Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    I might have to finally come back and check Legion out, just to see if it's as good/bad as everyone says it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CatOfHearts View Post
    I might have to finally come back and check Legion out, just to see if it's as good/bad as everyone says it is.
    It is the best expansion to date.

Just remember that most people here consider it cool to hate everything blizzard does, that the game is horrible and theyve never once made any right decision or once done anything good.

Its considered uncool to praise blizzard or like the game in any way, shape or form by these clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    How? Sure the leveling/story was fun but outside that it hasn't been amazing enough to be considered the best xpac to date. If anything I'd rate it as either 3rd or 4th but even then I don't know because I played Cata/WoD/MoP all more than Legion.
    Keeping in mind that this is all subjective...

I don't feel like the game progressed like it did in BC/WOTLK if anything the game regressed and assumes I'm a idiot who will sit at a slot machine all day and press 2 or 3 buttons. The depth of classes is at a all time low and even if the raiding is super cool it's mind numbingly boring to do.
    As a whole, I don't know how the specs now compare to WoD, because I'm not playing the same classes and specs now that I played in WoD. However, in terms of rotation, on average they're certainly more complex than TBC and WotLK, at least from the ones I've played. Gearing is simpler, in that there are not stat caps you have to gear around, but the rotation requires more effort and reaction.

As an example, here is what fire mage looked like in WotLK:
    -Cast scorch once every 30 seconds to keep the 5% crit raid debuff on the boss, if you're the one doing this.
    -Hit Pyroblast when you have Hot Streak.
    -Hit Living Bomb once the previous one has detonated.
    -Spam Fireball

Similar to today's rotation except no fire blast to force hot streak procs, no firebirds, Combustion didn't have the interactions it does today so you just hit it on cooldown and kept your normal rotation.... that was pretty much it.

What made the system feel more complex was that you also needed to hit the hit cap, most slots had an enchantment, all your good gear had gem slots that had to be gemmed, your helm needed a good meta gem.... there was a lot of prep and setup to the character outside the raid that could make or break you before you cast your first spell. Is that better or worse than a system with less setup to the gear, but more reaction and complexity to the rotation? Subjective. I enjoyed and enjoy both.

- Legendary system was a terrible idea.
    The system, I would argue, is not terrible in and of itself. The fact that the legendary items are so wildly disparate in terms of power makes it problematic. There will always be a BiS, yes, but you shouldn't feel crushing disappointment because you happened to get the Magnum Opus or Sephuz's Secret as a DPS.
    - RNG loot system was a terrible idea.
    Subjective. I think it's worked out relatively well, personally... the odds of getting anything substantial from lower difficulty content are so low that unless you're in one of the best guilds in the world, there is no need to grind low mythics just for that.
    - Class balance is a mess on top of that RNG makes it worse.
    Class balance being off is always a problem, and available gear always confounds that. I would argue that being able to get higher level versions of dungeon gear actually helps, because if you want stats you can't get in EN or ToV, you actually have an alternative. This is not a problem unique to Legion.
    - Class pruning is at a all time high. Prot Warriors getting further pruned soon is hilarious.
    Whether this is problematic is, again, subjective. Not all specs lost a great deal, and some of what was lost was ultimately irrelevant. We still have more useful buttons to hit than we did during TBC or WotLK, on average... my paladin isn't re-casting seals every 9 seconds, or greater blessings on the entire raid every hour, but I actually have a dps rotation as Ret, and Holy Paladin in TBC consisted of Holy Light and Flash of Light, using downranked versions to conserve mana, and a Holy Shock that was terrible and used only when you had to move. If you want to complain about this, you'll need specific examples, and why you think it's actually hurting either the game as a whole, or a spec in particular.
    - Some classes got gutted to be a shell of their former self. Warlock/Hunter
    These two classes had some specs that had their core identity reworked. I think that was probably a bad idea. I haven't played them so don't know how well they're working, but I think there is definitely cause for concern or complaint from these classes.
    - Alts are thrown to the side like we aint been using them to fill time for the past 10 years.
    I do think the Artifact Knowledge situation makes alts difficult to work with if you actually want to do anything serious with them, but I won't complain about having things to do on my main. I do hope that if they do a system similar to AK in the future, it's either account wide or severely discounted/accelerated for alts.
    - AP/AK is honestly extremely stupid. I don't feel good about doing boring shit to boost it when I can AFK in my Hall for 3 months get 5000% more AP and just go do Suramar and have my entire thing finished in a few days. This is literally what I'm doing with alts right now.
    -While I dislike how AK works with regard to alts or trying to switch mains, I have no problem with the idea in concept. If you're in a cutting edge, guild you'll be grinding to get as much as you can, but otherwise... you just play the game, and you'll get a decent chunk of AP. My paladin keeps her Ret and Prot artifacts equally leveled, and I'm not anywhere near hardcore this expansion, and they've both got 29 traits in them. I fully expect to have 35 in each before too long.

Alts being strongly benefitted by getting leveled earlier and then sitting in the order hall letting research run is a problem, but one that I think they are trying to fix. That's only one aspect of the system, though, and if you're not enjoying doing any of the things that give you AP, then the problem is probably that you dont' enjoy playing the game, which is completely unrelated.

