Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    One thing is killing a private soldier or in this case worgen and other is killing a king with the worgen curse, by your logic anyone could kill a Kil'jaeden because we have killed a lot of eredars in azsuna or in suramar or killing a ranger forsaken you can also take down nathanos
    Eredar are a class of creature imbued with magical power and higher ranking eredar have more magicla might backing them up.

Worgen are basically humans who got cursed with a bloodthirsty feral side. Genn was a king by blood with no other real traits beyond his ability to lead. How is he all that different from other worgen? well he's got a name. Sure. But as far as skills go he's basically just stated that he's got the worgen thing going on.

edit:

forgot Genn's passive traits of lack of foresight and hotheadedness. Negatives on sense motive skill ranks and bonus for leaping to conclusions.

edit2:

and yes. the undercity existed prior to the formation of teh forsaken, apparently. It was a crypt/prison and Orggrim Doomhammer was apaprently stuck in there for a time. Arthas took it over with the scourge and well later the Forsaken took up residence and dubbed it the Undercity. I doubt many casters took teh time to learn the layout of the royal crypt or a prison though.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2016-11-29 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Eredar are a class of creature imbued with magical power and higher ranking eredar have more magicla might backing them up.

Worgen are basically humans who got cursed with a bloodthirsty feral side. Genn was a king by blood with no other real traits beyond his ability to lead. How is he all that different from other worgen? well he's got a name. Sure. But as far as skills go he's basically just stated that he's got the worgen thing going on.

edit:

forgot Genn's passive traits of lack of foresight and hotheadedness. Negatives on sense motive skill ranks and bonus for leaping to conclusions.

edit2:

and yes. the undercity existed prior to the formation of teh forsaken, apparently. It was a crypt/prison and Orggrim Doomhammer was apaprently stuck in there for a time. Arthas took it over with the scourge and well later the Forsaken took up residence and dubbed it the Undercity. I doubt many casters took teh time to learn the layout of the royal crypt or a prison though.

That is also how I've always interpreted it. I might be ignorant on this part, but I've never seen Genn doing any great military deeds, or combat feats. I've always looked upon him more of a political king, not one of these fantasy warrior kings that Varian is. So I've always thought it to be extremely silly that he gets a unique
    worgen shape(color) and more power for being an ordinary worgen with a big name. Perhaps he's old and thus the white hairlines? But yeah I've always seen all worgen almost equal in power, and Crowley or bloodfang being the strongest -

Highly doubt the ruler of Lordaeron would be handing out fliers for the grand opening of an underground catacomb/prison. These things tend to be kept a secret, even for close and loyal allies. No way they told her about this, wouldn't even be much of a point telling her?

Ugh annoying qoute reply system
    Last edited by Blasphemous Bearded Owl; 2016-11-29 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post

edit:

edit2:

Because the worgen blood is part of Goldrinn a Wild God and any druid form is a boost of power just look at the feral druid we have to kill in val sharad questline, lorekeeper and Elerethe you are a fool if you think a shapeshifting power which power is from the dream is not a boost like resurrect somebody with dark magic and Genn as a king have a lot of more training that an average soldier with the worgen curse. About Undercity was just a drain system which orgrim was confined there when he wasn't in exhibition and when the scourge take it arthas planned to use it as the new capital of his new kingdom with he never finished to build it

Because the worgen blood is part of Goldrinn a Wild God and any druid form is a boost of power just look at the feral druid we have to kill in val sharad questline, lorekeeper and Elerethe you are a fool if you think a shapeshifting power which power is from the dream is not a boost like resurrect somebody with dark magic
    the worgen power hasn't appeared to be as some form of power that can be trained exactly. More like a rage they work to not lose control of. Boom, faster stronger, deadlier... not so good self control at times. Lets the average human soldier go toe to toe with orc and tauren warrior they managed to piss off. It's a nice power, but to compare to eredar who are all effectively sorcerers with a heirarchy based on how powerful they are with the magics they work and the most noteworthy eredar all actually wielding freakish magical might... look back at the worgen again and they're just human with a typical heirarchy determined by who was born of who with no relation to how they manage their 'power' or 'might'.

and Genn as a king have a lot of more training that an average soldier with the worgen curse.
    Genn's backstory is more about his political maneuvering to try and set his nation up. Not really about his physical training. It's to me cause you only see him leading and not really trying to rush in... until legion hits and he's in the thick of things with Varian and trying to start shit with Sylvanas.

