Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

Well, Mr. Dipshit Ramsay isn't famous for having any kind of skill. He's famous for being an asshole, period. That's all people know him for. Do I hate him though? Well, he's human, so of course. But, he's also clearly a bully, and was also clearly a bully in school as well, so yes, I'd break an axe on his skull if I had a chance, obviously, because that's what he deserves. Being a bully.

We don't have a thing called "poptarts" in Finland. I don't think it passed all the health and safety regulations. Peanut butter we do have, but I very rarely have that. And, no, we don't have "thanksgiving", because we don't celebrate the genocide of Native Americans, because that would be extremely insensitive and fucking dumb.

Since apparently you like the dead horse trodding over you repeatedly.

Chef Ramsay was actually famous before his American shows, after all having received a Michelin Star before the start of HK.

And T-Day isn't about what happened a long time after Plymouth Rock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Don't they typically serve like 20+ course meals as well?

Normally 7 to 11, though there is a restaurant in Chicago famous for like 16 or 17 courses. Hence why they are small and nowhere Syd's preference of vastly oversized diner portions.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Random - if I wanted to get into GITS where's a good place to start? Interested, but it seems like there's a lot out there. Start at the proper start? Skip things? Curious.
    Theres not exactly bad GitS stuff, but its subjective lol. Id say a good starter is the 1995 movie or Stand alone complex first and second gig (2x 26 episodes.) Also all the stuff is more like different iteration, so aside from having similar theme, visual, characters, they arent a continuity.

The manga is harder to get into for most people, its a bit less about structured story and for most people its hard to read. Its an exercise in appreciation of imaginary tech, meeting the real world, philosophy and social commentary.

Theres also the Arise serie + its own movie. Some think of them as a bit weaker. Personally my only issue with them is that i wish it was in Stand alone complex universe, which its not, because its predating (in time) but breaks continuity, so again its just its own thing. Still a fun cyberpunk with nice ideas. Im also not a fan of the Major young look and voice. Being a cyborg, it doesent make sense to be in the military with a teenage girl body and voice to change later.

You should watch everything.

But as a huge fan i always see two path of introduction.

The 1995 movie: Visually impressive, mediocre main plot, amazing philosophical secondary plot, lots of hidden msgs. Very grim, no humor.

Stand alone complex: Solid show, no real terrible episodes, surprisingly most of the filler episodes are the better ones. Second season is even better than the first, with even better filler episodes. Personally Stand Alone Complex is my definitive GitS universe. Its much more light than the movie, humor is part of it. Theres still philosophical idea and smart plots. The main arc over a season can be confusing for some people at first. + a sequel movie: solid state society.

Be warned, people talk alot in GitS. There is less action spectacle than it appears.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-25 at 04:10 AM.

I met him once. Ramsay was the exact pompous asshole off camera as on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Plot twist... Sydänyö is actually Amy from Amy's Baking Company.

OT

A lot of professional chefs; in major restaurants mind you, behave somewhat like Gordon does. Never understood why, granted it's not everywhere either.
    Combination of pressure, perfectionism and passion make some chefs really high strung in work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    I dont think Chef can really be similar in subjectivity with Music artist for the most part. Bieber has a style, which is his. A chef can make different things. When i ate at Royal Hospital road. One of the entry was raviolini, there was Lamb, Pigeon, sorbet. That was just a fraction of the menu. Theres bound to be something for everyone on there. Hence good chefs are hardly subjectives. The quality of all there different meals can be and some of the meals can be, but thats why a chef doesent only cook one single thing.
    Well, we can't really compare Justin Bieber in the music field to chefs on the cooking field just because he makes a lot of money. If we're talking of non-pop/academic degree of art (which top chefs represent on their own field) avant-garde music makes a more fitting (albeit not perfect) parallel. Ironically enough, pretty much all the "popular" music we have today (be it actual pop, rock, metal, blues, literally anything you can think about) came to be by blending folk music (the "previous" pop music) with certain aspects of the avant-garde music belonging to the first half of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    An objectively good chef could likely cook something everyone would like.
    Well, not necessarily. When it comes to tastes subjectivety is king in basically every aspect of art or life. Let's say that it's indeed harder to find a person able to say "this food is shit" but hey, the world is big and you could very much find that person.

