Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think additional butthurt is the only thing being detected this election.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataya View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38149406

Is it me or do white supremacists view him as a leader?

Make sure you watch the video.
    The only real difference between the alt-right, Trump supporters and the old far right is simply one of branding.

If you read far right websites eg various incarnations of the KKK they sound exactly like your typical Trump supporter. There's this obsession with continually re-stating that they are not racist and that whites are being victimized. Obviously the KKK are lying about this: they used to lynch black people. They've been using this strategy far longer than Trump supporters have existed. This is why people on the Left think Trump supporters are unreconstructed racists-there is no real difference between them.

I'm not sure whether Trump supporters are closet far right supporters or simply have no idea they sound exactly the same as far right groups. Their seems to be a disturbing trend emerging even on the centre-left where people pretend that Trump supporters aren't racist solely, it seems, on the basis that Trump actually won the election. There are a great many racist leaders who won democratic elections: having popular support does not mean that accusation is baseless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Show me some anti-white bullying, discrimination, oppression, suppression and economic exclusion.
    Denying that it exist is the proof that it exist. Because all of those things you just named, I'll never convince you, because you're so deeply indoctrinated into believing it's not true that your brain will simply bypass the proof. Like every other person on the internet who takes an aggressive stance initially when answering someone's post. You're not curious to see my point, you're just waiting to see what I write so you can throw at me anything in the hope of emptying your rage meter because you'd never be able to do it in the real world.

But if I'm genuinely wrong about my initial perception of you, then you should look into "Angry White Man/Male", how "White people can never know racism" or how white people are "privileged". These things are rethorics that are being used plenty, but in fact represent a nasty case of racism toward people of white skin - based on actions they didn't do themselves or thoughts they don't believe themselves, but rather being stigmatized because of what their fathers and grandfathers did -- yet being stereotyped as if they were being that way themselves.

Don't misunderstand my point for ignorance of real racism. It happens, same thing for Homophobia -- which I've experienced from an individual point of view --, same thing for Sexism, same thing for Transphobia, etc -- it's also wide and mostly happening in more conservative areas. But the disdain the "good thinking", also commonly called "Politically Correct", liberal left has for people based on completely awful color stereotypes would quite literally create a complete societal breakdown if it was applied in our modern world against people of color that are not whites.

For instance, just take the three terms I've used about white people: "Angry White Man/Male", how "White people can never know racism" or how white people are "privileged". These stereotypes have a little bit of truth: There are angry white males, there are white people who truly think people of color are inferior and there are white people who are priviledged (yes, there are less white people in ghettos).

Now, lets flip it: Angry afro-american male, "Afro-American people can never know racism" or how afro-americans are "privileged". There are angry agro-american males, there are afro-american people who truly think that racism toward whites is impossible and there are Afro-American who are priviledged (yes, there are a fair number of rich Afro-American in America, although non-proportional to population percentage).

If you look at the odds of becoming a millionnaire, Asians have better odds than Whites in America: http://www.bloomberg.com/features/20...lionaire-odds/

Shouldn't we then use the term "Asian Privilege"?

For me, personally, I'd rather just think that any person suffering from racial bias should be helped, regardless of his/her color or cultural roots. That includes White people.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the reality that a whole lot of people are trying desperately to deny:

Since the elections two things have happened:
    1) People felt empowered to threaten, attack, and do other acts invoking either Trump or his policies. This has happened personally to several people I know so all of you false flag people can fuck right off.

2) People were angry about the election and some lashed out at people who either identified themselves as Trump voters or who were perceived as Trump voters.

Both of these are awful and unacceptable.

There are a lot more incidents of #1 than #2.

No side is pure here and BOTH sides have faked incidents by really really stupid people, however the sheer volume of threats, notes, and comments that people felt Trump made OK has been staggering. Fortunately the acts of actual physical violence have been low.

Does this take in account all the false claims of " hate crimes"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Here is the reality that a whole lot of people are trying desperately to deny:

Since the elections two things have happened:
    1) People felt empowered to threaten, attack, and do other acts invoking either Trump or his policies. This has happened personally to several people I know so all of you false flag people can fuck right off.

2) People were angry about the election and some lashed out at people who either identified themselves as Trump voters or who were perceived as Trump voters.

