Thread: DK Viability?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urioh View Post
    Claiming people are being over dramatic about unh is pretty interesting coming from someone who played frost during M ToV progression while also having the Unh bracers

im sure you'll hit me with the "i just like frost more than unh" line though :>
    Nah. I'll hit you with the "I exptected getting a frost legendary while farming the paragon trait for Frost, because you know, there's no softcap".

So. I have paragon trait in frost, but not in UH.

But there's guilds that ran with UH DK's aswell. So I don't see why me playing frost on progress is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Nah. I'll hit you with the "I exptected getting a frost legendary while farming the paragon trait for Frost, because you know, there's no softcap".

So. I have paragon trait in frost, but not in UH.

But there's guilds that ran with UH DK's aswell. So I don't see why me playing frost on progress is relevant.
    Claiming people are being over dramatic about unh is pretty interesting coming from someone who played frost during M ToV progression while also having the Unh bracers

im sure you'll hit me with the "i just like frost more than unh" line though :>

Point being if unh is as fine as you say and people are over reacting why would any dk with the bis bracers op out of unholy in favor of going frost ?

I mean obviously unholy is good without bracers correct ? So having bracers should make unholy that much better especially considering you dont even have a frost lego yet.

So why would push for the frost paragon trait at all right ?

Unholy is in a perfectly good spot

or could it be that unholy without bracers isnt good compared to frost. With bracers unholy still does well but frost is still that much better and much less of a hassle to play.
    Last edited by Urioh; 2016-11-29 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

Unholy and Frost are both very desirable Mythic+ Picks.

Raiding is middle of the pack, not bad not great. No one will turn your class down if a guild is looking for a melee.

Frost is very good at PvP at the moment as well.

Blood is lower end of the pack in terms of maximum tank performance but all tanks are currently viable.

Deleted
    Point being if unh is as fine as you say and people are over reacting why would any dk with the bis bracers op out of unholy in favor of going frost ?

I mean obviously unholy is good without bracers correct ? So having bracers should make unholy that much better especially considering you dont even have a frost lego yet.

So why would push for the frost paragon trait at all right ?

Unholy is in a perfectly good spot

or could it be that unholy without bracers isnt good compared to frost. With bracers unholy still does well but frost is still that much better and much less of a hassle to play.
    Because i'm in a guild that wants to compete in top end raiding. So I HAVE to do the most dps I can do. Just so happens to be frost. I can't just freely pick.

Because i'm in a guild that wants to compete in top end raiding. So I HAVE to do the most dps I can do. Just so happens to be frost. I can't just freely pick.
    Exactly.

The fact that even with the bis bracers you ended up having to go for frost is a problem in itself.

I feel that people have every right to be a bit upset about the current state of unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

Just curious guys, I'm settled on my dh for m+ and my survival Hunter for fun. I'm really really stuck on whether my frost/unholy/blood dk is a better option than my windwalker/brewmaster monk.. again I'm only really doing mythic+ and world content with some arena...

While i dont agree with the Tone of Urioh's post, it does show you concede to his underlying point.

@Kanj do you feel frost is strong enough to beat a ww monk in m+ etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Just curious guys, I'm settled on my dh for m+ and my survival Hunter for fun. I'm really really stuck on whether my frost/unholy/blood dk is a better option than my windwalker/brewmaster monk.. again I'm only really doing mythic+ and world content with some arena...
    Frost is the Best Melee for M+ and Blood decent for M+ higher keys

your DH is 2-3rd best melee for M+ and arguably the second best tank for the overall list of affixes.

If all you care about is M+ and World content #1 choice should be DH and #2 should be DK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    @Kanj do you feel frost is strong enough to beat a ww monk in m+ etc?
    In M+ nonono. Godmonk is crazy strong in M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

The fact that even with the bis bracers you ended up having to go for frost is a problem in itself.

I feel that people have every right to be a bit upset about the current state of unholy.
    Well I don't believe I've said people can't be unhappy with their favorit class' current situation. What I've said is, making threads saying "Signed" or having threads saying they're unplayable or unviable, is both wrong and doesn't help.

In M+ nonono. Godmonk is crazy strong in M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah fair enough, I really like Unholy and the artifact proc but if no k is superior in m+ then I'll lvl it up first and dk afterwards. I do see monks suffer on bosses and win on trash (sodapoppin came 3rd overall to a dh and dk yesterday in a 15)

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw rogues with the BF legendary do fucking crazy AoE too :/
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.