Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    I'll be testing later today but I find it hard to believe that MotG is worth anything. If i recall correctly throw glaive was never worth using on single target if you didn't take bloodlet.
    Wildly untrue with Demon Blades; you will have gaps in your rotation and hitting something will be better than nothing.
    disco inferno

Quote Originally Posted by vulena View Post
    Wildly untrue with Demon Blades; you will have gaps in your rotation and hitting something will be better than nothing.
    Yup with DB working as it does now, any damage using skills that cost nothing but a global will be worth using if you either have no fury or other skills are on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    That means yes, DB is getting a 75% chance -> 65% chance nerf.
    You are shitting me, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks..i had hope that with the DB nerf, Demon Bite's would be a thing again, but it seens otherwise,and worse, fury gen looks awful.

Maybe its time to dust off my fury war , the one i dont have downtimes, but i still want to believe that blizz will not fuck up the class that bad and on the next builds they will make fury gen good again <.<
    Last edited by Pigglix; 2016-11-29 at 04:29 AM.

I just got my third legendary and it wasn't anger of the half giants. Testing on PTR without AotHG feels the worst. I would regularly spend 5-6 seconds waiting for fury to generate.
    Since Demon Blades procs less, felblade now resets less often. Truly felt awful.

Quote Originally Posted by glorf12 View Post
    I just got my third legendary and it wasn't anger of the half giants. Testing on PTR without AotHG feels the worst. I would regularly spend 5-6 seconds waiting for fury to generate.
    Since Demon Blades procs less, felblade now resets less often. Truly felt awful.
    Well, on ptr ring wouldn't help you that much since it's gutted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I think so far, the best simming build on the PTR does about 3% less ST damage than now. That build was:

Felblade - Demon Blades - First Blood - Momentum - W/E - Chaos Blades

So even if there're mechanical changes, Demonic build is still a lot behind and we're still getting a nerf.

Not in an acceptable status.
    not to mention cleave dmg loss because of no bloodlet and felmastery in 7.1.5

I think the biggest problem right now, is that I am not enjoying my class anymore. All of the changes have lead to a very unpleasant experience. Just need to revert fury generation and we're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Oh fair enough! I'll give it a whirl and see how it performs, I have 0 leggies on my DH as kept swapping toons to find a happy fit, but seeing fel blade being used, that's my happy fit :P
    Would like to point out that in current mythic raid content, there's not a single fight that's pure single target (ursoc gets an add), so blootlet will still be better (only exception might be nythenra, but due to rot and the need to move in p2, bloodlet would still be better)

EDIT: Guarm is actually single target, forgot about that one, but bloodlet might still be better due to his charges and jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
    Would like to point out that in current mythic raid content, there's not a single fight that's pure single target (ursoc gets an add), so blootlet will still be better (only exception might be nythenra, but due to rot and the need to move in p2, bloodlet would still be better)

EDIT: Guarm is actually single target, forgot about that one, but bloodlet might still be better due to his charges and jumps.
    Perhaps. Though I'm casual so my only raiding will be LFR. I have noticed however on PTR that Fel Rush -> Fel Blade is pretty awesome on small target bosses/mobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Well, on ptr ring wouldn't help you that much since it's gutted
    Gutted to be similar to our other options... It's still going to be giving you about 15-20% more fury gen on DB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question, if i have the legendary boots and bracers, should i keep the same build as we play now or should i change bloodlet to first blood?

That's for 2+ fights.

What does more damage a single Throw Glaive or a Chaos Nova?

Not sure how to compare "490% physical" to "125% of AP chaos damage"...

Just trying to see if having 2 TGs will work nicer than a free Nova (which I LOVE for Mythic+'s but can't take cause Live's bloodlet TG synergy)

Man if demon blades becomes shit, I'll reroll again lmao
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    What does more damage a single Throw Glaive or a Chaos Nova?

Not sure how to compare "490% physical" to "125% of AP chaos damage"...

Just trying to see if having 2 TGs will work nicer than a free Nova (which I LOVE for Mythic+'s but can't take cause Live's bloodlet TG synergy)
    Throw Glaive, obviously. If you add Bloodlet is a no brainer

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    Man if demon blades becomes shit, I'll reroll again lmao
    There will be other factors going on to help mitigate the DB fury nerf - first of all felblade being easier to take. It already helps fill in for the legendary ring currently. Secondly, the tier will be a 'slight' mitigation to bring us close to how we are now, unless you had the ring pre-nerf (although even at 1-6 the ring is comparable to other legendaries and gives a noticeable benefit to fury gen)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There will be other factors going on to help mitigate the DB fury nerf - first of all felblade being easier to take. It already helps fill in for the legendary ring currently. Secondly, the tier will be a 'slight' mitigation to bring us close to how we are now, unless you had the ring pre-nerf (although even at 1-6 the ring is comparable to other legendaries and gives a noticeable benefit to fury gen)
    Yet again, Blizzard is balancing around items, why?

While I don't pretend that this is what is happening here - it's always been the case that new ideas for a class are tested as tier sets first (and trinkets for global changes). Tier that they like the design of would likely be folded into the class.

Demon Blades presents an issue since it spent most of beta not working as a 'passive' but as an off GCD fury bank that you would use to instantly gain a large amount back. The change puts the talent (and as it's the go-to talent its the most important to consider) in uncharted territory. It's the reason the ring went from being comparable to cinidaria's to 3x the power, afterall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't think the ring givinb 1-6 fury will be comparable to those dps legendarys of rogues, for saying someone that outdps us in single target really easy even if we have the ring prenerf.

Demon hunter ring is not op, is our fury gain and our single target damage which are weaks, the ring only strengthened us where we are most weak. Nothing else. nerfing the ring will lower some demon hunters to the lower level of other demon hunters, but the rest of the nerfs won't upper demonhunters to do the damage that good rogues or mages do. We'll be middle in single target DPS always.

No, it's comparable to our other dps legendaries (sans new shoulders). You should not be aiming for legendaries that provide over 10% of your dps - that is awful game design. Weaker legendaries & a stronger class behind is healthier game design, and better for nearly all involved.