Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Have you ever been star-struck?

I've met a few famous people in my time and to be honest I couldn't give 2 shits....until I met Gordie Howe. I was picking up a delivery of tables and chairs and there he was...he even helped me lift a table up a couple stairs. Wow! that was an amazing day for me. I asked him to body check me into a wall..but he laughed and declined.

Jupp, every morning when I look myself in the mirror.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Met Willie from Duck Dynasty at the airport, but I wouldn't say I was starstruck. He was actually totally cool taking pictures.

I did get the chance to meet Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger at a hockey game once, they were filming the gay cowboy movie around here at the time, and were guests of some corporate dude in their private box for the game. Dad also knew corporate dude who invited us down to the box to mingle for a bit during intermissions and after the game.

Cool dudes.

Also got a chance to chat briefly with Common a while back at the airport, talked about his work on Hell on Wheels, he was just flying back home after wrapping filming in the pincher creek area. Airport lounges ftw.

Name dropping like a boss.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I've met a few famous people in my time and to be honest I couldn't give 2 shits....until I met Gordie Howe. I was picking up a delivery of tables and chairs and there he was...he even helped me lift a table up a couple stairs. Wow! that was an amazing day for me. I asked him to body check me into a wall..but he laughed and declined.
    No, people who entertain for a living don't impress me. Maybe someone like Stephen Hawing would impress me, even then I would say "Cool to meet you, may I take a picture with you" I wouldn't act like "OMG OMG OMG" *squeels*

I have met Lindsey Stirling, chloe bennet, elizabeth henstridge, eliza dushku, Paige from the WWE, Terri Runnels from the WWE, My current crush however that I haven't met is Lindsey Morgan. Hoping she'll come back to wizard world in cleveland or columbus this year.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yes, was eating at a Restaurent in the late 90's in Copenhagen, when first Brian Laudrup and his wife, then Michael Laudrup and his wife then Peter Schmeichel passed right by my table followed by John Faxe Jensen and Kim Vilfort, obviously the first 3 made the biggest impression, I've always been a much bigger fan of Brian than Michael.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Yes, was eating at a Restaurent in the late 90's in Copenhagen, when first Brian Laudrup and his wife, then Michael Laudrup and his wife then Peter Schmeichel passed right by my table followed by John Faxe Jensen and Kim Vilfort, obviously the first 3 made the biggest impression, I've always been a much bigger fan of Brian than Michael.
    who? i'm clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    My first instinct upon spotting a famous person isn't to bother them.
    That's cos you're a limp wristed, timid, shy, little geek not because you don't want to lets be real about it. They're just people.......and its their job to be annoyed by the public. Most of those public figures are on massive $$ and fan interaction is part of their fuckin job description. They have to earn their money. They don't work any harder than a person doing a 9-5 job but these "stars" get payed ten times as much.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-11-30 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    That's cos you're a limp wristed, timid, shy, little geek not because you don't want to lets be real about it. They're just people.......and its their job to be annoyed by the public. Most of those public figures are on massive $$ and fan interaction is part of their fuckin job description. They have to earn their money. They don't work any harder than a person doing a 9-5 job but these "stars" get payed ten times as much.
    you had me at 10x as much lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I did get the chance to meet Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger at a hockey game once, they were filming the gay cowboy movie around here at the time, and were guests of some corporate dude in their private box for the game. Dad also knew corporate dude who invited us down to the box to mingle for a bit during intermissions and after the game.

Cool dudes.

Also got a chance to chat briefly with Common a while back at the airport, talked about his work on Hell on Wheels, he was just flying back home after wrapping filming in the pincher creek area. Airport lounges ftw.

Name dropping like a boss.
    Not really impressive. If you had met Leo or Chris Nolan then we'd be talking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I won't talk about the time I met Bryan Adam in an elevator back in the late 80's Calgary.

Emilie Simon and Caravan Palace (Zoe especially). Emilie Simon is a French singer who I fell in love with back in 2006. With me being from the US and her not being a huge superstar, I never thought I'd have the chance to see her perform, let alone meet her.

As things would turn out, she decided to move to NYC and had a small show for her new album. Of course I snagged up a ticket at the first chance. The venue was small, maybe 30 of us at individual tables spaced out around the bar. Very posh lounge. When she took the stage, I literally lost my breath. I've never been starstruck before but I was in the thick of it now. There she was, literally within arms length. She put on one hell of a evening

Afterward, she stepped away from the piano and came down off the stage, taking the path right by my table. She walked up to me and thanked ME for coming. And in a most embarrassing moment, I hopped up, shook her awaiting hand and nearly tackled the poor lady as I went in for the hug. The whole place started laughing, she started laughing (thankfully). I came back to myself and apologized, but she said it was fine.

Leaving that venue, I was given a flyer for upcoming shows. Another little known French band, Caravan Palace was coming the following week. Figured I'd check em out and fell in love with em. They've since blown up pretty damn huge with the rise of electroswing, and I see em every time they come around. The first time I met Zoe we got some pictures and talked for a bit. She's silly as hell and so much fun.

