View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I kinda agree with the OP. Personally I think organized raiding is an obsolete and dying model. People still do it sure, but only out of necessity/habit.

With that said, LFR is just too easy. I think FF14 does it best. You have two difficulties, Normal and Savage. Normal is puggable and isn't overly difficult but does require people to actually have to play reasonably well. Savage is probably closer to Heroic/Mythic(never done it myself so can't say exactly how hard).

WoW should adopt the same model. Normal and Heroic. Make Normal somewhere between where Normal and Heroic is now and make Heroic somewhere between current Heroic and Mythic. And keep them on the same raid ID so the "Heroic" raiders don't feel obligated to have to do both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    I agree but you need to go further.

The login screen should be the LFR tool. Logging in places you in que, and once a raid is ready you enter the game. Leaving the raid logs you out of the game.
    I would like this! Not in WoW, but a game with dungeon/raid content like wow and a login system like LoL.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    why isn't LFR the only difficulty needed
    Because you either lose all elitist customers or create an activity for them to keep them paying you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    BTW: according to wowprogress, the minimum amount of people raiding (in guilds) is at least 500.000 (counting all normal/heroic groups to have only 10 players and mythic guilds to have only 20, which is unrealistic). According to the last sub numbers revealed, that's 10%, more likely 18% or more.
    Divide by 2-4 to account for raiding alts (which are counted separately) and people switching guilds (same) and you'll be closer to the truth.

But the ultimate kicker is - remove gear from raids and 90% of even that miniscule number will stop raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No. If i wanted to play frogger i would just buy frogger.
    frogger actually required skills man :X
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

LOL? LFR in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Because you either lose all elitist customers or create an activity for them to keep them paying you.
    Those elitist players can leave.

Them leaving will at least bring 2x more players that left

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I kinda agree with the OP. Personally I think organized raiding is an obsolete and dying model. People still do it sure, but only out of necessity/habit.
    Amazing how you can speak for everyone playing the game...

Deleted
    You aren't forced to breathe, nor am I. We do it nonetheless right? Because we want something
    same reason most do lfr, not because its fun gameplay, but because it has a big enough carrot to lure us in.

Hell no. That makes 0 sense.

Those elitist players can leave.
    Them leaving will at least bring 2x more players that left
    What does elitist leaving the game have anything to do with casuals leaving the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Braktixx View Post
    W-w-wait, that's... t-that's bait, right? Right?
    *looks at the name of the OP*
    *sees it's not Jaylock*
    H-he can't be serious right? Or can he?
    I am quite serious. An unpopular opinion being regarded as trolling is very common. But we should realize that different opinions exist and should be respected

Shouldn't we measure the success or failure of any raiding difficulty by more than just "How many players completed the difficult level at least one time" ? Raids are, by design, meant to be repeat performances. I would be curious to know how many of those LFR statistics are made up of one-and-done players, or "did it a few times and moved exclusively to Normal or better."

Without those statistics I think the argument that LFR ought to be the only difficult level is based on only have the picture.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Make Normal somewhere between where Normal and Heroic is now and make Heroic somewhere between current Heroic and Mythic
    While I rather agree with your general sentiment, I believe that there should be an entry-level difficulty, LFR and EN Normal fill that niche. If you remove it, there will be a gap between "no raids" and "hard raids".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    What does elitist leaving the game have anything to do with casuals leaving the game?
    The game cattering to elitist players keeps new players from enjoying their game or even joining. And believe it or not, there's more casual players than elitist ones

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Amazing how you can speak for everyone playing the game...
    He said "personally" that means that it was his opinion and not everyone's.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The game cattering to elitist players keeps new players from enjoying their game or even joining. And believe it or not, there's more casual players than elitist ones
    And believe it or not, there's more content for casuals than ever before.

I have nothing of that, I've just told everyone I don't even put a single foot inside Normal
    And yet, despite having admitted to having zero knowledge of how the raids work at higher difficulty settings, you still believe yourself to be knowledgeable enough to claim that Mythic raiding "can't be that hard".

Quote Originally Posted by isuridedes View Post
    Shouldn't we measure the success or failure of any raiding difficulty by more than just "How many players completed the difficult level at least one time" ?
    The number of people who participate is the ultimate measure. You can involve other things (and feel free to do so) too, sure, but the number of people who participate - or want to participate - is the end all and be all, yes. That number is very small for raids, so the OP has a point, although the thread title is too trollish.

Catering to elitist players? by making raids you mean?
    What about all the fluff gameplay like pet battles?
    Or is that too hard/time consuming as well.