- PvP is probably the worst it has ever been.
    I don't PvP, so I have no opinion this.

What justifies this as the "best" xpac to date?
    -A daily quest system superior to any of the others we've seen. You don't have the exact same quests every day, you can do as many or as few as you like, the emissaries give extra bonuses and you only have to pursue those once every few days, and the rewards are useful even after you hit exalted reputation.
    -Dungeons are enjoyable this expansion, and honestly this my favorite set of dungeons since WotLK. (Cata, MoP, and WoD all had at least a couple of dungeons I just hated doing, this is the first expansion since WotLK where there is not a single dungeon I dread having come up when I do a random heroic or mythic keystone)
    -Mythic Keystones mean that dungeons remain relevant, and provide something interesting to do outside of raids that's still focused on instanced group content
    -The scaled leveling worked surprisingly well (I was dubious going in)
    -The story while leveling was interesting, and each zone had a relatively independent story. I'm not sure it was the best story ever, but it was interesting, and the leveling was good enough I don't dread the idea of going through it again (whereas I absolutely loathe the idea of leveling through WoD again at this point.)
    -Artifact Power means that there is a source of character progression available even if all I do is log on and do some world quests. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

In short, for the content I do and enjoy, Legion provides a wealth of content that is enjoyable, and while it has some problems, they don't get in the way of enjoying the game. If you disagree, you're welcome to. I don't think Legion is the best, necessarily, but it's miles better than Cata or WoD were. Beyond that, I'll need to wait and see how the rest of the expansion progresses to compare it to the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could enjoy the content as much as all the other people in this thread but I feel like I'm being punished when I log onto my lock which has been my main since I started playing the game. Shame almost every other classes bores the shit out of me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    It is the best expansion to date.

Just remember that most people here consider it cool to hate everything blizzard does, that the game is horrible and theyve never once made any right decision or once done anything good.

Its considered uncool to praise blizzard or like the game in any way, shape or form by these clowns.
    Aye people don't actually have opinions they just want to bash perfect untouchable all knowing all powerful Blizzard. Fuck off to church with that shite.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only seems good because WoD was such utter shit.

Deleted
    People say Legion is the "best" xpac to date?

How?
    People are retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    How?
    Because people have opinions? I mean, who doesn't have a favorite xpac?

Deleted
    WotLK was the best expansion in this game. All around a great expansion - i couldn't find anything negative about it in my opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    its a good expansion, best no, but the thing is it pulled back from the shit of wod, and that is an acheivement...

there is alot of flaws, but alot of these flaws are minor, or just bigger versions of annoyances we have allways had like RNG, but as there is not a ton to complain about, people blow stuff out of the water

the only current MAJOR problem with legion
    is the class balance, and that is allways an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know about best, but i like some of the things legion introduced, and i hate others. the ones i hate drag the expansion down too much for me.

example,
    i love the artifact system, the idea behind it at least, but it becomes stale in the end and you feel too punished for making mistakes early on, or changing spec later on.
    world quests are cool, i prefer this system over daily quest system of the past
    class hall is a million times better than garrison
    pvp talents and ranking up are really cool, one of my favourite things in legion that i have no complaints about.
    some class redesigns really made the specs a lot more fun to play, its just a shame class balance (in pvp) is worse than its been in a long time

but the bad....

artifacts like i said
    professions
    pvp gear... how could they make getting pvp geared worse than it was? well by making it completely random what peice you'll get, insuring you'll never actually the bit you want. since legion launched i have never got the shoulders as a reward on my death knight, i want them for transmog, but all i ever get are the same rings, neck, cloak and boots over and over again, no shoulders, no head so far.
    professions
    sauramar city, to hell with that entire place
    legendary system, how that idea got approved at blizzard and they genuinely thought rng legendaries were a good idea, i'll never know
    some class redesigns are really bad from a "is it fun?" perspective, looking at you BM and MM hunter.

may not seem like major bad points, and i probably missed some big ones, but they really drag down the expansion for me and hinder me from enjoying it
    dragonmaw - EU

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    It only seems good because WoD was such utter shit.
    Sometimes I think that the secret is: Buy one expansion, skip the next, repeat.
    Buy WotLK! Skip Cata. Pandaria? There's content there! But avoid WoD. Legion? Give it a try. ...Watch whatever comes next carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definately think World of Warcraft is a better game now than it has ever been. Not from a hardcore raiders viewpoint, but from the viewpoint of someone who just enjoys playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry friend Legion not being very good has given me considerable amount of time off playing games.
    yet you choose to spend a good amount of thought during that free time thinking about why people shouldnt like legion... sounds like you need a new hobby other than just random free time

all of your points ive seen people thoroughly enjoy, or not have a problem with. its almost like everything you said is purely subjective and shouldnt be taken as fact... weird
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    This is the biggest case of stockholm syndrome I've ever seen.
    That award goes to the people who are complaining about how they're not having fun but continuing to play.