They did a show this year and I ended up hanging out with Zoe again after the show, but this time the entire band as well. Went to the "unofficial" after party that turned into the official when the band and myself walked in. I wasn't necessarily starstruck, and I've meet some of my favorite bands before (was in the music video of one of em!) but this was the first time I ever rolled into an after party with a band. Felt mighty fine
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-11-30 at 10:15 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Emilie Simon and Caravan Palace (Zoe especially). Emilie Simon is a French singer who I fell in love with back in 2008. With me being from the US and her not being a huge superstar, I never thought I'd have the chance to see her perform, let alone meet her.

As things would turn out, she decided to move to NYC and had a small show for her new album. Of course I snagged up a ticket at the first chance. The venue was small, maybe 30 of us at individual tables spaced out around the bar. Very posh lounge. When she took the stage, I literally lost my breath. I've never been starstruck before but I was in the thick of it now. There she was, literally within arms length. She put on one hell of a evening

Afterward, she stepped away from the piano and came down off the stage, taking the path right by my table. She walked up to me and thanked ME for coming. And in a most embarrassing moment, I hopped up, shook her awaiting hand and nearly tackled the poor lady as I went in for the hug. The whole place started laughing, she started laughing (thankfully). I came back to myself and apologized, but she said it was fine.

Leaving that venue, I was given a flyer for upcoming shows. Another little known French band, Caravan Palace was coming the following week. Figured I'd check em out and fell in love with em. They've since blown up pretty damn huge with the rise of electroswing, and I see em every time they come around. The first time I met Zoe we got some pictures and talked for a bit. She's silly as hell and so much fun.

They did a show this year and I ended up hanging out with Zoe again after the show, but this time the entire band as well. Went to the "unofficial" after party that turned into the official when the band and myself walked in. I wasn't necessarily starstruck, and I've meet some of my favorite bands before (was in the music video of one of em!) but this was the first time I ever rolled into an after party with a band. Felt mighty fine

I loved every word you just typed. Good story

I'm from Texas... used to live in San Antonio. I'm a BIG Spurs fan...

About 8 or so years ago... my husband (then fiance) were out shopping around for a bed or a futon for our new apartment. We found this little store off Bandera RD on Northside. We found what we wanted there, and decided to get get a quick cup of coffee from the Starbucks next door. OH MY GOD. The moment I entered... I saw the tallest black guy ever (he was about 7ft)... only to realize it was David Robinson! This was way after he retired back in 2003... but he was the nicest guy ever! I also never realized how short I was :P Only 5'3, and came up to his bicep.

Said our hi's, got a picture, and moved on with our lives. But yeah, I was star struck. I managed to keep my cool though. Simply because he and Tim Duncan were always my two favorites!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    I'm from Texas... used to live in San Antonio. I'm a BIG Spurs fan...

About 8 or so years ago... my husband (then fiance) were out shopping around for a bed or a futon for our new apartment. We found this little store off Bandera RD on Northside. We found what we wanted there, and decided to get get a quick cup of coffee from the Starbucks next door. OH MY GOD. The moment I entered... I saw the tallest black guy ever (he was about 7ft)... only to realize it was David Robinson! This was way after he retired back in 2003... but he was the nicest guy ever! I also never realized how short I was :P Only 5'3, and came up to his bicep.

Said our hi's, got a picture, and moved on with our lives. But yeah, I was star struck. I managed to keep my cool though. Simply because he and Tim Duncan were always my two favorites!
    there is something about meeting your sports heroes. and Eddie Murphy.

I was pretty star struck when I met Lindsey Stirling. Was at her show in Interlochen, MI in July. Had so much I wanted to say to her but I got nervous and only got a little bit of it out. Got a hug from her and a good picture though. She really is good people.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I've ever been "star struck" was when I met the singer of one of my favorite bands. She was greeting everyone after the show and I got to give her a hug and get a picture. Was pretty cool.

I do nerd out with the best Melee players too but it's not really star struck just amazed at their level of play in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not like she's some kind of huge superstar but...

I'm a big fan of a dutch band called Stream of Passion, saw them live a couple of times. Now after 13 years the band is quitting, but the lead singer (Marcela Bovio) is starting a solo career on her own. I went to see one of her solo shows in the Netherlands in a small club, couldn't have been more than 40 people in the audience.

After the show I went to the small merchandise stand to buy a shirt. I looked up from the shirts to the guy selling the shirt, and it's the bass player of the band Stream of Passion. Only then I remembered, he's her husband. Then I looked behind me and there she was. She greeted us and thanked us for coming to see the show.
    I thanked her for sharing her beautiful voice with the world, she signed my friend's CD, and we left. Back in the car I realized what just happened and yeah, I was a little starstruck
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not really, but I'm also a rather withdrawn and introspective person so I might give the appearance of being "star-struck" regardless of who I'm being forced to interact with. Social interaction was never really my forte, and I'm also not good at recognizing people I don't personally know. I once had a several minutes-long conversation with Stephen King at a book signing and had no idea who I was talking to until the next day.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead