Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    50 attempts came with 20%, it was 20@0, 25@5, 30@10, and 35@15. Which meant paragon had a max of 160 possible pulls on H LK before they killed it. And they didn't one shot BQL, Sindragosa, and Putricide the first week.
    I feel this fact is super overlooked when speaking of Lich King's difficulty. He was a difficult fight, there is no arguing that. The gating however does take away a lot. You're given very little time to even practice any worthwhile strategy. Same shit with Algalon. I would personally never put him anywhere near the category of hardest bosses. You had bloody 2 hours each week to kill him, and his mechanics were pretty barebone. Tuning was tight, but then again so was Ra-den's for example.

I don't personally consider Lich King heroic 0% to be the hardest boss for the fact that it was probably the single most gated fight. Just so people are aware, the 20/25/30/35/40/45/50 pull attempts INCLUDED Putricide, Blood Queen and Sindragosa. You wipe on any of those 3 bosses, you have less for Lich King. There is a reason you've never ever seen the limited attempt thing repeated in the same fashion. It was super stupid, and basically meant the top guilds had a 2nd group of alts to practice parts of the fight, but again, different compositions and what not. Not as meaningful as actually practicing with a specific comp in mind.

C'Thun wrecked my first guild. The Four Horsemen wrecked my second one.

Can't say I agree with Archimonde considering even the top guilds used WAs/addons for the lasers. Maybe "in theory" was the fight the hardest, but with addons like that there's no way.

I'm gonna go with Kael'thas in TK. Not the most mechanically difficult fight, but I'm giving it points for being hard relative to when it was released. Today it would've been a boss on the same level as Galakras or HFA. Long-winded easy crap. At the time it was pretty hard. A real endurance fight with completely unique mechanics in the weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I claim that this represents the hardest bosses from top to bottom.
    Ra-Den was harder than Lei Shen?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    SSC elevator boss.
    I was going to say this, literally people would be too impatient and die over and over... it happens with almost every elevator in the game, I swear, when it comes to some people. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    I feel this fact is super overlooked when speaking of Lich King's difficulty. He was a difficult fight, there is no arguing that. The gating however does take away a lot. You're given very little time to even practice any worthwhile strategy. Same shit with Algalon. I would personally never put him anywhere near the category of hardest bosses. You had bloody 2 hours each week to kill him, and his mechanics were pretty barebone. Tuning was tight, but then again so was Ra-den's for example.

I don't personally consider Lich King heroic 0% to be the hardest boss for the fact that it was probably the single most gated fight. Just so people are aware, the 20/25/30/35/40/45/50 pull attempts INCLUDED Putricide, Blood Queen and Sindragosa. You wipe on any of those 3 bosses, you have less for Lich King. There is a reason you've never ever seen the limited attempt thing repeated in the same fashion. It was super stupid, and basically meant the top guilds had a 2nd group of alts to practice parts of the fight, but again, different compositions and what not. Not as meaningful as actually practicing with a specific comp in mind.
    You can say all fights have bare bone mechanics. At the time, LK did not have bare bone mechanics.

It was a stupid thing to put in the game for limited attempts. The portion that you said they had alt groups practicing fights made me chuckle though, it isn't any different now with PTR and multiple loot/alt runs.

I consider LK in the top 10 hardest fights, I consider LK with no buffs the hardest fight that wasn't bugged.

I only really started raiding in dragon soul (clearing heroic/mythic content) and so forth, and from then on in the most difficult fight is one of these fights.

Mythic Cenarius in emerald nightmare, the randomness of brambles with 19 other idiots to guide the brambles right over you, etc.. Granted this might not even be up there considering my guild was able to kill him again the next week after 2 attempts.

Lei Shen on heroic back in Throne of Thunder, that fight was pretty hell on earth.

Another would probably be Garrosh on 10 man heroic (I did progress on both 10 and 25 for this, 25 broke up) and I found that 25 man was much much easier than 10 for Garrosh when you enter the first heart phase was a much bigger difference on 10 than it was on 25. Last phase was quite a struggle as well, having to time when the iron star crashes into the boss.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Deleted
    You can say all fights have bare bone mechanics. At the time, LK did not have bare bone mechanics.
    I was talking about Algalon who I think I can quite fairly say has bare bone mechanics. Lich King has anything but bare bone mechanics.

It was a stupid thing to put in the game for limited attempts. The portion that you said they had alt groups practicing fights made me chuckle though, it isn't any different now with PTR and multiple loot/alt runs.
    How are these things anything alike. For PTR you're actually just copying the same character onto the PTR realm whereas on live you actually have to gear up a entire roster of 25 player's ALTS. This means they had to clear ICC twice a week to even get proper attempts onto LK. The effort of testing on the PTR vs gearing up your alt group significantly so it can catch up with your main group is about as night and day as it could possibly get. And they had to make sure they didn't wipe too much on Lana'thel, Sindragosa and Putricide, which 2 of them were pretty brutal encounters.

I mean, I consider him in the top 10 easily, if not top 5. But the hardest encounter? With all things considered I don't think that's a possibility from my subjective point of view.

As a healer, I hated Heroic Anub the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elevator boss.

Never forget.

Cthun pre-nerf.
    Literally impossible with the gear that existed at the time.

Odd that nobody here mentions mythic helya though. That bitch is scary. I know not a lot of people have attempted progressing on her. But the top 100 or so guilds in the world are gonna be attempting her in pretty much the peak gear of what's currently available.

There haven't been a lot of bosses that took upwards of 500 tries for top 5 guilds to kill, in the VERY BEST currently available gear in the game. Just let that sink in for a minute. Helya is gonna be take a while for a lot of guilds out there. Might even be impossible for a ton of "mythic" guilds in the currently available gear.
    Last edited by cszsolt3; 2016-11-29 at 07:15 AM.

HC lich king was definitely the hardest, he wasnt even killed before the +5% buff
    HC ragna was also ridiculous.

obviously stuff like ouro and Cthun were harder to kill since they were basically unkillable for weeks but i wouldnt say that counts

Deleted
    Im surprised nobody said M'uru pre wotlk patch, lot of high end guilds disbanded trying to kill him. The other one form me is LK25 HC. My opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardest boss is whichever feels more difficult on your preferred class.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Court of Stars' last boss in Mythic+!5 it seems lol.
    This
    Non arguable, cos the boss becomes impossible to kill at +15. Ive seen a 890 group go hard and fail hard until they gave up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    This
    Non arguable, cos the boss becomes impossible to kill at +15. Ive seen a 890 group go hard and fail hard until they gave up.
    I don't know, I don't feel it's appropriate to account for M+ bosses. It's a given at a certain M+ the bosses will be tuned to such a degree that you won't have a chance at killing them. Hyrja, Melandrus, Shade of Xavius & Wrath of Azshara are all examples of bosses who ramp up and are all either outright impossible at high M+ or insanely difficult solely because the M+ system will continue to scale their damage up as you progress.

I could technically nominate The Amalgam of Souls M+20 at that point because the scaling disregards whether it's a fair fight or not. Then again, OP asked for the hardest and not the fairest fight, but then I'd also like to nominate C'thun when he was logistically impossible to kill.

The hardest fight wpuld be last boss court of stars on whatever the max level keystone is on tyrannical.
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    There are no hard bosses. There are only bad tactics and stupid players that make bosses hard.
    Nothing in this world is hard with that logic. All it takes is practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nice repost from the first page of the thread...
    For W/e reason tapatalk did not load it for me, i see it now that im looking at the web version. Not sure why you people always act like people are being malicious or ignoring stuff and never consider that something may have just not shown up for them.