Ofcourse this has nothing to do with the objective judgement of the meal, which is the point discussed here.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-11-25 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    See I wouldn't go to his restaurant if he was the biggest asshole in the world, no matter how good it was. I don't give people a pass on shitty behavior just because they might do something else well. I remember the whole Chris Brown thing, people saying "yeah he beat his gf, but he makes good music so whatever". Can't get behind that.

I don't know if Gordon is a piece or just plays on on TV, I honestly haven't ever thought about it outside of this thread, but that's how I stand on things like that.

But that's just me.
    Ramsay's "asshole behavior" exists for two reasons: one, it works for the camera, and two (and this is the most important one), is because what he is doing is not unlike what a drill sergeant do in the military: they're putting as much pressure as possible to properly test the recruits in stressful situations. It doesn't matter if you can cook a beef wellington to perfection if you buckle and break when the slightest pressure falls on you.

But as for Gordon Ramsay's 'real self'? He seems to actually be a very nice guy. Like other people said, watch some Kitchen Nightmare or Hotel Hell episodes (the ones he helps families that are out of their depth but still trying, not the ones where he meets asshole owners), but more important: watch Masterchef Junior.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2016-11-25 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I met him once. Ramsay was the exact pompous asshole off camera as on.
    Explain.

I ask this, because I too have met him, and he was an absolute gentleman. He couldn't have been less like his television personality.

Perhaps you met him at a point where he was "in character"?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Explain.

I ask this, because I too have met him, and he was an absolute gentleman. He couldn't have been less like his television personality.

Perhaps you met him at a point where he was "in character"?
    Who knows. I went to culinary school, he gave a brief speech to my graduating class at one of our dinners. He was very stand-offish, terse and mostly was behind a barricade of handlers most of the night. Dude was kinda rude to anyone who approached him.

Can't remember what I said exactly but it was something like, "Thanks for coming, Mr. Ramsay." and he sorta shrugged and said something to the effect of "Okay."

I always enjoyed Kitchen Nightmares. Much better show than Hell's Kitchen, which was just another shitty reality TV show.

The US Kitchen Nightmares especially. Some of the places he went to were insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well, you're at the very root of the problem here; what does make a chef? Cooking these stamp-sized little "princess meals", that supposedly are "pretty" and all that, and according to someone taste good? I mean, it's art, is what it is. Right? And art is, what? Nothing. Right? Art is just a thing that someone decides to call it. There's some asshole somewhere saying oh boy this scrap of shit surely tastes good, and ooh, suddenly A CHEF HAS BEEN BORN.

What a load of BS.

Then you go into one of these so-called "michelin" restaurants, and eat one of these art installations, the size of a stamp, and if you don't like the way it tastes, suddenly you're the one who's faulty, because "michelin".

Open your eyes. There's no there there. These assholes can't cook any better than some random grandmother in some small town in Italy.

Also, starve yourself for 3-4 days, and you'll think anyone's cooking is divine. It's subjective. Jesus.
    Oh, it's just a 'murican expecting to eat half a cow at every meal. Carry on guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Epic Meal Time > This small, short, ugly, old, unintelligent little insignificant glorified cook called Gordon Ramsay has ever cooked up, is cooking up, or will ever cook up.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime/videos

But no, I like his little fingernail-sized "meals" with a fairy sprinkling of some "spice" nobody has ever heard of. GIVE HIM A FOURTH MICHELIN STAR!

Oh, yeah, I forgot, paying 200 bucks for 1 calorie cos the "chef" is an "artiste".
    Just checked them out. Holy shit that is disgusting.

I guess just cover everything in bacon and cheese. Garbage that looks good on camera because you associate cheese with 'tastes good'.

Epic Meal Time > This small, short, ugly, old, unintelligent little insignificant glorified cook called Gordon Ramsay has ever cooked up, is cooking up, or will ever cook up.

But no, I like his little fingernail-sized "meals" with a fairy sprinkling of some "spice" nobody has ever heard of. GIVE HIM A FOURTH MICHELIN STAR!

Oh, yeah, I forgot, paying 200 bucks for 1 calorie cos the "chef" is an "artiste".
    I'm not really a fan of EMT, personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted

This post is what I got infracted for, for "trolling", with no signature from the infractor (brave), but honestly, I'm seriously at a loss here about what is "trolling" about what I posted.

Yes, I fucking insulted the little shit that is Gordon Ramsay. I insulted him. So what? That's not "trolling". He's a piece of shit asshole who I'd bury behind my sauna if he came to Finland. How exactly is that "trolling"? Was I not being straight up enough about it? Was me despising him not being clear enough for it to be "trolling"?

