Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Exclamation Warlock: The Death of a Class in WoW

Finally blizzard did it, I have decided to quit my warlock, we just got lies since alpha and things are not gonna change, every time we got dissapointment after dissapointment from blizzard, they really dont care of the game any longer, they just want to make profit. I have decided to unsubscribe an stop giving them money. Was good while lasted but PTR changes are not going to fix us.

Was expecting a bit more than an "I quit" post with a title like that.

Does that mean you'll finally stop posting the same shit on this forum?

I mean is warlock even that bad? What is it that people are so upset about because the warlocks I talk to are pretty happy with the state of their class in terms of damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    Does that mean you'll finally stop posting the same shit on this forum?
    Looked at his post history since you said something and wow.

Like... this is log data from the last two weeks. Warlocks seem pretty good to me.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#

I mean they're better than a lot of other specs. All of their specs have fights that suite them more than the other ones. Running Demo/Destro is pretty easy and covers most situations unless you need to farm mythic plus in which case you really need to build up a second set. I don't see the issue really.

I really don't understand your doom and gloom whining. Looking at every single percentile you seem warlocks up very high with affliction and destro or demo is usually higher than most other specs as well. Looks like warlock is better than either druid dps spec.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-11-30 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Like... this is log data from the last two weeks. Warlocks seem pretty good to me.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#

I mean they're better than a lot of other specs. All of their specs have fights that suite them more than the other ones. Running Demo/Destro is pretty easy and covers most situations unless you need to farm mythic plus in which case you really need to build up a second set. I don't see the issue really.

I really don't understand your doom and gloom whining.
    Think it has to do with 7.1.5 class changes and number tuning.

Hyperbole much, OP?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Literally nothing is changing though except for a few talents getting buffed. I don't see any nerfs to the class at all so far unless I'm missing them. Yeah other classes are receiving buffs but warlock wasn't in a bad spot to begin with. It's like... frost dk is getting no changes aside from shitty talents getting buffed including the entire Breath of Sindragosa build but that won't affect the best build currently. I don't see any frost dks really complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean is warlock even that bad? What is it that people are so upset about because the warlocks I talk to are pretty happy with the state of their class in terms of damage output.
    damage isn't really the problem for lots of people

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I thought 7.1.5 numbers tuning was still a long way off, has something changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I thought 7.1.5 numbers tuning was still a long way off, has something changed?
    I'm speaking more generally in that people are looking at spell changes and playing on the ptr and complaining (and like you said, number tuning isn't for a while).

Im going to go with he's a pvper, and theres some significant changes to pvp talents.

note:
    •Curse of Shadows Name changed from "Curse of Shadows " to "Curse of Shadows". Increases the damage taken by all magical damage over time effects by 50% for Magical damage over time effects will strike the target an additional time for 50% of their damage as Shadow. Lasts 10 sec. Affliction Warlock - Tier 5 PvP Talent. 4% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown. 30 sec cooldown.

•Rot and Decay Affliction: Your Drain Soul refreshes the duration of Each time your Drain Soul deals damage, it increases the duration of your Unstable Affliction, Corruption and Agony on the target. Demonology, Destruction: Your Drain Life refreshes the duration of Unstable Affliction, Corruption and Agony on the target by 1 sec. Affliction Warlock - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

•Soulshatter Name changed from "Soulshatter " to "Soulshatter". Instantly clears Consumes all of your damage over time effects on the nearest 5 5 nearest enemies within 40 yards, dealing 10% of their total health in Shadow damage. For each enemy hit by Soulshatter, you gain 1 Soul Shard and 10% spell haste for 8 sec. Stacks up to 5 times Haste for 8 sec. Affliction Warlock - Tier 4 PvP Talent. Instant. 60 sec cooldown. 100 yd range. Instant. 60 sec cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    damage isn't really the problem for lots of people
    I've played the class. I don't see any issues with it. What sorts of thing are people whining about? Personally I love destro and demo in their current "best" iterations. The only thing I dislike is Soul Effigy on affliction. Other than the class is great.

Bah, if it's pvp he's worried about, There a new talent that is going to make healerscry an ocean on the forums: deaths embrace. It's sooooo gonna get nerfed.

Unstable affliction, agony and corruption deal 100% more damage to targets under 30% health.

Combine that with Malefic grasp...and curse of shadows....

But as far as pve goes we're in a decent place. Tho I do enjoy raiding on my lock a lot more than doing mythic+s

Annoyed with people hating on effigy too. If you can't use effigy, you obviously can't multidot, in which case, Aff ain't for you.
    Last edited by Xeranath; 2016-11-30 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the class. I don't see any issues with it. What sorts of thing are people whining about? Personally I love destro and demo in their current "best" iterations. The only thing I dislike is Soul Effigy on affliction. Other than the class is great.
    The current pets that demo summons are boring both visually and mechanically, demonic empowerment is broken and if you want to aoe or burst targets you need to be set up to only do that effectively. WoD, MoP and even cata destro shit on this version of destro. Chaos bolt takes too long to cast for pretty crap damage compared to the past. shard generation is rng which in single target is horrific and the entire spec has to be balanced around a single talent in wreak havoc. Affliction, whilst finally refocusing on DoTs ( a big complaint since mists revamp) is incredibly boring without soul effigy and incredibly frustrating with soul effigy. It's also a shadow of what it once was in terms of adaptability (same can be said for destro) and is a visual black hole.To me all 3 specs feel like they gave up half way through design and decided to go do a class they understood more like mages or death knights. There's also bullshit like removing animations from destro and handing them to mages for no fucking reason other than forcing every spec to use soul shards in some misguided attempt to make the specs in the game feel less similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Bah, if it's pvp he's worried about, There a new talent that is going to make healerscry an ocean on the forums: deaths embrace. It's sooooo gonna get nerfed.

Unstable affliction, agony and corruption deal 100% more damage to targets under 30% health.

Combine that with Malefic grasp...and curse of shadows....

But as far as pve goes we're in a decent place. Tho I do enjoy raiding on my lock a lot more than doing mythic+s

Annoyed with people hating on effigy too. If you can't use effigy, you obviously can't multidot, in which case, Aff ain't for you.
    As if people hate on effigy because they cant multidot? No1 has said that effigy sucks because its hard to multidot, its just a immobile piece of shit that in a raid enviorment forces you to play like a fucking retard when its a high movement fight. That ability is just a lazy mechanic from blizzards side, horrible game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    I hate it and can use it plenty fine. It just has too many issues.

What I am mad at most is Blizzard's attitude, they say one thing and do the other, they kept saying warlock has issues but refuse to fix them, they said they want double down on our tankyness, but they nerf our demon skin, they say will give back more unitiy and more baseline ablitiy but all they did is give those back to mages and hunters. Lie after lie, over look after over look, nerf after nerf, thats all the ever do to warlocks.

This isn't about damage, meters, or even bad class design, it is the "take it or leave it" attitude that made a lot of people want to quit the game.

So stop using "logs" to try to prove warlocks are in ok spot, because even if it shows that we do (which we are totally not), the class is still a complete mess, and hell the play with.
    Last edited by sd2400533; 2016-11-30 at 11:11 PM.

Admittedly I finished leveling my shadow priest (guess I just love t3h dots) and am ramping up weapon on that toon. I still have a great time playing my affliction lock but I make the damn mistake of looking at meters lol