Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    thats the thing. Are you ever going to get reliable info. from liberal media? Has not clinton collusion taught you anything? we can gain insight from welfare use
    Well, step one to getting reliable info is not to declare all information that contradicts you to be the untrustworthy liberal media. That's how you reinforce existing beliefs, not learn new things. If you have data that shows undocumented immigration is higher than it was a few years ago, present it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Problem doesn't exist; official statistics say. Head. In. Sand.

That's fine, I'm guessing you don't do a lot of travelling in Germany. Be happy in your bubble. There's only rapefugees there if you want them there.
    Those weren't official statistics. That was a list of anecdotes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't understand the difference between statistics and anecdotes.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Those weren't official statistics. That was a list of anecdotes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't understand the difference between statistics and anecdotes.
    I guess you don't understand that the statistics are bullshit and "official sources say" doesn't mean gospel is incoming.

I'll link this for you to ignore again.

"There are strict instructions from the top not to report offenses committed by refugees. It is extraordinary that certain offenders are deliberately NOT being reported about and the information is being classified as confidential." -- High-ranking police official in Frankfurt, quoted in Bild.

Well, step one to getting reliable info is not to declare all information that contradicts you to be the untrustworthy liberal media. That's how you reinforce existing beliefs, not learn new things. If you have data that shows undocumented immigration is higher than it was a few years ago, present it.

- - - Updated - - -

well here the thing. Its impossible to get official stats. Since, Germany is classifying that information. Deliberately hiding it. As in State Action. Rape went up SIGNIFANTLY since when the refugee crisis began? You can draw the conclusion. We have official stat on that before gov't started meddling in.

I guess you don't understand that the statistics are bullshit and "official sources say" doesn't mean gospel is incoming.

I'll link this for you to ignore again.
    I didn't ask you for an official statistic. I asked you for any statistic. A list of anecdotes is not a statistic. Surely if there is a crisis, someone has bothered to write up a detailed analysis of the numbers. If not, I'm not going to believe something just because you are gullible enough to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    well here the thing. Its impossible to get official stats. Since, Germany is classifying that information. Deliberately hiding it. As in State Action. Rape went up SIGNIFANTLY since when the refugee crisis began? You can draw the conclusion. We have official stat on that before gov't started meddling in.
    Great. When someone bothers to write up a comprehensive examination of the numbers, I'll be happy to look at it. Until then, you are welcome to believe things just because they fit your narrative.
    -ynnady

Great. When someone bothers to write up a comprehensive examination of the numbers, I'll be happy to look at it. Until then, you are welcome to believe things just because they fit your narrative.
    How quickly the feminism gets thrown out the window for being politically correct about muslim rapists.

You just said that if I don't follow your rules you will use violence against me.

Then it isn't private property. It's just might equals right. Everything is effectively owned by the guy with the biggest gun.

You keep telling me you will use violence against me if I violate YOUR rules. That's not different. That's the exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they were. You can keep repeating they were wrong, but they were quite accurate.
    I said if you try to harm me, I will use violence against you.

I have no desire to force a government onto you, and I'm more than willing to be the use of force, instead of having the government do it for me.

State-level polls were wrong in Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. Almost every poll in those states had Hillary winning by significantly more than the actual results.

I'm not your research assistant. If you can't back up claims, don't make them.
    Please check whom you quote, as I didnt make the claim. I was just so polite to point out that the labor you demand me or others to do for you, who has such an intense longing for the truth but cant be arsed to move a finger, was already done by several other people in the big thread next door.
    You find crime statistics there and expert opinions from economists, lawmen, lawyers and judges, criminologists, sociologists, historians and politicians, many opinion pieces from journalists all over europe, as well as reports and interviews with/from people who directly work with the groups we are talking about.

You have been served a vast pool knowledge and documentation on a silver platter, you just dont like the taste of it because you are a spoiled child.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Freedom does not mean you are free from following laws.
    And any law which restricts an action that does not cause harm is a reduction in freedom. The existence of a law is never a justification for it.

How quickly the feminism gets thrown out the window for being politically correct about muslim rapists.
    I speak Arabic and run a consulting firm that works with businesses trying to work in the Middle East and North Africa. I'm more familiar with the social issues on those places than you will ever be. That part of the world is rife with sexism and racism. However, I don't believe things just because they conveniently fit narratives I like. I believe evidence.
    -ynnady

I speak Arabic and run a consulting firm that works with businesses trying to work in the Middle East and North Africa. I'm more familiar with the social issues on those places than you will ever be. That part of the world is rife with sexism and racism. However, I don't believe things just because they conveniently fit narratives I like. I believe evidence.
    You are most cordially invited to celebrate the new years eve 15/16 in cologne on the big plaza between the central station and cologne cathedral with your esteemed business partners then. I hear you will be in jolly good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    You are most cordially invited to celebrate the new years eve 15/16 in cologne on the big plaza between the central station and cologne cathedral with your esteemed business partners then. I hear you will be in jolly good company.
    Make sure to bring the wife, she'll love it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Most didn't vote for him. Not even most of the half who bothered to vote.
    The true silent majority.

