View Poll Results: Should LFR be the only difficulty?

Voters
418. This poll is closed
  • Yes

70 16.75%
  • No

348 83.25%
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What about the fact that LFR doesn't force you to be social?
    Why not make WoW some kind of picture book, where you click on "next" and things die? Might aswell remove difficulty all-together unless you find clicking a single button too difficult.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart

Their fans?
    Are we serious here right now?

What is this? A cult or something? You overestimate the amount of people that have an idol like that....
    Pretty much serious. You can find a "Mythic progression" thread for every raid tier on these forums. People who have no chance to clear those raids still discuss who will win. Also, people who somewhat care how well they play, go read guides on the internet. The elitists write those guides. If all elitists leave, the "mouthbreathers" won't write any guides. Average people will leave because no streams of kills and no guides how to play. Only those who don't care will remain. And since they don't care, they won't remain for too long, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    That's how even blizzard looked at it at first.

"the numbers" of participants looked to be great.

Then the numbers of quitters stayed great as well.

Don't remove the carrots, don't remove what the game once was: a tool where people talked and made friends. In turn, they stayed subbed. LFR equals no such thing. Its only purpose is for later-in-life veterans who have absolutely no time to play and for really bad players (a clear minority, but a vocal one) that won't get accepted into regular difficulty groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    This seem highly baiting...

Rather not agree on this at all. It is already a bad warfare between people of each difficulty. Rather keep them apart for something to reach with a little challenge added. That is why LFR unlocks later.
    I actually theorize that LFR only opens later so that people actually start doing the other difficulties.

If it didn't open later, people wouldn't want anything besides LFR

What about the fact that LFR doesn't force you to be social? Since all the other do, and LFR is in fact, the most successful form of raiding, we should probably get rid of the others
    Does to an extent. If there's an actual boss that's difficult and requires "some" coordination, people who want to down it will actually communicate.

More-so, I've freely communicated in it when I've que'd for it purely for the "Get Bag of Goodies/AP from Tank Que" that I need no loot and if I get anything it's free to anyone who needs it.

Choosing to communicate in "Group Finder" content is a choice, but communication is a key to success if you're facing something legitimately difficult that requires coordination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    ...And to remove certain part of the playerbase, which includes friends and family of those who only do LFR. You don't see a problem in virtual-genociding the playerbase, considering your plan clearly involves removing "unwanted" players?
    This is one of those choices, great changes that bring forth great benefit

I actually theorize that LFR only opens later so that people actually start doing the other difficulties.
    LFR currently is still being carried by people that know what they are doing.
    Without these players, LFR would most likely be too difficult for 95% of the players.
    Like I said, I think we should make WoW into a picture-book game.

Okay yeah no you're completely wrong on this.

The reason it opens later is because if it were open the week of every raid difficulty opening, everyone and their mother who raids on Heroic/Mythic would run it for a chance at gear. It's not specifically so that they can bait people into playing other difficulties.

They also did this design wise to lessen the stigma that "LFR is required" for people who play on higher difficulties.

I run it for fun or for my Bag of Goodies/AP on a required Tank que. My iLevel severely outclasses anything I can get from LFR outside of a Legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

What about the fact that LFR doesn't force you to be social? Since all the other do, and LFR is in fact, the most successful form of raiding, we should probably get rid of the others
    Yup. Participation is the best measure of success. This is why McDonald's is the best form of restaurant, and we should get rid of all others. It's why Justin Beiber and similar pop stars are the best forms of entertainers, and thus we should get rid of all others.

Alternatively, there are other measures of success, and LFR's higher participation does not mean it's inherently superior, only easier to access.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    That's how even blizzard looked at it at first.

"the numbers" of participants looked to be great.

Then the numbers of quitters stayed great as well.

Don't remove the carrots, don't remove what the game once was: a tool where people talked and made friends. In turn, they stayed subbed. LFR equals no such thing. Its only purpose is for later-in-life veterans who have absolutely no time to play and for really bad players (a clear minority, but a vocal one) that won't get accepted into regular difficulty groups.
    The irony here is that people started leaving when you were forced to do a lot more

The irony here is that people started leaving when you were forced to do a lot more
    Casuals are forced to raid normal?
    Can you reply to my picturebook comment please.