Both of these are awful and unacceptable.

There are a lot more incidents of #1 than #2.

No side is pure here and BOTH sides have faked incidents by really really stupid people, however the sheer volume of threats, notes, and comments that people felt Trump made OK has been staggering. Fortunately the acts of actual physical violence have been low.
    Cute opinion. Got any actual facts or are you just being a butthurt liberal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Does this take in account all the false claims of " hate crimes"?
    So that makes hate crimes ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Provide proof please.
    Google is hard.

Way to miss the point.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Define "hate crime". Then show me statistics of all crimes committed out of love and/or compassion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Cute opinion. Got any actual facts or are you just being a butthurt liberal?
    I'm running under the assumption I don't have to link (or re-link) the reported incidents of notes, threats, etc received to both minorities as well as trump voters?

So if we accept that this is happening I can only assume your "butthurt liberal" comment is to try to ad hominem my point about the volume -- which if you just look at lists of incidents reported one is longer than the other.

I'm a bit surprised this isn't common knowledge at this point given how easily accessable this information is.

People are acting in bad faith, taking the election and the emotions around it to ask like total dicks to people they don't like. It's not really new, it's just...more prevalent and personal. Conservatives acted awful when Obama was elected, but it was directed at Obama (mostly). For some reason people are attacked each other after this election. That's...not good.

- - - Updated - - -

Way to miss the point.
    After hearing that response whenever hate crimes are mentioned I can only conclude it's used to justify hate crimes. Because there is really no other reason to make a statement like that without additional context. You'll have to forgive me if I'm out of patience with this discussion. People I know have been attacked -- don't expect me to play nice.

Don't bother in their bubble nothing bad has happened, Trump has won and on day one in office he will use his magic powers to bring "law and order".

I expect you not to put words in my mouth, show me where I said " hate crimes are fine". You won't, it's just you being intellectually dishonest, and refusing to accept that is also been happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Define "hate crime". Then show me statistics of all crimes committed out of love and/or compassion.
    A hate crime is one where a non-personal attribute is the motive for the crime -- IE - race, religion, gender, immigration status and I'll even add voting preference.

So when a stranger went up to a friend of mine who is asian and said "good thing Trump was elected so he can ship you back to China" -- that is a "crime" (using the term loosely obviously) that was solely done because she was asian -- thus a hate crime.

Similarly people who attacked people who worse a Trump shirt just because they were wearing a Trump shirt is also a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Don't bother in their bubble nothing bad has happened, Trump has won and on day one in office he will use his magic powers to bring "law and order".
    Ah another soldier with a reading comprehension disorder, welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect you not to put words in my mouth, show me where I said " hate crimes are fine". You won't, it's just you being intellectually dishonest, and refusing to accept that is also been happening.
    What has also been happening that I haven't accepted?

The faked incidents which I acknowledged in my initial post?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataya View Post
    His cabinet selection says otherwise.

Do you honestly think he would have said something else publicly?

Also that doesn't change the fact that they still think him as there leader, regardless if is true or not.

I wonder why that is. I am guessing they share the same views.
    That's just about as relevant as the black panthers thinking Obama was their leader. Pretty silly

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm sure the earth is flat according to many of them too. Trump didn't get any significant increase in voter turnout compared to other republicans in past years.

The conclusion: the claim is bunch of crap.

Yet he won the Rust Belt which Romney hadn't. That fact alone proves your theory false.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Ah another soldier with a reading comprehension disorder, welcome!
    Aren't you late for your regular prayer for your god emperor?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    A hate crime is one where a non-personal attribute is the motive for the crime -- IE - race, religion, gender, immigration status and I'll even add voting preference.

So when a stranger went up to a friend of mine who is asian and said "good thing Trump was elected so he can ship you back to China" -- that is a "crime" (using the term loosely obviously) that was solely done because she was asian -- thus a hate crime.

Similarly people who attacked people who worse a Trump shirt just because they were wearing a Trump shirt is also a hate crime.
    That is not a crime, that is just talking shit, which is free speech.

If someone went up to your asian friend and knocked her fuckin teeth out because shes asian, that would be a hate crime.

People attacking Trump supporters is not really a hate crime although you could technically consider it as "prejudice"