View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Exclamation Make LFR the only difficulty

We don't need anything else

I’ve shared my opinion that premade raiding is dying and that automatic matchmaking like LFR is the wave of the future. Up until now, I’ve had only my vague sense based on what I’ve seen in game. But now, I found some real numbers that I can analyze – the MMO Champion’s armory stats. Oh yes, some real numbers.

I have no idea how I could have missed this. To be honest, I would rather be playing the game, I guess (but not today) today I'm here so share what is most likely a big push forward when it comes to the general realization that we don't need more than LFR in order for WoW to be a successful, or even, a pioneer MMORPG in its era.

I found this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-423

I am well aware this is what could be considered old news because it's SoO. Well, the amazing thing here is that, nowadays it's even worse or better(depending on how you view things), obviously in favor to LFR

What does this show? First obvious conclusion is that LFR is a runaway success. The most sought out piece of content Blizzard has ever released, a genius move on their part and something they should be building on, not running away from. If they do, they effectively run away from subscribers, which happens to be something funny to picture.. Imagine Blizzard really running away from subscribers waving money bills. Hilarious.

Not only are non-raiders doing LFR, but most raiders also run LFR as well, either on their mains or on their alts. I mean, during any expansion before LFR, Blizzard would kill for a 25%~30% participation rate for raids. But LFR’s 70% participation rate clearly blows the new "flexible" raiding out of the water as a second stringer in terms of how successful its implementation is, and in fact LFR’s participation rate is often times higher than other raid difficulties COMBINED.

Another argument can be made on how different difficulties can, in fact, dissuade new players from continuing to play. They feel overwhelmed by how many difficulties they will have to go through before they can be considered "Raiders" and how the ilevel inflation is something only causing problems for WoW's lifespan (which is caused by 4 different difficulties each raid tier + RNG loot and other shenanigans called Legendaries)

This issue is further amplified by the fact that the other difficulties forces you to be social in order to participate in them, LFR does not, hence another argument in favor for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    go away and never comeback

Or just keep it as it is, as it caters to all the different players.

Nice attempt at troll though, I bet a ton of people will bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Or just keep it as it is, as it caters to all the different players.

Nice attempt at troll though, I bet a ton of people will bite.
    WOW it didn't take long.. let's keep the discussion going at an healthy rate please

What is the argument for removing the other difficulties? All you said is people get put off by having to go through all the difficulties. Do they quit? If so, how many? Is that group bigger then the people you will lose who raid higher then LFR? If not, why remove the other difficulties?

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    go away and never comeback
    I agree, LFR is enough

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What is the argument for removing the other difficulties? All you said is people get put off by having to go through all the difficulties. Do they quit? If so, how many? Is that group bigger then the people you will lose who raid higher then LFR? If not, why remove the other difficulties?
    It is pretty much implied that when we have a great system like LFR and the other difficulties induces strange behavior on people, keeping LFR and discarding the others will be a great idea

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    We don't need anything else

This issue is further amplified by the fact that the other difficulties forces you to be social in order to participate in them, LFR does not, hence another argument in favor for it.
    So you think it is a good idea for an MMO to incentivize non-social content? I think you should maybe check out RPGs that are madefor just you, a solo player. You think of being social in an MMO as a flaw, I think that is one of it's greatest draws over games where I have no need or incentive to interact with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Come on man, you have to be trolling here.
    I have shared all the facts i've gathered about that issue on my other thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t=archaic+tool

I agree, LFR is enough

- - - Updated - - -

It is pretty much implied that when we have a great system like LFR and the other difficulties induces strange behavior on people, keeping LFR and discarding the others will be a great idea
    Do you know how many people that raid higher then LFR only -also- raid LFR for extra loot and practice, but would quit when it's the only difficulty? I bet it's a bigger group then those who quit by being overwhelmed with more then one difficulty.

so just because LFR is a "success" we should do away with the other difficulties?

what about the people who like challenge? there is a pretty big playerbase there that you're discarding in that case

maybe you're baiting but I don't think what you're proposing will ever happen, or should happen for that sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    So you think it is a good idea for an MMO to incentivize non-social content? I think you should maybe check out RPGs that are madefor just you, a solo player. You think of being social in an MMO as a flaw, I think that is one of it's greatest draws over games where I have no need or incentive to interact with anyone else.
    It's a myth that an MMO has to be social by nature. We can have an MMO with heavy RPG elements that doesn't force players to interact with each other

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No. If i wanted to play frogger i would just buy frogger.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Let me guess, you wipe on normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    so just because LFR is a "success" we should do away with the other difficulties?

what about the people who like challenge? should those also just be disregarded because they're a smaller part of the playerbase?

maybe you're baiting but I don't think what you're proposing will ever happen, or should happen for that sake.
    Let's not forget the behavior the other difficulties incite on people. But really, explain me, why do I have to be forced to be social in order to be successful in game?

This is an important question that people can't answer. They instead invoke "MMO" as a magic answer. Which it isn't

That would be a good way to instantly kill the game.

Deleted
    Is that you, Jaylockshan?

I agree but you need to go further.

The login screen should be the LFR tool. Logging in places you in que, and once a raid is ready you enter the game. Leaving the raid logs you out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Let me guess, you wipe on normal?
    I've never set my foot there. But LFR isn't easy if that's what you are implying here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    I agree but you need to go further.

The login screen should be the LFR tool. Logging in places you in que, and once a raid is ready you enter the game. Leaving the raid logs you out of the game.
    Keep it constructive. This is a very real problem that plagues WoW atm, now something to dismiss as a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    That would be a good way to instantly kill the game.
    How so?

Do you realize that LFR-like tools are the most sought out content blizzard has ever released?

Deleted
    I've never set my foot there. But LFR isn't easy if that's what you are implying here.
    haHAA btw am 12

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post really just argues why LFR shouldn't be removed. As for your point about additional difficulties dissuading people from continuing, it's pretty much bullshit.

Having higher difficulties of raiding can actually make people play longer for two reasons. Either they raid the higher difficulties so it takes them longer to get through the content and thus stay subbed longer or they don't raid the higher difficulties but their existence encourages them to keep playing in the hopes of conquering those difficulties one day.

Removing the other difficulties wouldn't make more players join the game and it would certainly make many players quit soon after new content drops because they've downed the content in 2 weeks.