Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New look on MMO-C

Why do some people appear to have a solid green box around their name and others don't? What is this?

Good question! Mods, tell us more!

Edit: I am assuming it's the OP of the thread.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently its means they are the OP.

this must be a recent change, in last week.
    its a good change as well.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It indicates they're the OP.
    Shit... you know, I felt kinda proud at my deduction powers... now I feel stupid for not reading your post. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Shit... you know, I felt kinda proud at my deduction powers... now I feel stupid for not reading your post. :P
    I had seen another page where multiple people had the box. Maybe I was mistaken and it was the same guy aka the OP. I will have to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I had seen another page where multiple people had the box. Maybe I was mistaken and it was the same guy aka the OP. I will have to see.
    There was a glitch earlier this week where everyone got the green box, as they were editing this in live. It's a brand-new feature and they're still tweaking things.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There was a glitch earlier this week where everyone got the green box, as they were editing this in live. It's a brand-new feature and they're still tweaking things.
    Wait, it takes them 3 days to go from "idea!" to "Ok, we'll just QA this on live!" but they take fucking years and years to do something like post quote notifications? Endus... what do they do all day long? :P

Deleted
    It means you're very special and dear to someone.

Other than your mom.

The green is a bit dark, maybe make it the same color as the green in the mmo-champ logo on top of page?

10+ Year Old Account
    chaud just hates us. He won't even let us embed tweets or give us new user titles or a voting system or anything else I've asked for.
    I can understand the tweet embedding. It's kind of messy to do. User titles I think would be fine. I think the forums are cancerous enough without a voting system though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    The green is a bit dark, maybe make it the same color as the green in the mmo-champ logo on top of page?
    I believe they had to go with the darker green due to the Moderators names being hard to read in the lighter green version they were using originally.

I don't know if highlighting the OP's name is of any real practical use, starting a thread does not give one divine knowledge or special powers. OR DOES IT?

MMOC is truly ahead of its time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    ...starting a thread does not give one divine knowledge or special powers. OR DOES IT?

And therein lies the crux of the biscuit...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't know if highlighting the OP's name is of any real practical use, starting a thread does not give one divine knowledge or special powers. OR DOES IT?
    It gives us AUTHORITY and a MORAL HIGHGROUND when telling people to stop fucking about in our threads!

(to be read in Clint Eastwood's voice): Get outta my thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Wait, it takes them 3 days to go from "idea!" to "Ok, we'll just QA this on live!" but they take fucking years and years to do something like post quote notifications? Endus... what do they do all day long? :P
    I wasn't a developer for the site until earlier this year, so outside of security fixes we had no one working on the site. Post quote notifications were much more work than a simple color change for the OPs name.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I wasn't a developer for the site until earlier this year, so outside of security fixes we had no one working on the site. Post quote notifications were much more work than a simple color change for the OPs name.
    Either way, both are good additions. Good job, even better if it means that someone works on the site for now. Incidentally, is there a chance to fix the crazy scripting going on here?

A little bird also told me you're not good with computers.

Not a fan of your new avatar.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Atleast make the color pink and not dark green! ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

It indicates they're the OP.
    How are they over powered?