Gordon Ramsay can suck my you know what because he's should not be alive right now. Is that considered "trolling"? I don't get it. Is there a rule on these forums where you're not allowed to state your opinion about celebrities? I didn't see that rule anywhere.

Honestly, if you're going to infract me for "dissing" your "favorite little reality star", then have the fucking balls to sign your name under the infraction. So fucking disappointed.

Also, thanks a fucking lot for once again making me wait for yet another fucking infraction, and this time for something that absolutely wasn't fucking deserved, because some little fucking asshole wanted to go a bit BoFH because I insulted their favorite little reality star. Thanks for that stress. Seriously. I just love it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-11-25 at 07:33 AM.

Four? He's got 16 Michelin stars. He's the most successful restaurateur on the planet. He came from nothing to where he is now. All on his own. I challenge you to do better?

And to think he almost ended up with just being a pro football player. I got nothing but respect and admiration for the guy.

Deleted
    Where's that gurl Nigella now? Not in rehab I hope...loved her voice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    Four? He's got 16 Michelin stars. He's the most successful restaurateur on the planet. He came from nothing to where he is now. All on his own. I challenge you to do better?

And to think he almost ended up with just being a pro football player. I got nothing but respect and admiration for the guy.
    Stop feeding the troll people..

Deleted
    Some people really need to take out the 'reality' part out of reality TV, because it's not. Sure he's the baddest motherfucker on TV yeah. I bet he shouts in one of his 32705372507 restaurants too, and it's what got him to the top. Demanding the best, from everybody.

Have you seen him in interviews or that home-cooking thing with his daughters? He's like the most calm dad ever, super gentle. In any normal talkshow he's very polite and a genuine laugh.

Also, if you think Michelin star restaurants just give you 1 calorie, and it's just 'art', then it's quite obvious you have never eaten in such restaurants. But do take in 4000 calories filled with cheese and fat and grease, if you'd like to call that food.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Also, if you think Michelin star restaurants just give you 1 calorie, and it's just 'art', then it's quite obvious you have never eaten in such restaurants. But do take in 4000 calories filled with cheese and fat and grease, if you'd like to call that food.
    The sad part is that Ramsay actually hate artsy food that sacrifice anything. So saying his restaurants are just artsy foods, is kinda weird lol. It is expansive, but its about the experience. Just like we are ready to spend money to watch a movie once in theater for more than the price of the DVD afterward or hell just streaming it on the internet. I go to such a place, to eat something that cooks way out of my league cooked. If i go to a random grill place, its much cheaper, but theres a 99.9% chance i can easily cook better than they did and with 90% less sodium.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-11-25 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [snip]

Thanks for that stress. Seriously. I just love it.
    You really ought to grow up and stop acting like a petulant child. Stop stressing about infractions on an online forum, stop hating people whom you've never met before, and stop hating people for their success and talent.

Stop getting mad that it's a trilby and not a fedora. Stop hating other people because you hate yourself.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-11-25 at 05:35 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Seems like a few people in this thread need to eat a snickers.

This post is what I got infracted for, for "trolling", with no signature from the infractor (brave), but honestly, I'm seriously at a loss here about what is "trolling" about what I posted.

Yes, I fucking insulted the little shit that is Gordon Ramsay. I insulted him. So what? That's not "trolling". He's a piece of shit asshole who I'd bury behind my sauna if he came to Finland. How exactly is that "trolling"? Was I not being straight up enough about it? Was me despising him not being clear enough for it to be "trolling"?

Gordon Ramsay can suck my you know what because he's should not be alive right now. Is that considered "trolling"? I don't get it. Is there a rule on these forums where you're not allowed to state your opinion about celebrities? I didn't see that rule anywhere.

Honestly, if you're going to infract me for "dissing" your "favorite little reality star", then have the fucking balls to sign your name under the infraction. So fucking disappointed.

Also, thanks a fucking lot for once again making me wait for yet another fucking infraction, and this time for something that absolutely wasn't fucking deserved, because some little fucking asshole wanted to go a bit BoFH because I insulted their favorite little reality star. Thanks for that stress. Seriously. I just love it.
    You have got to be the most miserable person I've ever encountered.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    I opted for the tasting menu at Maze when I went, but at the next restaurant of his I visit the Wellington will be mine.
    what did u end up getting from the tasting menu?