Also, all the worgen really get cursed around the same time... as far as I can recall. The gilneans who survived the invasion, and then the living residents around silverpine and lordaeron area after the initial invasion?

the worgen power hasn't appeared to be as some form of power that can be trained exactly. More like a rage they work to not lose control of. Boom, faster stronger, deadlier... not so good self control at times. Lets the average human soldier go toe to toe with orc and tauren warrior they managed to piss off. It's a nice power, but to compare to eredar who are all effectively sorcerers with a heirarchy based on how powerful they are with the magics they work and the most noteworthy eredar all actually wielding freakish magical might... look back at the worgen again and they're just human with a typical heirarchy determined by who was born of who with no relation to how they manage their 'power' or 'might'.
    No, they are not just human with a cosmetic form, the worgen form is like any druid form, do you have ever do val sharad questline or emerald nightmare? There are a lot of druids corrupted by the nightmare and his shapeshifting power are really a boost.

Genn's backstory is more about his political maneuvering to try and set his nation up. Not really about his physical training. It's to me cause you only see him leading and not really trying to rush in... until legion hits and he's in the thick of things with Varian and trying to start shit with Sylvanas.

Also, all the worgen really get cursed around the same time... as far as I can recall. The gilneans who survived the invasion, and then the living residents around silverpine and lordaeron area after the initial invasion?
    Sure he is not much that kind of king who live by the sword, but by his quotes in game not just in the worgen first levels also during storheim we can see he is at least a good hunter and all the princes not matter his talents are training since childhood, in the anduin comic we saw how his father trained him very harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    He charged to attack Slyvanus and she dodged it, he was able to take the Soulcage as a result of her dodge. If he was aiming for the soulcage he would have had to predict where she would dodge.
    Yeah, it's unspeakably hard to predict how your target would dodge when you're the one forcing it to dodge and we're not totally talking of a Worgen fast enough to close gaps of meters in less than a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah, it's unspeakably hard to predict how your target would dodge when you're the one forcing it to dodge and we're not totally talking of a Worgen fast enough to close gaps of meters in less than a second.
    tripzzz sounds delusional.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

lol, seriously this post is derailed to a disquisition on royals strength?
    it is a damned archetype, old as the mankid, there arent other reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Genn went in with the intent of killing Slyvanus. Aiming and taking the soulcage was something he came up with mid battle. His initial plan was to kill her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    tripzzz sounds delusional.
    Do you even have Legion? Your characters are all lvl 100.

I kind of want to know what Sylvanas' plan is regarding the Valkyr, as an aside to the Genn/Sylvanas conflict. She said she would keep trying to do, well, whatever it is she's exactly trying to do with them/Helya/etc., but so far it seems like that line is drying up? I remember before the expansion they made it sound like Sylvanas would have to make some huge choice but so far I'm not seeing it, unless her becoming Horde leader counts as a "choice," which it wasn't really.

Do you even have Legion? Your characters are all lvl 100.
    No, i dont. Like it matters anyway. I can learn everything i need by looking it up.
    Speculation doesn't help you

No, i dont. Like it matters anyway. I can learn everything i need by looking it up.
    Speculation doesn't help you
    You obviously didn't look up the fact Genn tells the Alliance player he isn't in the habit of tracking prey he doesn't intend to kill. What speculation are you talking about?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope it ends. Both characters are written terribly. Its like they let some 13 year old fan-fic blogger come up with the script for Genn. And Sly's dialog is entirely too bipolar. She either comes off as the wicked witch of the west or some determined, yet secretly vulnerable flower depending on which expac youre playing.

You obviously didn't look up the fact Genn tells the Alliance player he isn't in the habit of tracking prey he doesn't intend to kill. What speculation are you talking about?
    He did a poor job at trying to kill sylvanas then.
    He talked to much and his punches didn't do anything to her.

He did a poor job at trying to kill sylvanas then.
    He talked to much and his punches didn't do anything to her.
    They both did a poor job trying to kill eachother. Genn did talk too much and Slyvanus didn't even use her emo scream. It is even more embarrassing for Slyvanus though since she is stronger, older, more experienced and more durable than Genn is. Genn is the underdog.

They both did a poor job trying to kill eachother. Genn did talk too much and Slyvanus didn't even use her emo scream. It is even more embarrassing for Slyvanus though since she is stronger, older, more experienced and more durable than Genn is. Genn is the underdog.
    Technically that arrow did almost kill genn. He only survived because he had help

Technically that arrow did almost kill genn. He only survived because he had help
    I know. That's what it means to be an underdog. She had a higher chance of killing him than he did her. But she still failed.

I know. That's what it means to be an underdog. She had a higher chance of killing him than he did her. But she still failed.
    Not really.

Not really.
    Quality argument. Care to explain?

Quality argument. Care to explain?
    Genn had the far superior position and had a very good spot for a surprise attack, but the dimwit had to have his little speech and then the other dimwit did not shoot him immediately into the face after he fell of the ledge, after the first arrow hit. Instead she has her little speech. That cinematic was uttery cringeworthy from beginning to the end.