Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For anyone really bothered by this Moonfire thing, it would be trivial to test, since numerical threat information is available in the game API and can be accessed by/logged by addons. Should be pretty quick to gather some numerical values for threat granted by Moonfire DD, GG Moonfire etc, and also pretty easy to test if the threat numbers reported are "real" by having someone try to pull off you and seeing if the threshold matches up. If no one does this after a while I may get my friend who already made a threat value gathering addon (for skittish testing) to test with me, but he isn't available until after Thanksgiving.

a druid tank spoke with a another druid tank and he told me today that many other tanks think that mastery is now our worst stat in mythic+
    new priority is vers>haste>crit>mastery
    is that true?

No, follow the guides.

Vers=>mast>>>haste>crit for survival
    vers=crit>haste>mast for damage

haste and crit are way below vers and mastery for survival.

Is there an official ranking for relic traits survival wise ? Say 2 relics are the same ilvl, which trait is better and all that?

Deleted
    If you need some defensive stuff, maybe go for Ursoc's Endurance. If you have the SI ring, you might want to go Sharpened Instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyri Nyri Nyri View Post
    a druid tank spoke with a another druid tank and he told me today that many other tanks think that mastery is now our worst stat in mythic+
    new priority is vers>haste>crit>mastery
    is that true?
    This is the M+ dps prio. No way is it the actual way to do M+. Mastery is too valuable for survival to just put last.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    Is there an official ranking for relic traits survival wise ? Say 2 relics are the same ilvl, which trait is better and all that?
    Ironfur increase or AM extension probably. Nobody cares though 10% thrash damage too OP.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Ironfur increase or AM extension probably. Nobody cares though 10% thrash damage too OP.
    I'm facing a choice between Ironfur increase or Barkskin CD reduction

I'd go with Ironfur since more armor is useful always, while barkskin cd reduction would only be noticeable in long fights when you spam it on cd, or if you need it for big hits that happen with a perfect timing to make it available with relics and not available without. You usually either have enough time between trash pulls for it to recharge, or things die fast enough that you don't really need to use it.

Deleted
    Probably depends a bit on your gear. The value of Ironfur armor increase goes down if you overcap armor with 3 stacks. Other than that, Hanede is probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Probably depends a bit on your gear. The value of Ironfur armor increase goes down if you overcap armor with 3 stacks. Other than that, Hanede is probably right.
    I do not think it is currently possible to armor cap with 3 stacks in our gear. It's barely possible with 20/20 infinite progression traits.

Deleted
    Can depend on your trinkets. With the 4000 armor trinket from timewalking I have done it on a target dummy. Not sure whether with 3 or 4 stacks though. But yeah, if it depends on trinket on uses, then it probably doesn't matter.

Can depend on your trinkets. With the 4000 armor trinket from timewalking I have done it on a target dummy. Not sure whether with 3 or 4 stacks though. But yeah, if it depends on trinket on uses, then it probably doesn't matter.
    I think I may have had it happen once at a 3-stack with procs/trinkets aligning... big maybe. Definitely can get over 83% DR from armor with a 3-stack when my neck enchant procs (w/o it's over 81%). 4-stacks definitely hits 85% DR.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2016-11-28 at 07:57 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Gratz to your guilds helya kill pumps

Gratz to your guilds helya kill pumps
    Thanks mate, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFWkCzBmRrw is the kill video if anyone was interested in Mythic Helya tank pov.

Also updated guide for nighthold bis list and 7.1.5 changes to come.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Great Jobs!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    My druid (Moonkin/Guardian) is only my twink, so i'm not entirely sure, but afaik Armor/ilvl > Vers >= Mastery ... is this correct?
    At what ilvl difference do you change a piece of gear with Vers+Mastery (best stats) to one with Crit+Haste (worst stats)?

Trinket/Rings/Neck is a different thing. I think you stick to the one with the best stats and not highest ilvl as far as it is not a huge ilvl upgrade and so a huge Stamina boost?
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

At what ilvl difference do you change a piece of gear with Vers+Mastery (best stats) to one with Crit+Haste (worst stats)?
    5 pretty much. 10 is definitely always an upgrade.

Rings/neck around 15. A socket is worth a ton.

Trinket is another story, pretty much all the tank trinkets suck, so the most common choices are Aran's Ruby (by far)/Memento/BTI/Chrono/Nightbane or Guarm or generally ones with tons of agi + secondary stat/proc.

Also: Aww Dreamcatcher as first legendary, come on the moonkin dream is real!

Deleted
    Darkmoon Deck: Immortality is really good for tanking.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, was pretty pumped about Dreamcatcher
    Sadly i hadn't the time by now, to test it out in a raid. Have to catch up a bit with my main (3 weeks vacation) so i run with him in the Twinkraid, too.
    I try to do as much as possible with my moonkin, but keeping up two chars in legion as a casual is not as easy.
    But maybe next time or in two weeks i will make the boomi ready for raiding and see how it works. Have to get used to the Dreamcatcher rotation.

And thanks for your fast answer. Thats a good guideline (and a pretty easy one as well )
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 Rev.B|ASRock Z97 Extreme4|i7-4790K|HR-02 Macho|G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB|Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64|250GB+64GB+1TB SSD|4TB HDD|Seasonic Ultra Prime Gold 1000W|Corsair Scimitar Pro+Razer Sphex|Logitech G910+|LG 34UC88-B|2x iiyama Prolite XUB2792QSU-B1|Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro+AntLion ModMic 4|Thrustmaster T500RS+TH8A

Hey bears,

Tanked N EN with my alt bear using shock baton and plaguehive and parsed pretty well. Seems like full on lazer bear is the way to go for dps.. now I just need some better aoe proc trinkets.