Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I thought it was odd too, but I'm thinking Mon-El had a gun to his head offscreen.
    The first line says it all...

Maybe they'll explain it since it's only halfway through the episode, but... humans are not kryptonian...
    As far as the virus is concerned that is.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Maybe they'll explain it since it's only halfway through the episode, but... humans are not kryptonian...
    As far as the virus is concerned that is.
    I'm guessing Cadmus modified it to not hurt humans either
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Guessing the people on the ship is his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate the CW. Signal got all fucked up and missed the last 10 minutes. Only damn channel that screws up. Happens to my buddy that lives 900 miles away too.

Anyways I was really diggin this episode. Cisco trying to open the portal at the beginning made me chuckle.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Four Night Crossover Event was pretty bullshit advertising.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Well Im not sure what happened after the last commercial break, but we got a half ass crossover in the first 5 minutes with Cisco trying to open a portal lol

Yeah, the folks who do advertising and trailers really hyped up the FOUR NIGHT EVENT, even though the executive producer said long ago that this is a three-part story crossing into four shows, rather than a four-part story. So, yeah, blame the advertisers for the bullshit advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Well Im not sure what happened after the last commercial break, but we got a half ass crossover in the first 5 minutes with Cisco trying to open a portal lol
    There were two attempted portal openings during the show before the actual crossover began in the last 90 seconds - once at dinner, and once while Henshaw and Supergirl were fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Yeah, the folks who do advertising and trailers really hyped up the FOUR NIGHT EVENT, even though the executive producer said long ago that this is a three-part story crossing into four shows, rather than a four-part story. So, yeah, blame the advertisers for the bullshit advertising.There were two attempted portal openings during the show before the actual crossover began in the last 90 seconds - once at dinner, and once while Henshaw and Supergirl were fighting.
    Ahh I missed the second one then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They wrapped up J'onn's white martian problem a little too easily. I'm also getting tired of the stupid cliche of people deciding a holiday is the perfect time to come out to their parents.
    This season seems to be doing a lot of stuff really fast. We went from "There's another green Martian" to "Audience finds out she's a white Martian" to "J'onn finds out!" in almost back-to-back episodes. Similarly, we got "Audience finds out Cadmus is run by Mama Luthor" to "Supergirl finds out!" to "Mama Luthor goes to jail" at a similar rate of speed. They seem to really not want to drag any story points out very long this season.

As for the cliche, this is the sort of thing you'd want to reveal in person rather than through a phone call or a tweet, and like a lot of families the Danvers aren't geographically close enough to be able to visit their mom very often, so holidays usually end up being the opportunity.

As an unrelated aside, it's going to irritate me if at no point during the remaining three nights of the crossover does Supergirl mention she has a alien-killing virus in her universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's going to irritate me if at no point during the remaining three nights of the crossover does Supergirl mention she has a alien-killing virus in her universe.
    Nah they would have to use that plot point to wrap up the invasion. I mean that would have to be definite fore-shadowing, right?
    Hi

Nah they would have to use that plot point to wrap up the invasion. I mean that would have to be definite fore-shadowing, right?
    I'd actually be surprised if they used Medusa to end the invasion threat, since it has a lot of emotional baggage for Kara, plus she is generally on the "no killing" side of the fence when it comes to defeating enemies, so I'm not sure she'd want to solve things via genocide. But if they don't even mention it at all... that'll bug me.

I'm guessing Cadmus modified it to not hurt humans either
    I always saw Humans and Kryptonians to be biologically similar, with the difference being how we absorb energy from the sun, we absorb vitamin D from the sun, and Kryptonians use it as a battery to evolve into a powered being. So perhaps no tinkering with Medusa was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    I always saw Humans and Kryptonians to be biologically similar, with the difference being how we absorb energy from the sun, we absorb vitamin D from the sun, and Kryptonians use it as a battery to evolve into a powered being. So perhaps no tinkering with Medusa was needed.
    But closer than Daxamite to Kryptonian? If it made the Daxamite sick, it'd be a very weird coincidence that it didn't make us as well.

Aside: you'd think that they would've made two versions: one that kills Daxamites, and one that doesn't affect them. They're in the same system, and both scenarios are possible when dealing with the alien invasion threat that Medusa was designed to counter.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Aside: you'd think that they would've made two versions: one that kills Daxamites, and one that doesn't affect them. They're in the same system, and both scenarios are possible when dealing with the alien invasion threat that Medusa was designed to counter.
    Well, the one that got deployed on Earth does kill Daxamites, it just takes longer because of their genetic similarity to Kryptonians. Those similarities probably are what prevented them from making it work faster on them, since making it more lethal for Daxamites might've made it affect Kryptonians.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-11-29 at 05:47 PM.

Well, the one that got deployed on Earth does kill Daxamites, it just takes longer because of their genetic similarity to Kryptonians. Those similarities probably are what prevented them from making it work faster on them, since making it more lethal for Daxamites might've made it affect Kryptonians.
    But it's less effective in general. Delayed onset, and can be fought off. You may be right tho that it wasn't possible to develop it to fully lethal for Daxamites without hurting Kryptonians, but I still think there should be a second Daxamite-exempt version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing crossover! that whole 40 seconds of the flash was just awesome....

But it's less effective in general. Delayed onset, and can be fought off. You may be right tho that it wasn't possible to develop it to fully lethal for Daxamites without hurting Kryptonians, but I still think there should be a second Daxamite-exempt version.
    Ah, but if you have a virus that kills all non-Kryptonians, and you then modify it to not kill Daxamites, it's possible that the changes that makes to the virus could also allow an Almerac to survive... oops, Maxima's invading looking for someone to mate with.

Also, even if there was a Daxamite-exempt version that didn't hurt Kryptonians or Daxamites, why would Cadmus have used that version? Heck, if they could alter it to not kill Humans, why couldn't they further alter it to kill Kryptonians too?

Heck, if they could alter it to not kill Humans, why couldn't they further alter it to kill Kryptonians too?
    Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Maybe they didn't have enough Kryptonian DNA on hand to work with?

Another Aside: I find it odd there wasn't a scene with Lena and Supergirl at the end. Obviously limited time due to the crossover, but Lena's actions should've received some acknowledgement.

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. Maybe they didn't have enough Kryptonian DNA on hand to work with?
    Guess they shouldn't have wasted all that blood, eh?

Something else that just occurred to me - they weren't 100% certain that the virus wouldn't kill humans, even with whatever changes they made, so they couldn't just go straight to exposing the entire city. That's why they did that test run in the bar - if any humans were to die there, they'd be alien-loving scum anyway, so no big loss.