However, I don't believe things just because they conveniently fit narratives I like. I believe evidence.
    This is a good policy, but it's worth noting that Bayesian inference is a good approach as well; if there's a good reason to expect something, then relatively weak evidence against it can only adjust expectations so much. The data on things like Muslim immigrant rape rates is pretty spotty for obvious reasons - if someone's starting point is that misogynistic cultures encourage higher than normal amounts of rape, a lack of hard data supporting it shouldn't be expected to change that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is a good policy, but it's worth noting that Bayesian inference is a good approach as well; if there's a good reason to expect something, then relatively weak evidence against it can only adjust expectations so much. The data on things like Muslim immigrant rape rates is pretty spotty for obvious reasons - if someone's starting point is that misogynistic cultures encourage higher than normal amounts of rape, a lack of hard data supporting it shouldn't be expected to change that much.
    The assertion being made isn't that refugees are more likely to have mysoginistic views. If that was the claim, I'd agree with you 100%. However, the claim being made is that there is a RAPE CRISIS as a result of them.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    xen·o·pho·bi·a
    ˌzenəˈfōbēə,ˌzēnəˈfōbēə/
    noun
    intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.
    Exactly. I don't care if we have immigrants coming in, just do it the right way like my great great grandparents did.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I said if you try to harm me, I will use violence against you.

I have no desire to force a government onto you, and I'm more than willing to be the use of force, instead of having the government do it for me.

State-level polls were wrong in Florida, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Minnesota. Almost every poll in those states had Hillary winning by significantly more than the actual results.
    1. So your argument is that it's alright for you to force me to live by your rules, as long as you enact it instead of organizing a government to enact it. Not really a compelling argument. I seriously doubt you would see a difference between me killing your family and seizing your land myself, and me hiring a military to do it and calling myself mayor.

2. The polls weren't wrong. The polls said that Hillary was ahead, but also that there are huge numbers of undecided voters. Those undecided voters swung to Trump when election day came. That isn't the polls being wrong. Idiots who interpreted that as an unassailable lead were wrong, but the polls didn't assert that. Pundits asserted that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Exactly. I don't care if we have immigrants coming in, just do it the right way like my great great grandparents did.
    Then lets return the immigration system to the speed, simplicity, and cheapness that it was when they came over.
    -ynnady

The assertion being made isn't that refugees are more likely to have mysoginistic views. If that was the claim, I'd agree with you 100%. However, the claim being made is that there is a RAPE CRISIS as a result of them.
    Yeah, rape crisis seems pretty sensationalist. My impression from afar and general expectation would be that young men from the Middle East are above median European rape rates, but I'd also expect that the majority of the victims are Muslim women.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It's a shame that you approve of the exploitation of the illegals, seems to me that the compassionate thing to do would be to help them come legally so they dont have to be exploited or live in fear.
    Its a shame you have not read any of my other threads, where I rant about businesses exploiting illegals and are never punished.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The polls weren't wrong. The polls said that Hillary was ahead, but also that there are huge numbers of undecided voters. Those undecided voters swung to Trump when election day came. That isn't the polls being wrong. Idiots who interpreted that as an unassailable lead were wrong, but the polls didn't assert that. Pundits asserted that.
    I also have to wonder if the people shitting on pollsters and polling analysis think Vegas is totally retarded every time a team that was a 3.5 point underdog winds up winning. Ha, fucking stupid oddsmakers, they didn't even know in advance who would win!

Yeah, rape crisis seems pretty sensationalist. My impression from afar and general expectation would be that young men from the Middle East are above median European rape rates, but I'd also expect that the majority of the victims are Muslim women.
    Exactly. When people start calling it a CRISIS and insisting that it is sweeping the nation and destroying everything, it requires more than the evidence being provided, a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have to wonder if the people shitting on pollsters and polling analysis think Vegas is totally retarded every time a team that was a 3.5 point underdog winds up winning. Ha, fucking stupid oddsmakers, they didn't even know in advance who would win!
    The irony is that these people see "Clinton 48, Trump 42, Undecided 10" and then because of their own ignorance they think that means "CLINTON ABSOLUTELY WILL WIN", then blame the pollsters for their own ignorance.
    -ynnady