View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's a myth that an MMO has to be social by nature. We can have an MMO with heavy RPG elements that doesn't force players to interact with each other
    I agree with that, but there are many aspects of WoW that do not "force" you to interact with other players. You can "complete" 99% of the game without communicating with other players such as: World Quests, Dungeons (exception may be high m+), pet battles, most achievments, transmog runs etc. I suspect you either are not good enough or do not have the time to raid at mythic level which is the only difficulty that you really need communication in. So instead you think it would be a good idea to limited every single player to the same restrictions you have to play with.

The game offers pretty much every single player something meaningful to do currently with its numerous difficulties. I think that is something positive. Also if you don't like it try playing a game like Neverwinter you can just buy the best everything without putting in effort.

I'v never seen a troll work so hard on trolling.
    The other thread you created about removing guilds and this one are masterful pieces of trolling, bravo sir, bravo.

In case it isnt trolling, which i doubt, like everyone else has said, maybe an mmo just isnt for you. You should play an Solo RPG like skyrim or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not forget the behavior the other difficulties incite on people. But really, explain me, why do I have to be forced to be social in order to be successful in game?

This is an important question that people can't answer. They instead invoke "MMO" as a magic answer. Which it isn't
    I'll answer it for you. It's quite simple. When players are forced into social situations they'll make friends. When they have friends to play with, they'll play longer. It increases the longevity of the game.

Some people don't want to be social, and that's fine. That's what LFR and LFD are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Your post really just argues why LFR shouldn't be removed. As for your point about additional difficulties dissuading people from continuing, it's pretty much bullshit.

Having higher difficulties of raiding can actually make people play longer for two reasons. Either they raid the higher difficulties so it takes them longer to get through the content and thus stay subbed longer or they don't raid the higher difficulties but their existence encourages them to keep playing in the hopes of conquering those difficulties one day.

Removing the other difficulties wouldn't make more players join the game and it would certainly make many players quit soon after new content drops because they've downed the content in 2 weeks.
    Progression used to be about different raids with different difficulties, not about 4 different difficulties of the same boss. Do you realize how terribly boring that is?

More people drive Honda Civics than they do Dodge Viper ACRs, so the Civic has to be the best car, right?

Nevermind anything else, what is popular is best right? AIDs must be great, based on its popularity in sub-Saharan Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    I'v never seen a troll work so hard on trolling.
    The other thread you created about removing guilds and this one are masterful pieces of trolling, bravo sir, bravo.

In case it isnt trolling, which i doubt, like everyone else has said, maybe an mmo just isnt for you. You should play an Solo RPG like skyrim or something.

Imagine being the kind of person that makes threads just to troll people. Imagine.

I think while we're at it why don't we do away with raiding/dungeons entirely and just have quests, then Blizzard can release expansion packs more often and we can continue to progress our characters through levelling constantly.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't need anything else

I’ve shared my opinion
    Your opinion is bad, and u should feel bad.
    Reported for troll/blamebait thread, this shit has to stop.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Ok I'll bite.

%Participation is a pretty flawed metric, here's why:

LFR is designed for you to beat it the first time you see it, regardless of how geared you are. So of course it has high participation, it takes no effort to complete. If they created a quest where you had to kill one mob to get a best in slot trinket, it would have extremely high participation, but that doesn't mean it's successful design and that they should start designing other quests that way. A lot of people running LFR are doing it once just for the hell of it. Raiders are re-running the raid every week for months at a time, gradually progressing. Raiding has a much longer lifespan and keeps people interested and subscribed.

And when you point out that raiders are running LFR - in SOO, the legendary quest made running LFR basically mandatory any time you leveled an alt, and pretty much every raider was leveling an alt at that time. We didn't really want to do it but the game forced us in there.

TL,DR: Looking at participation as a proxy for how successful a particular type of content is a very flawed analysis without understanding the context.
    How can participation be a flawed metric? It actually shows that not only do "non-raiders" actively do LFR but raiders do it as well. It only proves that its an universal kind of content that hooks everyone

Or .. remove LFR entirely, so people have to do Normal like the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Progression used to be about different raids with different difficulties, not about 4 different difficulties of the same boss. Do you realize how terribly boring that is?
    So? Don't do the higher difficulties. I don't see why people constantly try to take content from others unlike them just so they can feel better about themselves. If you only want to do LFR, then more power to you. Don't see why you need to remove organized raiding from the picture to enjoy LFR though.

Or you know, just don't be a retard and play what you like, and let others play what they like, don't remove stuff, only add to it.
    Same rule applies for ppl who do mythic and want LFR gone. I am actually a mythic raider who doesn't do raid finder cause I don't feel obligated to. Doesn't mean I want it gone, I would be upset though if Mythic was removed cause its what I like to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I think while we're at it why don't we do away with raiding/dungeons entirely and just have quests, then Blizzard can release expansion packs more often and we can continue to progress our characters through levelling constantly.
    Your idea isn't 100% garbage if I say so myself.

There should be a focus on questing that doesn't exist anymore.

Another tikcol thread... you forgot the word "archaic" in the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea isn't 100% garbage if I say so myself.

There should be a focus on questing that doesn't exist anymore.
    Ever heard of SWTOR? Great game as a single player MMO. Problem is that people all unsub after they do the new quest content. That wouldn't be to Blizzard's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Or you know, just don't be a retard and play what you like, and let others play what they like, don't remove stuff, only add to it.
    Same rule applies for ppl who do mythic and want LFR gone. I am actually a mythic raider who doesn't do raid finder cause I don't feel obligated to. Doesn't mean I want it gone, I would be upset though if Mythic was removed cause its what I like to do.
    My opinion, firstly, is that you don't know what you're missing. And I'm quite sure you would feel accustomed to LFR quite quickly. It is not that different.

99% of the reason for its popularity is its ease of access, the fact it is the path of least resistance. Yes it is popular. But the fault in your point comes from assuming popular = good, or good for the game.

If you made a new solo raid mode that was fairly easy and awarded great loot, it would undoubtedly be the most popular raid mode. But would be terrible for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Ever heard of SWTOR? Great game as a single player MMO. Problem is that people all unsub after they do the new quest content. That wouldn't be to Blizzard's benefit.
    Let's not take a sub-par game as a whole as an example. Let's instead, take the best of that game and build on it

People were not running SoO LFR because it was fun, engaging or had a riveting plot. They were running LFR SoO because it was their best source of gear and had no barriers to entry, by virtue of requiring virtually no meaningful input. That two-part combination will offer a guarantee that players will participate in virtually ANY kind of content - it's not exactly special, and that doesn't actually mean that LFR is great.

It's painfully easy to design a piece of content with a high participation rate on those grounds. The hard part is making it good, and that's what it needs to be to contribute to the game's popularity in the first place. LFR has a good place as a low point on the gearing curve and a one-off for delivering story and assets, but it's never really been good at much else.

I've never set my foot there. But LFR isn't easy if that's what you are implying here.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not just easy it's so simple a group of toddlers can do it. The lfr is a great tool, but believe it or not some of us gamers prefer a challenge. We put our games on the maximum difficulty in order to better ourselves as gamers and to challenge ourselves. I could solo LFR, it's wipe proof. LFR is a level beyond easy. I suspect you're a troll though

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion, firstly, is that you don't know what you're missing. And I'm quite sure you would feel accustomed to LFR quite quickly. It is not that different.
    It is worlds different. How would you even know? You said you've never even set foot in Normal. Definite troll here. Moving on.