Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    Howling Blast nerf is for PvP only stop freaking out.
    That wouldn't make any sense though since it's the cleave component that is being nerfed. Howling blast doing too much splash dmg in pvp?

Copied and pasted directly from the notes;

PvP Talents
    Overpowered Rune Weapon Empowered Empower Rune Weapon's cooldown is reduced by 2 minutes. Frost DeathKnight - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Frost
    Howling Blast Blast the target with a frigid wind, dealing [ 82.5% of AP ] Frost damage to that foe, and [ 70.1% [ 66% of AP ] Frost damage to all other enemies within 10 yards, infecting all targets with Frost Fever. Frost Fever A disease that deals [ 440% of AP ] Frost damage over 24 sec and has a chance to grant the Death Knight 5 Runic Power each time it deals damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 1 Runes. 30 yd range. Instant.

There is NO mention of HB in any of the PvE listed changes.

I suppose we'll wait halfway through NH to see the % increases to Oblit and HB again.

It's like a merry go round and I'm ten seconds away from vomiting.

Deleted
    I'm just gonna throw this one in:
    Why the F do we not get a movement buff?!

We need something like ~10% Movement-Passive and 30 seconds CD on Wrath-Walk.
    I mean, its so bad... I can hardly remove my Legendary Boots without feeling like a Turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Element View Post
    Copied and pasted directly from the notes;

PvP Talents
    Overpowered Rune Weapon Empowered Empower Rune Weapon's cooldown is reduced by 2 minutes. Frost DeathKnight - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Frost
    Howling Blast Blast the target with a frigid wind, dealing [ 82.5% of AP ] Frost damage to that foe, and [ 70.1% [ 66% of AP ] Frost damage to all other enemies within 10 yards, infecting all targets with Frost Fever. Frost Fever A disease that deals [ 440% of AP ] Frost damage over 24 sec and has a chance to grant the Death Knight 5 Runic Power each time it deals damage. Death Knight - Frost Spec. 1 Runes. 30 yd range. Instant.

There is NO mention of HB in any of the PvE listed changes.
    I think you're misreading the bullet points: "Frost" is not a subsection of "PvP Talents", it's another bullet point. It's a nerf for Frost in general (PvE or PvP)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    I think you're misreading the bullet points: "Frost" is not a subsection of "PvP Talents", it's another bullet point. It's a nerf for Frost in general (PvE or PvP)
    Yes, the HB nerf is overall, not PVP specific ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post

I mean, its so bad... I can hardly remove my Legendary Boots without feeling like a Turtle.
    Its my #1 concern as well, seems like the raid designers don't really talk to the class designers so we end up with fights like Odyn where dot classes just dot everything and do tons of damage while I just waddle around like an idiot .. or M+ where every second counts and we can't keep up with the party.. its so pathetic I don't even know what to say anymore.

Nevermind I get it now.

They believe it's part of the class identity to be slow. I guarantee that DK mobility will not substantially improve before 8.0. If you don't like it, reroll. There is no other option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    They believe it's part of the class identity to be slow. I guarantee that DK mobility will not substantially improve before 8.0. If you don't like it, reroll. There is no other option.
    Maybe they are watching The Walking Dead and want us to be slow moving Zombies?
    I guess someone has to tell them to go and watch 28 Days Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattzo View Post
    Its my #1 concern as well, seems like the raid designers don't really talk to the class designers so we end up with fights like Odyn where dot classes just dot everything and do tons of damage while I just waddle around like an idiot .. or M+ where every second counts and we can't keep up with the party.. its so pathetic I don't even know what to say anymore.
    I completely agree.
    There are Raid-Encounters where I have to switch to my Legendary-Boots in order to efficiently dodge the mechanics and/or have a good uptime on the targets. Fact is, DK's had 15% Passive-Movement in their Spellbook during Legion Beta and Public Test and somehow Blizzard did remove it about a week before Legion went Live. It still bothers me...
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2016-11-30 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattzo View Post
    I gave up trying to dps adds on odyn hc.

Its tricky enough staying on target on odyn due to spastic kiting and dodging shit.

I live in hope that bliz design one boss with a mechanic based around something like 'stand still for more than 0.5 seconds and get one shotted.' just to make casters cry.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-11-30 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The class identity as described was "a juggernaut, slow but deadly once he reaches the objective".

we are just missing the deadly part to compensate the time we are walking to the objective instead of damaging it.

Deleted
    Zebra is misinformed.

Changes are GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I gave up trying to dps adds on odyn hc.

Its tricky enough staying on target on odyn due to spastic kiting and dodging shit.

I live in hope that bliz design one boss with a mechanic based around something like 'stand still for more than 0.5 seconds and get one shotted.' just to make casters cry.
    I don't think we're expected to help on them.
    (Generally) If the adds have low hp and are far away, we let others deal with them.
    Dk shouldn't have gap closers, they are the anti-movement, anti-caster class (or was, maybe they moved away from that mindset a little).
    We might become OP really fast if our dps is compensated much because of low mobility, it's kind of a dilemma.

Deleted
    But you do. Have you seen the Aggramar's change? That's over 20% permanent movespeed with proper frost itemization.

Ehhh As Unholy I was hoping for some mechanical changes with new baseline spells or talent reshuffles rather than small buffs to talents that we don't take, From a PvP standpoint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    But you do. Have you seen the Aggramar's change? That's over 20% permanent movespeed with proper frost itemization.
    (I know you are being sarcastic).
    Locking my movement on a Legendary, sounds great .

Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    still doesnt help the other poor bastards stuck with the bubble neck leggys, or those with none at all

still doesnt help the other poor bastards stuck with the bubble neck leggys, or those with none at all
    Eh bubble neck isn't to bad, I mean obviously dps legendary is more desired, but the neck piece makes you decently tanky and with the upcoming changes would be even better.

As frost I would take it over the helm in boss fights, and swap out between the other utility legendaries on a fight by fight basis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    You dont use RA for BoS build since you dont aa for jack nor take the talents that increase aa. Ideally you would go 3,3,2,x,x,3,2 and if you have the frost legendary ring like i do, You can get such a huge up time with breath. Only bad thing is, this build is lackluster in a m+ so you would probably go back to a Fsc build if you needed to aoe.
    I tried it that way on the PTR, but without the legendary ring, I found it was too hard to sustain. ERW with the talent actually helps a ton, but the high cooldown and low duration isn't enough to increase the uptime of BoS to acceptable levels. Then there's the fact that BoS itself is on a 2min CD, which means that you're gonna be looking at the boss for quite a while until you can finally use it again, during this time, the damage will be subpar at best, and even when BoS was up, my damage wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

I didn't put too many attempts into it, and obviously I'm not proficient enough at this specific spec right now to be able to make the call, but I feel like if they want to make BoS a thing, they're gonna have to make a few more tweaks, or we'll be forced to certain legendaries, and without them, it won't be possible.