View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are there any popcorn vendors around? I'm afraid to go to the store to buy any due to crazy Black Friday traffic and crowds.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If they removed other difficulties, I wouldn't mind.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Yo @tikcol, please address my question, don't cherry pick! If you remove everything except LFR, then LFR will become the highest difficulty, thus elitist! How do you plan to combat the inevitable rampant elitism of LFR?
    Great question

We should put systems in place to make it easier to kick people with such behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seem highly baiting...

Rather not agree on this at all. It is already a bad warfare between people of each difficulty. Rather keep them apart for something to reach with a little challenge added. That is why LFR unlocks later.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    You aren't forced to breathe, nor am I. We do it nonetheless right? Because we want something
    Actually breathing is an automatic body reaction. A constant reflex.
    So it literally has nothing to do with your wanting anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    What's fun about a game that is not challenging?
    Some games are not meant to be challenging.

Sorry, I mistook you for the other bro.

High participation isn't the only metric here and my argument isn't shallow to the point where I think LFR should be the only difficulty because it's the most successful one
    How do you measure success?
    Because I wouldn't regard LFR no where close to successful due to removing the social aspect out of the game. I would agree that normal and heroic might be one too many, but to cut all higher difficulties out -- that's a no go.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Great question

We should put systems in place to make it easier to kick people with such behavior.
    Easier to kick?!... Or harder to kick?!

Think again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Raiding at an incompetency level...? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    Actually breathing is an automatic body reaction. A constant reflex.
    So it literally has nothing to do with your wanting anything...
    Fair enogh

Let's forget that quarrel and instead focus on why isn't LFR the only difficulty needed

Is WoW some game?

But why take that challenge from those who seek it, in a game that has had that challenge since it's birth?

Why remove anything, more options is always better, to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Raiding at an incompetency level...? No thanks.
    That's just rude.

Once again, why is LFR considered a place where incopetent players gather? I have a lot of fun there every single day and I never found the other players around me to be inferior in any way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Is WoW some game?
    It is indeed one of those games that are meant to be not challenging

That's just rude.
    Once again, why is LFR considered a place where incopetent players gather? I have a lot of fun there every single day and I never found the other players around me to be inferior in any way
    Because LFR can be cleared by 50% of the players AFK'ing or licking their screen.

Says who?

Deleted
    Got to admire trolls these days. They come with numbers and statistics. In my day you just wrote horde > alliance or alliance > horde, grabbed some popcorn and watched how all the forum warriors went to war.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    But why take that challenge from those who seek it, in a game that has had that challenge since it's birth?

Why remove anything, more options is always better, to a point.
    ilevel inflation for one thing.

4 difficulties? pls. Of the same raid? Same boss 4 times? over and over?

Remember TBC where you had real progression. At the end of TBC there were still karazhan progression guilds believe it or not.

I get that this is not a serious poll, but they should redirect most of the effort that goes into raids now (it looks like they are spending like a third of their resources there) to other areas which people actually play.

Have you ever tried socializing OP? If no, you should try it out. It's the best feature in a MMO. Meeting other like-minded people and overcoming challenges just feels so great! I'd be falling asleep, if I did lfr and I'd still get gear, which is pathetic. The game was much more healthy in the ICC times, where you had trade chat spammed by pugs LFM. Guess you joined during SoO.
    BTW: according to wowprogress, the minimum amount of people raiding (in guilds) is at least 500.000 (counting all normal/heroic groups to have only 10 players and mythic guilds to have only 20, which is unrealistic). According to the last sub numbers revealed, that's 10%, more likely 18% or more (as most groups just don't have 10 players only).
    Also, your chart is flawed. It counts characters instead of individual players, which will drop lfr participation by at least 50%. Oh and you should provide us with data of actual players clearing lfr on a regular basis (every week) instead of characters having it completed once in a lifetime. This again Wil drop your participation rate further down. Most likely to what normal/heroic/mythic participation is, maybe like 5% higher.

Let me guess, because YOU can't overcome said challenges...?
    You have your "raid" content. WoW has always had organized raiding and always will. Play a different game if it hurts your ego to see others progress more than yourself.

Deleted
    W-w-wait, that's... t-that's bait, right? Right?
    *looks at the name of the OP*
    *sees it's not Jaylock*
    H-he can't be serious right? Or can he?