually happening now, it's most visible in places like China where most manufacturing jobs are. It's happening to manufacturing first because its easy to automate many of the processes. The companies went there for cheap labor initially now they are transitioning to automation. It is a natural progression for businesses to increase their efficiency and lower their costs. It's impossible to compete with robotics no matter how cheap your human labor is. I don't know what else to say to convince you.
    What you claim, and what actually...isn't happening appear differently.

Especially in light of the fact that tens of thousands of people in China die every year due to being overworked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What you claim, and what actually...isn't happening appear differently.

Especially in light of the fact that tens of thousands of people in China die every year due to being overworked.
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...?client=safari

Automation is happening even to people that make little, and it's only going to increase. The biggest domino will be when the transportation and logistics industry is gutted by self driving automobiles.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-11-25 at 02:57 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

In this thread: people who did nothing but watch CNN for the last 18 months.

Your world view must be incredible.

15+ Year Old Account
    D but i just wanted liberal tears because i dont care who is president

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...?client=safari

Automation is happening, even to people that make little.
    And it's only going to increase. The biggest domino will be when the transportation and logistics industry is gutted by self driving automobiles.
    Dude, you're still fantasizing. (And foxconn is probably the worst example you could have given considering how many people die every year working there)
    I realize not many consider the economics...but you aren't thinking of the big picture. Just like everyone with a tech-fetish...

I think I'll actually wait till he has taken office to actually judge him on his political actions.

Crazy idea, I know.

They don't think about those things

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, I'd prefer a presidential candidate to not speak so ignorantly about everything in their campaign. I would prefer them to take the advice of field experts, military professionals, scientists, etc that tell him that he's spouting nonsense that has been disproven to be effective. Instead, he says a bunch of dumb shit (and dumb people love it) then he actually learns about a few things and goes back on what he says. The alternative is that he knew what was right all along and lied to his supporters to get them on his side. Either way, his supporters seem to be fine with it.
    There was a ton of information he wasn't privy to as a candidate that he knows as President Elect. You have to remember that he isn't a politician, this is the first time he has held any office.

Also, I did say that were things he said just to win the election and probably didn't have much a mind to really do (such as prosecute hillary). Take all that as you will, but I do believe he would not have won the election without going "all in," there was really no other way to beat her well established machine.

Not only that, but all politicians do things like this. Go back and look at all the things Obama promised in his first campaign. He was originally even against gay marriage. He then realized his mistake and changed his view. When people said he "flip flopped," he said "no, my position is evolving..... and (guess what?) his supporters seemed to be fine with it.......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    There was a ton of information he wasn't privy to as a candidate that he knows as President Elect. You have to remember that he isn't a politician, this is the first time he has held any office.

Also, I did say that were things he said just to win the election and probably didn't have much a mind to really do (such as prosecute hillary). Take all that as you will, but I do believe he would not have won the election without going "all in," there was really no other way to beat her well established machine.

Not only that, but all politicians do things like this. Go back and look at all the things Obama promised in his first campaign. He was originally even against gay marriage. He then realized his mistake and changed his view. When people said he "flip flopped," he said "no, my position is evolving..... and (guess what?) his supporters seemed to be fine with it.......
    Obama did not make his opposition to gay marriage as a cornerstone of his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    15 Trump Flip-Flops in 15 Days

(a) Trump is a phony and hypocritical liar that has betrayed his supporters with his rampant flip-flopping.

(b) I'm glad that Trump has flip-flopped because I didn't agree with his previous policy but supported him anyway.

(c) It doesn't matter that Trump flip-flops because policy doesn't matter, I just like and trust him.

(d) I believe Trump is a bullshitter who made wild promises that cannot be met so his flip-flops are inevitable because he's now being mugged by reality.

(e) I've been duped and conned by Trump's flip-flops.

(f) Something else?
    Implying we supported the god emperor for his policies. We "trumpsters" supported him because he is the saviour of mankind and we fully trust him, if he changes a policy then he is right about it. You get it?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Read this now:

They don't care. This was nothing more than white-lash. Trump's policy? Like most of them even know his middle name. Don't be delusional. Trump can get caught selling national secrets to North Korea and they are still going to vote for him.
    Why do people keep talking about this white-lash bs? It is objectively false. Trump's numbers with whites were almost identical to Romney's in 2012 (you know, the GOP base). His numbers with both black voters and hispanics were BETTER than Romney's. At the end of the day, trump won because the democratic base didn't show up, and for no other reason. The Democrats picked a fucking mannequin for a candidate, and one surrounded in controversy at that, and paid the price for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Obama did not make his opposition to gay marriage as a cornerstone of his campaign.
    There were also many other promises and things he said that he never came through on. He actually said at one point that he was going to lower the sea level (or something along those lines), if I remember correctly. All politicians lie and pivot (I believe that is what they call it or you can use Obama's evolve). ) It's part of the reason I don't trust any politician. I don't know why anyone expected any different from Trump.