Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Not really. Fixed the date though. Dunno why I had 2008 in my head. Core point remains.

Romney won Popular Vote that year. What, can't respect the Electoral College except when it's helping Liberals? =)
    Your core point is wrong. Romney lost the popular vote by just shy of 5 million votes.

Barack Obama - 332 electoral votes, 65,915,795 total votes
    Mitt Romney - 206 electoral votes, 60,933,504 total votes

You are entitled to your own opinions, but your opinions are not facts.

It's definitely sore loser Clinton supporters who are funding her. If anything they should do recounts in so-called "sanctuary cities" to make sure that illegals didn't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    It's definitely sore loser Clinton supporters who are funding her. If anything they should do recounts in so-called "sanctuary cities" to make sure that illegals didn't vote.
    So you want the right to waste their money to recount in a way that has 0 chance of changing anything, instead of the left wasting their money to recount in a way that has 0 chance of changing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I think you're giving Trump to much credit, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more like President Pence for 4 years. They'll just spin all their plans as ways to accomplish what he wants.
    At least Pence won't start Twitter wars with former Miss USA winners who hurt his feelings. Sad how low my hopes and expectations are for this administration at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    I still have a feeling the Republicans are going to be the ones who do him in. They will use him up until hes a political liability and then bring out the long knives on him. Naturally when he enters office there will be a honeymoon period as they dismantle the Obama legacy. The first /popcorn moment though will come when the debt ceiling debate comes up in March watch all the factions in the Republican party pull out the knives and stab each others political capital to death but that is a topic for another day.
    Yeah I think you're right. I don't think it will happen quite that quickly, but I think if/when things go south he'll be the scapegoat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I want, really want to believe that this is not his real Twitter account: hard to imagine that an adult can write such things seriously. But then, he's never denied it being his account, so, I guess, the reality is what it looks like.
    Don't read through his posts too much, it will make you sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah I think you're right. I don't think it will happen quite that quickly, but I think if/when things go south he'll be the scapegoat.
    I should have been clearer and pointed out that is the appetizer to the main course and be a preview of what will happen later. If Trump thinks hes going get a legitimate infrastructure plan (even if its basically built around private road construction and tax breaks) and have republicans fall in line hes a bigger fool than we think.

Then we still have the major elephant in the room where it appears we will be heading into a nasty recession here in the next few years and republicans could easily make it worse by removing key regulations like they are promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The "who cares" was in regards to whether or not Soros is funding the recount. IMO we should have a mandatory, federally funded recount in every state where voting margins are slim.
    20K+ votes is not slim. Slim is approximately 1500 votes Hillary won New Hampshire by. Why are the lefties not crying for a recount here if all they are looking for is to make sure an accurate election count was made.

I hope us republicans somehow magically lose this recount (we won't) so that we can show the left how to act once again when the left wins. All building will stay intact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    20K+ votes is not slim. Slim is approximately 1500 votes Hillary won New Hampshire by. Why are the lefties not crying for a recount here if all they are looking for is to make sure an accurate election count was made.
    Because it is the left. They will respond with no u remarks and preach to be the bigger man, but never acting upon it. What they really mean is don't do what I do, do as I say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I hope us republicans somehow magically lose this recount (we won't) so that we can show the left how to act once again when the left wins. All building will stay intact.
    Oh how people forget things so easily in 4 years and 8 years. People protested Obama and how long did the birther movement go on?

- - - Updated - - -

Because it is the left. They will respond with no u remarks and preach to be the bigger man, but never acting upon it. What they really mean is don't do what I do, do as I say.
    While the person you want as president will spam twitter with rigged election, demanding riots, and saying you have to fight to correct things.. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Oh how people forget things so easily in 4 years and 8 years. People protested Obama and how long did the birther movement go on?
    Also this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The nonsense spouted by several right leaning people in this thread is indicative of why we have an imbecile on his way to the WH.
    Romney won the popular vote in 2008... oops, I mean 2012. Soros destroys counties. Etc...

Facts seemingly have no meaning to the "new" right.

My apologies to the non Americans reading this. You'll have to indulge us for the next several years. You can be sure the majority of the US likes this even less than you do.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    20k votes is less than 2 percent of the overall vote in WI. I said that in my opinion, recounts should be mandatory in elections where margins are slim, that would include situations like in New Hampshire. Honestly I thought she lost NH, apparently I haven't been keeping up with the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Mitt Romney
    Conspiracy theory rants allowed on mmoc now?

All that willfully ignorant trash aside, Romney of course lost the popular vote by five million in 2012. People who pretend their subjective viewpoint matters more than objective reality are hilarious. Probably something to do with the palpable desperation of trying to mask such incredible insecurity that they would feel the need to lie about something so petty. Someone should definitely do a study.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    It's more about maintaining the integrity of the elections than Left vs Right. Any Clinton supporter who thinks this will actually lead to her being president is extremely delusional. There is a chance sure, but it's very, very minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    . You can be sure the majority of the US likes this even less than you do.
    The majority does not, which is why Trump is president.

Nothing compared to this year. Are you obtuse?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    While the person you want as president will spam twitter with rigged election, demanding riots, and saying you have to fight to correct things.. Yep.

Also this.
    Yet none of it has happened.

Also, you had me ignored from the classic wow server thread. Decided that you are going to attempt to come at me again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing compared to this year. Are you obtuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The nonsense spouted by several right leaning people in this thread is indicative of why we have an imbecile on his way to the WH.
    Romney won the popular vote in 2008... oops, I mean 2012. Soros destroys counties. Etc...

Facts seemingly have no meaning to the "new" right.

My apologies to the non Americans reading this. You'll have to indulge us for the next several years. You can be sure the majority of the US likes this even less than you do.
    Care to contradict these non-facts. Or is calling everyone imbeciles is enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. Can't believe they would burn a real person..... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The majority does not, which is why Trump is president.
    The majority weighted by the filter of the electoral college, not the majority of the US. The majority of US citizens did not even go out to vote. Also, Barack Obama is president, Trump is President-Elect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    It's more about maintaining the integrity of the elections than Left vs Right. Any Clinton supporter who thinks this will actually lead to her being president is extremely delusional. There is a chance sure, but it's very, very minor.
    I agree. I think to do a recount because there is noway Hillary could of lost unless Trump cheated is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to contradict these non-facts. Or is calling everyone imbeciles is enough?

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting. Can't believe they would burn a real person..... oh wait.
    Are anti trump protests burning real people?