Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Google announced it this month.

You realise that Brexit wasn't a vote to halt immigration entirely, don't you? We will still let in workers who have skills we want.
    Yup true. But less open market, higher cost might put company's off. Why go to uk, if say netherlands, germany or france can deliver the same stuff, for less cost and less hassle when you want to export a product in the rest of the eu/world?

Quote Originally Posted by BourneWolf View Post
    People can glammour it up as racism as much as they like, but the truth is, nobody enjoys working two jobs at 60+ hours per week, living in a crummy apartment with zero money left over at the end of each month because it all goes on bills, just to see immigrant + family move into the big house down the end of the street.

The Left Wing lost because they forgot to respect the majority of the workforce and the value of hard graft. They took it for granted, and the workforce gave the Left Wing the middle finger.

Karma was served.
    errr...wut?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    A vote for Brexit is a vote for widespread instability on a campaign of primal fears you obtain from vegetating in a rural Somerset village for your whole life.

Our immigration right now isnt even bad, instead of negotiating for a better deal we've damaged ourselves in every single section of government so we can stop immigration. Thats phenomenally short sighted, its like burning down your house because you spilt red wine on the carpet.

Immigration concerns arent worth this.
    You live in Scotland.

I live in London.

You havnt experienced open border immigration like i have.

House prices at least 20 times that of minimum wage, with banks lending only 5 times peoples' salaries.
    Traffic jams so long, people are late for work and get sacked because they cant make it on time. 3 hours to move one mile.
    Hospitals and schools so overrun that they turn people away.
    Public sector services that simply can not cope with the sheer number of people.

A closed border, skilled only immigration system is the ONLY thing that can save London.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    A vote for Brexit is a vote for widespread instability on a campaign of primal fears you obtain from vegetating in a rural Somerset village for your whole life.

Our immigration right now isnt even bad, instead of negotiating for a better deal we've damaged ourselves in every single section of government so we can stop immigration. Thats phenomenally short sighted, its like burning down your house because you spilt red wine on the carpet.

Immigration concerns arent worth this.
    It seems like in France, taking in massive numbers of migrants has created a situation where the government had the support to largely suspend civil liberties. Maybe the ultimate goal of those wanting these policies is more sinister, as it creates a situation where people will accept authoritarianism. Perhaps people are mistaken who believe their governments don't have ulterior motives for taking in migrants and refugees, considering that these are often the same governments behind turning the homelands of these refugees into burning wreckage.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    errr...wut?
    Basically the left forgot they were supposed to be the ones supporting the working classes, called all of them racist for expressing doubts about an open door immigration policy and now it has come back to bite the left in their collective arses.

Oddly enough, many old school lefties hate mass immigration due to how it negatively affects the working class more than any other group.

- - - Updated - - -

A closed border, skilled only immigration system is the ONLY thing that can save London.
    That and Batman & Robin fighting crime in Peckham.

Basically the left forgot they were supposed to be the ones supporting the working classes, called all of them racist for expressing doubts about an open door immigration policy and now it has come back to bite the left in their collective arses.

Oddly enough, many old school lefties hate mass immigration due to how it negatively affects the working class more than any other group.
    I suppose lol, was thinking more the Castro thing though
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I suppose lol, was thinking more the Castro thing though
    Castro wasn't keen on immigration.

Or emigration.

Or homosexuals, elections, fair trials, etc. He didn't like much really.

Yeah, I guess this is indeed good news for Canada. If you are one of the few countries left welcoming immigration (not only politically, but also considering the social climate) you can cherry pick whatever you need. Not only limited to the tech scene.

At least I wouldn't want to work in a post Brexit Britain. Lowered taxes are fine, but I would rather not get beat up for talking German on the phone.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2016-11-28 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Yeah, I guess this is indeed good news for Canada. If you are one of the few countries left welcoming immigration (not only politically, but also considering the social climate) you can cherry pick whatever you need. Not only limited to the tech scene.
    Great news for England then.

Brexit supports cherry picking, rather than let anyone in.

Great news for England then.

Brexit supports cherry picking, rather than let anyone in.
    The difference is that Canada is amazing at both upholding the image of an open, welcoming society and not letting everyone in. Be it when it comes to refugees (handpicked families and skilled workers) or regular immigration.

Britain is in the exact opposite place right now. I don't know anyone who still considers working In GB at the moment (mostly graduates at uni level). A better income matters little when you have to be afraid to walk the streets after sunset.
    Granted, this is likely due to the media overblowing things, but the result is still the same. Canada good, Britain bad.

The difference is that Canada is amazing at both upholding the image of an open, welcoming society and not letting everyone in. Be it when it comes to refugees (handpicked families and skilled workers) or regular immigration.

Britain is in the exact opposite place right now. I don't know anyone who still considers working In GB at the moment (mostly graduates at uni level). A better income matters little when you have to be afraid to walk the streets after sunset.
    Granted, this is likely due to the media overblowing things, but the consequences are still the same. Canada good, Britain bad.
    According to left wing media outlets and left wing social media sites and left wing forums.

The majority voters think different.

Alienating poor white working class males by grouping them with the priviledged elites of society AND calling them all evil racists has proven one thing.....

Karma exists.

As a poor white working class male myself, the Left has done enough for me to never vote for them ever again. You reap what you sow, and all that.

10+ Year Old Account

Granted, this is likely due to the media overblowing things, but the consequences are still the same. Canada good, Britain bad.
    If people are afraid to walk the streets after sunset in Britain, then they should take advantage of the NHS, there are lots of mental health programmes nowadays.

Unless they live in Croydon, can't really blame them for being afraid to walk the streets there at any time. Those trams are scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    You live in Scotland.

I live in London.

You havnt experienced open border immigration like i have.
    Neither have you, considering the UK is not part of the Schengen Area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Neither have you, considering the UK is not part of the Schengen Area.
    Schengen is passport free travel, the UK is part of the freedom of movement area. You are mixing up two different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schengen is passport free travel, the UK is part of the freedom of movement area. You are mixing up two different things.
    Even within the freedom of movement for workers, it's not an 'open border policy'. 'Open border' would be what the US had with Mexico until the 1980s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even within the freedom of movement for workers, it's not an 'open border policy'. 'Open border' would be what the US had with Mexico until the 1980s.
    This is just silly semantics, it doesn't detract from their point.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just silly semantics, it doesn't detract from their point.
    Yeah yeah, glorious isolation and all that rubbish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Castro wasn't keen on immigration.

Or emigration.

Or homosexuals, elections, fair trials, etc. He didn't like much really.
    That's cute bruv but it has nothing to do with Canada's booming tech industry. I'm not sure how you got confused in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    That isn't wrong though. Companies like apple love hiring people from other countries to steal jobs Americans could do. Trump is dry humping apple, giving the finger to china for manipulating currency and lax labor laws, telling Europe to foot their share of the bill, and enforcing immigration policies already in place, and If he is able to reign in some of these corporations who take advantage of globalism to skip taxes then he will be the best president ever. He is the king of debt and tax code so he should know where the loopholes and falts are. Can't wait for him to officially step in office.
    I'd laugh because this just sounds so fake, but given your post history you're entirely serious.

Trump doesn't care about apple. He gives blowjobs to China which has most of the factories for his line of goods in addition to their banks having many of his loans (he can't get loans in the US because he never paid them back in 3 decades, LULULLULULULULULZ). He hasn't said shit about Europe's contribution (I notice a lot of Trumples project their own vision of Trump onto an otherwise worthless and terrible person, wonder why they feel the need to project? Oh right, he's a worthless and terrible human that they have to justify supporting with made up crap). Immediately after his election he went back on harsh immigration enforcement, the wall, and pretty much everything the gullible voted for him on.

He promised a magic bullet for everyone's problems, and it's going to be so satisfying watching him not deliver a single solution to these people, but see them justify and champion him anyway because they have to follow their tribalistic instincts to support "their guy" no matter how many promises are broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Be careful with that phrase, many people don't even know what the fuck open borders are. Many believe it means "FOREIGNERS ABLE TO IMMIGRATE WITHOUT VETTING OR ANY PROCESS, AND THEY'LL VOTE LIBERAL, BLUH BLUH BLUH."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense, but Canada isn't the place people will go to if the tech scene in the US collapses for some reason. The UK and the Asian Tigers are more likely directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.