Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Did TBC ever get any complaints in its time?

I haven't been on this forum much during TBC so I must've missed out any complaint that this expansion had. And so far every other expansion has had plenty of them. Thinking back I don't think it received a lot of criticism from my POV, the only thing being all the lore changes like the draenei retcon and how poorly they've written WC3 characters. But TBC improved over a lot of things like the gameplay and more fluid questing, and I don't remember people craving to go back to vanilla WoW so badly.

So what more did I more did i miss during this period?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It received many, yes. From profound hatred of Shadow Labyrinth, to the bizarre and seemingly endless attunement process for Karazhan and other raids, and reputation grinds that truly emphasized the word "grind."
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

warriors tended to drown gd back then about the audacity of letting someone else tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Free epics was a big one and one people have definitely forgotten

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Free epics was a big one and one people have definitely forgotten
    Never has there been free epics like Molten core in vanilla

There i said it.

Anyway yes TBC was clsoe to worse in class balance then vanilla was.

Many classes had specs that where basicly unplayable above dungeon level content. Class stacking, max debuff count. So many things have gotten better today. People just forget it

10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC, People were upset about how sloppy the storytelling was in BC. Lore was a total mess from Classic, and it just got worse in BC, the games storytelling only became good in WotLK.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shattered halls was basically a nightmare for Warrior tanks, I believe either Arcatraz or Mechnar was universally hated, the beginning of the casual-crying babies began with attunements, and Karazhan was considered more of a chore than the rose-tinted glasses Candy land that most people present it as. There's probably more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Yes, A LOT.

Every expansion has been perceived badly and then looked at with rose tinted gogles early/mid next expansion. TBC and Wotlk seems to be the expansions that people tend to praise the highest theese days vanilla although not an expansion seems to fall close behind.

You remember the good times with your mates, not the horrible/boring parts. Most of my best wow memories are from that era, but the game itself has progressed so much i wouldn't enjoy playing them again.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't be serious.

BT 8 (?) months content drought
    MH/BT attunement
    Most HCs were a nightmare, people mostly farmed Slave Pens/Mechanar. The gap between the hardest and easiest dungeon was FAR greater than it is now.
    Vanilla epics being replaced by outland green was a complain by hardcore players (In retrospect it kinda seems the right thing to do imo)
    Elixir/pot/food/flask stacking early on
    Cloth DPS being far superior to melee early on with crafted BiS gear
    Crap gear for super hard, buggy content SSC/TK
    Trash in Mag Lair, SSC, TK
    Boss difficulty was also all over the place. Getting attuned to face Rage Winterchill and Shade of Akama by killing Kael'thas felt ridiculous.
    MH overall was one of the most annoying raids ever
    Certain classes being OP or RNG in arena (Warrior Mace)
    Class stacking in Sunwell
    Last edited by Dangg; 2016-12-01 at 04:47 PM.

After the removal of the attunement for Black Temple and the removal of the reputation requirement to enter Heroic 5 men,
    Epic gear with the current currency point (vendor in Shattrath or Isle of Queldanas). Full Megashitstorm

It was the end of WoW.
    1 or 2 more expansion and it was supposed to be over. And I'm not even sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I haven't been on this forum much during TBC so I must've missed out any complaint that this expansion had. And so far every other expansion has had plenty of them. Thinking back I don't think it received a lot of criticism from my POV, the only thing being all the lore changes like the draenei retcon and how poorly they've written WC3 characters. But TBC improved over a lot of things like the gameplay and more fluid questing, and I don't remember people craving to go back to vanilla WoW so badly.

So what more did I more did i miss during this period?
    attunements got so many blizzard even made an april fools joke about BT attunement
    https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/wow...12e4bd8c13337d

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Shattered halls was basically a nightmare for Warrior tanks
    That reminds me that I tanked that place as a warrior tank aswell, it was indeed a nightmare. Especially if you lacked CC. You had so many mobs to take their threats, and warrior tanks lacked proper AoE threat abilities.

Yes, but it is always cool to say that the latest expansion will absolutely kill the game.
    Or the last one "killed it".

Every expansion has complaints and criticisms.
    Every expansion also has the same silly claims.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-12-01 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You can't be serious.

MH/BT attunement
    Most HCs were a nightmare, people mostly farmed Slave Pens/Mechanar. The gap between the hardest and easiest dungeon was FAR greater than it is now.
    Vanilla epics being useless
    Hamstring spamming sword specced, crafted sword arms warriors calls BS on this

I think class stacking in sunwell (who cares...thats my pov ) and welfare gear, especially later in expansion with sunwell patch was biggest two.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Idk i was a simple noob back then managed to clear only up to brutallus before i took a small break till Wotlk.

But i had a blast from early tbc on-wards till i stopped raiding for 3months cause my guild disbanded.
    I never knew about mmo and most of blizzard forums where i spent time were praising the game not shit talking it.

In all honesty while people were horrible the content you were doing needed you to do it with other people so every one had to behave otherwise you got black listed on the realm you were on and not even the biggest noobs of the game would play with you even if you could carry their ass trough everything because you were black listed.

Fun times TBC was.
    Doing kael vash'j before the attunes were lifted having to kill them 5+ times to attune every one in the guild for mh/bt made you work as a team way more then any content atm is doing and i havent stopped raiding since i came back in WOTLK.

TBC prolly had a lot of haters not denying that but for me i didn't felt the hate.
    I just shrugged overtuned/bugged content and said to my self "one day i will be able to beat it" and i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Never has there been free epics like Molten core in vanilla
    Nope. Old Arena items for honor was by far the worst for its time. What made it even more ridiculous was that you could farm honor points at low levels and buy items before you dinged 70, this was later fixed.
    MC at least required a raid even if it was nerfed to the ground during 2006.

BC had some big controversial changes:
    - 40 > 25 was problematic for a lot of established guilds
    - Flight for the opposite reason it is now
    - Space cows didn't sit too well with some people
    - "Welfare" gear and the first iteration of dailies (but that was at the tail end)

But most of those were minority things.
    It was the golden age of small group content, unsurpassed since.
    Class and role viability (not balance) was much improved without homogenizing everything into a soup.

No planned content obsolescence, insane power creep and content being made irrelevant mid-expac (or even worse later, every tier).

As evidenced by it continuing the meteoric rise in subs started in Vanilla, it was a great time for most the expanding playerbase.

Every expansion has people disliking parts of it, the good ones grow the game, the bad ones are "cyclical"
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-12-01 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Plenty, just the fact that paladin and shaman became cross faction created a huge uproar and Kalgan was deemed the worst senior game designer ever. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You can't be serious.

MH/BT attunement
    Vanilla epics being replaced by outland green was a complain by hardcore players (In retrospect it kinda seems the right thing to do imo)
    Boss difficulty was also all over the place. Getting attuned to face Rage Winterchill and Shade of Akama by killing Kael'thas felt ridiculous.
    Stunherald would like a word.

But the 3 piece set (it was 3 piece wasn't it?) was pretty nice. I don't think it was better than the set bonuses from PvP gear, as none of the crafted shit had resilience, and resilience was godly in TBC.

Not to mention that top 2v2 arena teams were almost always a healer+warrior or healer+rogue. They either had stormherald and were mace specced. Or they had dual glaives.