My realm (Ravencrest EU) has over 200 Mythic raiding guilds having killed at least one Mythic boss in EN. We used to be one of the pioneer realms in WotLK when it came to 25 man raiding having 15-20 active 25man guilds. Look at this now, 150 (at least, to account for guilds having gone inactive) 20man raiding guilds. So yeah... Keep trollin'!

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Yup. Participation is the best measure of success. This is why McDonald's is the best form of restaurant, and we should get rid of all others. It's why Justin Beiber and similar pop stars are the best forms of entertainers, and thus we should get rid of all others.
    If you want sales, yes, you have to do McDonald's.

Alternatively, there are other measures of success, and LFR's higher participation does not mean it's inherently superior, only easier to access.
    Out of interest, what are these measures?
    Last edited by rda; 2016-11-25 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

I don't think anyone in the thread could say it better, love it!

Mhm, let's remove LFR as well? It doesn't add anything the same way that normal/heroic/mythic does so why keep it in when the other's are out?
    Remove combat as well.

Deleted
    We don't need anything else

I’ve shared my opinion that premade raiding is dying and that automatic matchmaking like LFR is the wave of the future. Up until now, I’ve had only my vague sense based on what I’ve seen in game. But now, I found some real numbers that I can analyze – the MMO Champion’s armory stats. Oh yes, some real numbers.

I have no idea how I could have missed this. To be honest, I would rather be playing the game, I guess (but not today) today I'm here so share what is most likely a big push forward when it comes to the general realization that we don't need more than LFR in order for WoW to be a successful, or even, a pioneer MMORPG in its era.

I found this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-423

I am well aware this is what could be considered old news because it's SoO. Well, the amazing thing here is that, nowadays it's even worse or better(depending on how you view things), obviously in favor to LFR

What does this show? First obvious conclusion is that LFR is a runaway success. The most sought out piece of content Blizzard has ever released, a genius move on their part and something they should be building on, not running away from. If they do, they effectively run away from subscribers, which happens to be something funny to picture.. Imagine Blizzard really running away from subscribers waving money bills. Hilarious.

Not only are non-raiders doing LFR, but most raiders also run LFR as well, either on their mains or on their alts. I mean, during any expansion before LFR, Blizzard would kill for a 25%~30% participation rate for raids. But LFR’s 70% participation rate clearly blows the new "flexible" raiding out of the water as a second stringer in terms of how successful its implementation is, and in fact LFR’s participation rate is often times higher than other raid difficulties COMBINED.

Another argument can be made on how different difficulties can, in fact, dissuade new players from continuing to play. They feel overwhelmed by how many difficulties they will have to go through before they can be considered "Raiders" and how the ilevel inflation is something only causing problems for WoW's lifespan (which is caused by 4 different difficulties each raid tier + RNG loot and other shenanigans called Legendaries)

This issue is further amplified by the fact that the other difficulties forces you to be social in order to participate in them, LFR does not, hence another argument in favor for it.
    You are either an epic troll or an epic daft pleb ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Mhm, let's remove LFR as well? It doesn't add anything the same way that normal/heroic/mythic does so why keep it in when the other's are out?
    Remove combat as well.
    LFR doesn't add?

Please. Half the playerbase only raids because of it

15+ Year Old Account
    This is some seriously next-level shitposting
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you want sales, yes, you have to do McDonald's.
    You missed the point entirely.

McDonald's is successful, nobody who is intelligent would contest that.

The existence of McDonald's does not mean there should not be other restaurants. Sure, they might not sell as much, but they are often of far superior quality. McDonald's success is owed to a lot of factors, not least of which are its low price and its speed... in other words, it's easily accessed. Just like LFR is.

Or to phrase this all a different way... are you seriously saying that because I can go to McDonald's, I should never be able to go anywhere else? Because that's basically what you're arguing here.

LFR doesn't add?
    Please. Half the playerbase only raids because of it
    But a higher percentage of the playerbase does other things that does not involve LFR, so it should be removed.
    Remove gear and combat to make everything accessable to everyone.
    Please don't troll, just because my opinion is different doesn't mean it's wrong.

LFR is super elitist compared to leveling up man, get off your high horse you cheeky cunt