Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Government won’t forcibly remove Dakota pipeline protesters

The Amy Corps of Engineers said Sunday it has “no plans for forcible removal" of protesters camping in North Dakota and demonstrating against the Dakota Access oil pipeline.
    The Corps said in a Sunday statement that it wants a “peaceful and orderly transition” of protesters to “a safer location," according to The Associated Press.

---------------

Sounds familiar.
    shame, i thought that they were going to grow balls. We cater to protestors to much nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    shame, i thought that they were going to grow balls. We cater to protestors to much nowadays.
    Yeah...fuck the Constitution right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the group in question are part of the government, which exists to serve, is comprised of, and answerable to the citizenry; how is respecting the rights of peaceful protesters catering? Oh wait, it's not...it's part of their job description (well the government as a whole).

Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    Considering the group in question are part of the government, which exists to serve, is comprised of, and answerable to the citizenry; how is respecting the rights of peaceful protesters catering? Oh wait, it's not...it's part of their job description (well the government as a whole).
    Arnt they trespassing on us army land? How is it against the constitution to remove them from said private property. The freedom of speech doesnt mean you can do what ever where ever you want.

I too agree that the 1st amendment should only be "on" sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Arnt they trespassing on us army land? How is it against the constitution to remove them from said private property. The freedom of speech doesnt mean you can do what ever where ever you want.
    If you shut down protests on the basis that they're being conducted on publicly owned land that's a de facto ban on protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If you shut down protests on the basis that they're being conducted on publicly owned land that's a de facto ban on protests.
    i was under the assumption that the protests were on US ARMY land. not public land. And sorry but when they set vehicles on fire, attack police and attempt to push past barricades its no longer a peacefull protest. Protest all you want, but when you start blocking streets, pushing past police lines, destroy property, set fires, assault police officers or other civilians u need to be shut down.

Deleted
    Drive them back to their trailerp.... I mean reservation and just build the damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Let's go protest on main roads then, since they're public areas and they can't shut us down for it

10+ Year Old Account
    i was under the assumption that the protests were on US ARMY land. not public land. And sorry but when they set vehicles on fire, attack police and attempt to push past barricades its no longer a peacefull protest. Protest all you want, but when you start blocking streets, pushing past police lines, destroy property, set fires, assault police officers or other civilians u need to be shut down.
    Is this before or after the police pelt them with rubber bullets, tear gas and hose them down with water in near freezing temperatures? Stop treating this like one side is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Your map is out of date by more than century...
    Show me a current and correct one.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspectre View Post
    I live near the protest, and i can tell you it's a sham. There are public records available that refute all claims being made by the the protesters.

1. They claim the pipeline threatens their water supply. However, the supply in question is from the Fort Yates intake; which is being replaced by a newer state of the art intake at Mobridge more than 70 miles from the pipeline. This project has been in the works for near a decade, and is funded by US gov. grants to the tune of $30M+. The reason for the project is that in the mid 2000's the reservoir level dropped low enough during a drought that the intake at Fort Yates was unable to draw water. In mere months, the Fort Yates intake will be shut down permanently, as the other intake reaches 100% capacity. Another fact is, pipeline safety has vastly improved over the years; meaning the chances of a significant spill are remote and trending down. I think the actual statistics are like an incident of 500 barrels or more every 8 years, and an incident of less than 50 barrels every 3 years. Keep in mind these are statistics calculated from all pipelines networked across the US, including many older pipelines that do not have the safety features of anything built today.

2. They claim the route disturbs sacred sites. This again is easily proved false as the pipeline does not even run through the reservation land. 99% of the route is over privately owned land. Also, the pipeline is being run in a corridor where another existing pipeline and electrical transmission lines were constructed a long time ago. This means all the ground has already been excavated previously, so the chance of finding a sacred site is small. Even though the chance is small, the DAP has a process in place if any historical items are found. All finds are to be verified by a council consisting of archeologists, reps from all related tribes, and historians.

It should also be noted that the protest encampment is located near the small town of cannon ball. Which has 1 store for groceries & gas, which happens to be owned by tribal chairman Archabault. So he has a significant interest in prolonging the protest as he is making a lot of money off the protest.
    This guy is right on the money ^.