Vanilla>BC>Wrath>MoP/Legion>WoD>Cata

Thumbs up

Legion is so much better than previous expansions. The only reason some players don’t realize is rose-colored glasses toward previous xpacs. WotLK is usually voted the best xpac, so let’s compare:

Both have strong characters: Tirion and Arthas, Khadgar and Gul’dan, Velen and Kil’Jaeden…

Both have excellent art. I’ll give WotLK credit for better music, at least so far.

Both have great cinematics: Wrathgate and Broken Shore, Bolvar and Varian.

Both have great story lines: Drakuru in Zul Drak, Thalysra in Suramar.

It’s hard to compare the raid instances, because most of Legion’s aren’t out yet. Do we compare Emerald Nightmare to ICC or to Nax? Maybe ToV to ToC? The biggest changes between raiding Legion and WotLK are loot lockouts over raid lockouts and flex raiding for N and H. Both go a long ways to improve the overall experience, imho. You don’t have to fear helping a friend with his pug early in the week; it won’t lock you out of any other attempts even if the group is fail. And it’s great being able to adjust your raid size to the guild mates you have to work with.

WotLK had some fun dungeons, but only the last three were challenging. Halls of Reflection continues to be my all-time favorite, but M+ is my favorite innovation in the history of WoW. Serious 5-man progression content! Rotating weekly affixes that keep the experience fresh even when running the same dungeons. M+ has absolutely pushed me to develop my bag of tricks and become a better tank. More so than any raid ever has. The dungeons themselves are diverse and fun and interesting, everything from trippy nightmares to a ship of the damned tossed about on stormy seas to a polite garden party at a noble’s house in the finest city Blizz has ever produced! And still more to come!

WotLK gave us Ulduar, one of the most beloved instances in the history of WoW.
    Legion has given us Return to Karazhan, a worthy double helping of the other most beloved instance in the history of WoW. Can we all agree that they did an amazing job with Kara? I mean, they stayed true to the original, very much kept the same spirit and feel, while adding several creative new boss fights. Return to Karazhan might be my favorite instance in the game; it’s getting harder to choose.

WotLK did NOT have transmog (we were ragamuffins ), let alone the current wardrobe system, did not have reagents tabs for your bank, did not have artifacts you could use to progress your character even after hitting max level.
    I loved WotLK, but overall I’ll take Legion as the best xpac ever. And it’s just getting started! We still have Nighthold, Sargeras’s Tomb, and the journey to Argus ahead! When enough time has gone by for players to look at Legion through rose-colored glasses, I think it will stand head and shoulders above the expansions before it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Legion is so much better than previous expansions. The only reason some players don’t realize is rose-colored glasses toward previous xpacs. WotLK is usually voted the best xpac, so let’s compare:

Both have strong characters: Tirion and Arthas, Khadgar and Gul’dan, Velen and Kil’Jaeden…

Both have excellent art. I’ll give WotLK credit for better music, at least so far.

Both have great cinematics: Wrathgate and Broken Shore, Bolvar and Varian.

Both have great story lines: Drakuru in Zul Drak, Thalysra in Suramar.

It’s hard to compare the raid instances, because most of Legion’s aren’t out yet. Do we compare Emerald Nightmare to ICC or to Nax? Maybe ToV to ToC? The biggest changes between raiding Legion and WotLK are loot lockouts over raid lockouts and flex raiding for N and H. Both go a long ways to improve the overall experience, imho. You don’t have to fear helping a friend with his pug early in the week; it won’t lock you out of any other attempts even if the group is fail. And it’s great being able to adjust your raid size to the guild mates you have to work with.

WotLK had some fun dungeons, but only the last three were challenging. Halls of Reflection continues to be my all-time favorite, but M+ is my favorite innovation in the history of WoW. Serious 5-man progression content! Rotating weekly affixes that keep the experience fresh even when running the same dungeons. M+ has absolutely pushed me to develop my bag of tricks and become a better tank. More so than any raid ever has. The dungeons themselves are diverse and fun and interesting, everything from trippy nightmares to a ship of the damned tossed about on stormy seas to a polite garden party at a noble’s house in the finest city Blizz has ever produced! And still more to come!

WotLK gave us Ulduar, one of the most beloved instances in the history of WoW.
    Legion has given us Return to Karazhan, a worthy double helping of the other most beloved instance in the history of WoW. Can we all agree that they did an amazing job with Kara? I mean, they stayed true to the original, very much kept the same spirit and feel, while adding several creative new boss fights. Return to Karazhan might be my favorite instance in the game; it’s getting harder to choose.

WotLK did NOT have transmog (we were ragamuffins ), let alone the current wardrobe system, did not have reagents tabs for your bank, did not have artifacts you could use to progress your character even after hitting max level.
    I loved WotLK, but overall I’ll take Legion as the best xpac ever. And it’s just getting started! We still have Nighthold, Sargeras’s Tomb, and the journey to Argus ahead! When enough time has gone by for players to look at Legion through rose-colored glasses, I think it will stand head and shoulders above the expansions before it.
    Hat's off to you Sir.
    That pretty much sums it up. So far ... Legion is good!
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .