Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    The point of rated pvp now is extremely obvious if you so much as glance at it.

Super, ridiculously awesome looking Armor sets, you can only get pieces of them above 2000 though.

Nobody else is ever going to have the red version of that Death Knight dungeon set except for death knights above 2000 rated
    So you mean every DK this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    who actually got each piece to drop. They'll be more rare than the class challenge mode armors from MOP.

You're going to miss out on that, and you're concerned there's no reward? That's hella reward.
    In case you didn't hear, they're adding a new achievement that will allow you to unlock the full elite transmog if you reached 2k rating in that season. That way we don't rely on RNG to get it. Yay!

Now I just want them to add the 2k4 enchant to the game again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    Fuck Ashran. Actual pvp players didn't enjoy having to spend a year in an Ashran zerg, that's not pvp. We want to be able to get to lvl 110 and jump right into arena, and that was completely impossible. However it is possible now, the only problem is artifact power and it's getting adressed in 7.1.5

I play rated pvp because I enjoy playing against other players with similar skill to mine. The competition is fun, and then I get to show off my skill sith cosmetic rewards, and as a bonus I also get really good gear.

Balance might not be great right now, but I can still have fun playing rated pvp with my friends and climbing the ladder.
    Well thats you, I can't stand e-sport PvP. It's a frikin MMO, not CoD. Now I have no problem with there being optional Arenas for those who enjoy that kind of PvP but they should have left casual PvP (unrated BGs, skirmish etc.) alone cause it used to be fun. Screw balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well thats you, I can't stand e-sport PvP. It's a frikin MMO, not CoD. Now I have no problem with there being optional Arenas for those who enjoy that kind of PvP but they should have left casual PvP (unrated BGs, skirmish etc.) alone cause it used to be fun. Screw balance.
    What do you mean with leaving alone casual pvp? You can still play your bgs or whatever. Or do you mean you want to be able to stomp fresh max level chars again? Is that the "pvp" you enjoy? Might as well go to Elwynn forest and kill level 5 kobolds, it's the same gemaplay.

Deleted
    What do you mean with leaving alone casual pvp? You can still play your bgs or whatever. Or do you mean you want to be able to stomp fresh max level chars again? Is that the "pvp" you enjoy? Might as well go to Elwynn forest and kill level 5 kobolds, it's the same gemaplay.
    Nope, what I mean is that I want to see my character become more powerful. What was challenging before to become easier and yes, I kinda wanna be able to partly carry the BG too if our team is bad... or just not that good/motivated to win.

Now thats all well and good, but what I really have a problem with is that your secondaries get optimized too. That pretty much defeats the purpose of an RPG. If you want to stack mastery or crit.. or basically craft your own experience, you cant any more.

Deleted
    Nope, what I mean is that I want to see my character become more powerful. What was challenging before to become easier and yes, I kinda wanna be able to partly carry the BG too if our team is bad... or just not that good/motivated to win.

Now thats all well and good, but what I really have a problem with is that your secondaries get optimized too. That pretty much defeats the purpose of an RPG. If you want to stack mastery or crit.. or basically craft your own experience, you cant any more.
    Your character's power still grows, although not much in PVP. You can still carry BGs but of course not as easy as before, and now skill is more important.

I do agree with the secondaries, I liked being able to choose what stats I wanted. I guess in theory it's easier to balance like this.

Deleted
    Your character's power still grows, although not much in PVP. You can still carry BGs but of course not as easy as before, and now skill is more important.
    No its kinda not. You know why? Back in classic, a skilled player, even in lowish gear could take out a whole raid group alone. Now 1v2, even if its skilled player vs 2 average ones, you will most likely not win and 1v3 isn't going to happen. And if you don't want to dedicate your life to WoW enough to get a team going (which I assume is the majority of players) and just want to PvP whenever you have free time or feel like it, you're going to have 1vMore situations a lot, especially considering random BGs are so RNG and you're likely to get a team of AFKers vs a premade one with dedicated healers. You can't do anything alone in that situation. Before, when geared, you could at the very least do something, like get some kills instead of getting camped at the graveyard. Hell, you could even turn the tide if it was a small premade + randoms.

My point is, that it's supposed to be like that, not even teams and e-sports but a war. Id say it takes even more skill as you can't count on things being fair and have to use every advantage you can get instead of mashing your buttons in the right order and dancing around pillars with a healer at your back.

Deleted
    No its kinda not. You know why? Back in classic, a skilled player, even in lowish gear could take out a whole raid group alone. Now 1v2, even if its skilled player vs 2 average ones, you will most likely not win and 1v3 isn't going to happen.
    Completely the opposite. Gear not mattering that much means skill is more important than ever, so this is just wrong.

And if you don't want to dedicate your life to WoW enough to get a team going (which I assume is the majority of players)
    Why would you need to dedicate your life to WoW to play rated pvp? It's a lot easier than raiding, you just need a friend or 2 and you can get into arena.

you're going to have 1vMore situations a lot, especially considering random BGs are so RNG and you're likely to get a team of AFKers vs a premade one with dedicated healers
    Yeah, sometimes your team will be better, sometimes it will be the enemy team. This is not just Legion's or WoW's problem.

Before, when geared, you could at the very least do something
    Yes, you could bully the people with no gear who you just basically oneshot. I'm sure that was really fun for them.

My point is, that it's supposed to be like that, not even teams and e-sports but a war
    That's like, your opinion. And again, no one's stopping you from ignoring all the "e-sports" and just playing random bgs.

Id say it takes even more skill as you can't count on things being fair and have to use every advantage you can get instead of mashing your buttons in the right order and dancing around pillars with a healer at your back.
    In what world does oneshotting gearless people require any skill at all? Ever actually tried to climb the rated ladder and see how much skill "mashing buttons and dancing around the pillar" takes?
    Sound like all you want from pvp is to be able to kill 5 people at the same time with your maxed gear without them having a chance to fight back. That's not pvp, might as well go bully some preschoolers.

Completely the opposite. Gear not mattering that much means skill is more important than ever, so this is just wrong.
    Gear, if you count artifact (and you should) matters more than before. Your argument is just a non-starter.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Gear, if you count artifact (and you should) matters more than before. Your argument is just a non-starter.
    rda from gr.org?

I Feel the downfall of PVP happened after BC. I thught it was perfect in BC and loved It, that was the last time I actually did pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    rda from gr.org?
    No, that's not me.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    pvp is not fun anymore since pve offers the best gear for less work
    That's the problem when people just want to PvP for gear alone. One side complains how PvP provides better rewards than PvE and visa versa. The rewards for PvP should at most be cosmetic IMO along with the epeen trophy for hitting a high ranking system.

Those complaining about the lack of power rewards probably never enjoyed PvP to begin with. They simply put up with it for the reward. Me? I just like to play against other players on even ground.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I do agree with the secondaries, I liked being able to choose what stats I wanted. I guess in theory it's easier to balance like this.
    Not at all.

There is no depth to the game, therefore skill isn't important when there's not a lot that separates a good and bad player.

It's not even an exaggeration, it's true.

Gear is less important but the class you're playing is more important than ever.

Whoa guys the point of PvP may be to... PvP........................................

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That's the problem when people just want to PvP for gear alone. One side complains how PvP provides better rewards than PvE and visa versa. The rewards for PvP should at most be cosmetic IMO along with the epeen trophy for hitting a high ranking system.

Those complaining about the lack of power rewards probably never enjoyed PvP to begin with. They simply put up with it for the reward. Me? I just like to play against other players on even ground.
    I liked getting gear. I liked knowing exactly what I had to do to get the pieces that I needed. I liked the gemming and enchanting I could do to support the way I wanted to play my spec and how it was slightly different than other people playing the same spec.

I don't like having to pve for the best pvp gear. I don't like having to pve for the AP grind. Regardless of if others believe slight percentages matter I should not have to pve in order to have the best gear for pvp (whether it is concerning ilvl or the AP grind). I just don't like pve. I have tried but about 10min into a dung or raid and I just want to log. It doesn't hold my interest like pvp.

I still pvp and I still enjoy pvp but I don't enjoy these other changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was never really a point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Not at all.

There is no depth to the game, therefore skill isn't important when there's not a lot that separates a good and bad player.

It's not even an exaggeration, it's true.

Gear is less important but the class you're playing is more important than ever.
    That's a different problem, we were talking about gear scaling in pvp. I agree the game has been pruned too much, sometimes it feels like people win by just doing unhealable damage without requiring any skill. It's not all like that though, and there is still depth. You can tell the difference between a good and a bad player in most of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arancor View Post
    Ever considered playing this game for fun?

Rated arena is there to get matchups against opponents of similar skill level to you, which should make the games more engaging and more fun. If this doesn't work out for you (= isn't more fun than unrated), just do skirmishes.

PvP is not really gear-gated anymore, so if you love to PvP you don't have to care about the gear grind anyway. If you like the carrot-on-a-stick principle that gates game content behind gear, go do PvE.

If PvP is fun to you, you will play it without gear rewards, if it isn't, you are not forced to do it and can do PvE instead.
    exactly! and if not, then you can always log off and go better your life in the real world!

Deleted
    So stupid that people are saying pvpers dont like pvp if they do it for some kind of reward (in this case gear)..... People want to feel rewarded for something they do.

Fuck Ashran. Actual pvp players didn't enjoy having to spend a year in an Ashran zerg, that's not pvp.
    Sure it is. I love large scale combat. I hate small scale so much. I don't guard towers or bullshit like that in AV, I want to smash 40v40 in the Field of Strife!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================