I live in the Bismarck/Mandan area and can tell you most locals know this whole thing is BS and nothing more than a money grab by the tribe. They want to basically tax Dakota Access to send oil through the pipe. The tribe completely blew the Army corps of engineers off for 5 meetings and did almost nothing to stop it. The pipeline is not even on the reservation! Multiple pipelines cross the river. The bodies that were buried in the area were moved by the corps when lake Oahe was created, this is all well documented.

These protesters are anything but peaceful, they have turned on the entire community and routinely block roads and bridges. The morons tried to block all the bridges on Thanksgiving day and were causing problems in the mall at Target. 33 had to be arrested. Every time they break the damn law and police have to respond they play the race card...but here is the thing, MOST ARE NOT NATIVE! There are numerous professional agitators from out of state here and there are also very credible reports of protesters making $18 an hour with money being funneled by the rail company who stand to lose a lot of money by the pipeline. The situation is completely out of hand and now (thankfully) the Army Corps of Engineers have gave them a vacate date to get off of Corps land. The protesters have killed numerous cattle and one rancher has over 30 missing! They ran 3 buffalo to death a couple weeks back. Ranchers property is being destroyed on a regular basis and many are very afraid and routinely have to patrol their land which can lead to dangerous and potentially deadly scenarios in the event of confrontation.

Don't listen to the typical media spin. These people have become like rabid dogs and I have not met a single local that supports their BS. Almost every nasty racist FB post from these clowns is from an out of stater. The natives that are involved are posting lots of racists things are are now calling any "whites" pilgrims. It is their new racist and very ironic rallying cry against racism...

These eco terrorists are nothing but hypocrites. They falsely claim burial grounds are desecrated while desecrating actual burial grounds. They have twice been to Fairveiw Cemetery where 2 of our miscarried children are buried and have built protest displays and angry mobbed around. What is maddening is that the City of Mandan and the City of Bismack has NOTHING to do with this whole thing and neither do any of those who live in the area and have had to deal with these aimless and aggressive tools who have turned against everyone.

I am over it and for the first time in the 6 years of living in this state, am looking forward to a long COLD winter. Hope they freeze!
    Last edited by Animalhouse; 2016-11-28 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Is this before or after the police pelt them with rubber bullets, tear gas and hose them down with water in near freezing temperatures? Stop treating this like one side is innocent.
    stop acting like the protestors are innocent. No one forced them to stand there as they got sprayed. They knew the water cannon was coming out. They kept pushing past the barricade that the police put up to block the bridge that the protestors had damaged by setting vehicles on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    stop acting like the protestors are innocent. No one forced them to stand there as they got sprayed. They knew the water cannon was coming out. They kept pushing past the barricade that the police put up to block the bridge that the protestors had damaged by setting vehicles on fire.
    Flawless logic there lmao

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7443831.html

Two thousand veterans are planning to join the Standing Rock Indian Reservation protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline.

The day before the US Army Corps of Engineers plans to close camps in North Dakota, as many as 2,000 military veterans are expected to stand in solidarity with the Native Americans and the protesters who have endured months of extreme weather, pepper spray, water cannons, as well as alleged use of grenades by police. Protests were mostly peaceful until they turned violent in late November.

The event, Veterans for Standing Rock, is calling for participants to "assemble as a peaceful, unarmed militia" to stand against protesters being assaulted and intimidated by law enforcement.

"It's time to display that honor, courage and commitment we claim to represent," the page reads, adding that 2,100 veterans want to join the event but the event reached capacity at 2,000 people.

"It's time for real patriots. Now more than ever, it's time for anyone and everyone to lead."

Hmm...veterans won't be unarmed...

Water cannons, and rubber bullets...are provocation.

I'm a local and we're currently in the middle of one hell of a blizzard. The governor has issued a mandatory evacuation order and this entire protest/movement is very quickly coming to an end. If they decide to stay and try to ride out the storm, people will die and this will very quickly turn from a protest into a rescue operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.