Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    you lecture people a bit too much about fitness for just a tennisman
    let people be lazy slugs if they are complacent in their mediocrity
    it's their body not yours
    as long as they don't take too much of your space when commuting with you it's none of your business
    Not a good idea for countries with public health care when their poor health due to personal laziness causes a burden.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Good ol' authoritarianism! (but only when it benefits you)
    If the government is providing healthcare surely it should also be doing what it can to make sure that doctors are getting the best information to assess people's health as well as encouraging people to act in ways that minimise health problems. If nothing else that would keep down the costs of the healthcare system which would benefit everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    Not a good idea for countries with public health care when their poor health due to personal laziness causes a burden.
    "Public Health Care" does not make it "Public" business. Sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually do meet the 150 minutes per week recommendation when I'm not fresh out of the hospital. I have about a 2 week period post chemo that I'm too sick to do much of anything. Now that I'm not currently in treatment, I get up and walk as much as I can throughout the day to get my strength back. I'm actually about to watch a movie and plan to walk while watching it (as long as I can). I walk between 3-5 miles a day, though that's broken up over many small walks (yay for treadmills).

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Public Health Care" does not make it "Public" business. Sorry.
    Doctor =/= joe schmo across the street

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    The Government must consider what is best for society.
    Yeah, no stay out of my body, i'll choose what to put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Do you want to smoke? Sure. But don't get your crap on me.
    Do you want to smoke? Sure. But don't use national resources I paid into to treat your fucking throat cancer. Pay that sin tax, and hope that covers the whole you blew in the national budget.
    Smokers are pretty cheap for the government (and thus the average tax payer), though. Seeing as they die way younger they've got less time to benefit from their retirement, sure lung cancer treatments are expensive but smokers are still cheaper than the "healthy" people, because they die way younger.

There was some research for it in The Netherlands, thin, healthy people were the most expensive ones, as their average age was 87 years. 7 years older than overweight people, and 10 years older than smokers.

It's an old article, and it's in Dutch but eh, here goes: source.

I usually get at least 150 minutes of fucking cardio a week.

I think it should be measured at the doctor's office. I've been to the doctor once in the past 12-15 years. Measure that, cuh.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Smokers are pretty cheap for the government (and thus the average tax payer), though. Seeing as they die way younger they've got less time to benefit from their retirement, sure lung cancer treatments are expensive but smokers are still cheaper than the "healthy" people, because they die way younger.

There was some research for it in The Netherlands, thin, healthy people were the most expensive ones, as their average age was 87 years. 7 years older than overweight people, and 10 years older than smokers.

It's an old article, and it's in Dutch but eh, here goes: source.
    yeah but healthy people work more, longer, and can actually work better paid job thus they pay more in the long run than the fat bum who need to stop to work because of health issues and can't pay public insurance because of that

on topic : Telling fat people to do cardio, run, hit etc is inefficient.
    Fat people don't like sport, hate efforts and will stop asap because they live only for short term pleasure (like eating cake and pizza and playing video game).

all this talks to make them go to the gym is a waste of time. Well doing those kind of things is a waste of time
    Ditch all those bland activities like treadmill, hit etc, & just find a fun activity
    Best fun+cardio+useful combo : muay thai and JJB. It's so fun and at the same time work your cardio like hell and teach you actual fighting skills.
    lately I started cheerleading and american football. Those two sports are fun, work your strength, cardio, speed, and give good environment (plenty of chicks to have fun with for the former and an awesome bro'therhood for the latter)

Ofc, go to the gym if you want a nice big ripped body or if you want to complement the other sports
    Last edited by mmoc4678df31ad; 2016-12-01 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alphalion View Post
    yeah but healthy people work more, longer, and can actually work better paid job thus they pay more in the long run than the fat bum who need to stop to work because of health issues and can't pay public insurance because of that
    I'm not so sure about that. Stress is one of the biggest reasons why people got fat, which is very often caused by work. You make a point though, but not one I agree with. The regular age to go with retirement was 63 back then (67 now), meaning on average you'd have 21 years to enjoy it if you're healthy. If you're a smoker you'll only have 14 years. 33% less time to enjoy your retirement is a lot and more importantly (on this topic anyway): costs a lot less money.

Now you can tell me that fat people/smokers work less hard and/or are sick more often, but it sure as hell isn't going to be 33%. With exceptions like being a fat construction worker, obviously.

Edit: Anyway. It's a huge step to start working out for fat people, and I'd argue that to stop smoking is an even bigger one (I speak from experience. With both.). For me it was "just" a matter of getting into the right mind set and once you're working out it's easy as hell. Starting to work out is the hard part and after all these years, a 2-week break can still get me, sometimes turns into a month break.
    Last edited by Seditian; 2016-12-02 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Stress is one of the biggest reasons why people got fat, which is very often caused by work. You make a point though, but not one I agree with. The regular age to go with retirement was 63 back then (67 now), meaning on average you'd have 21 years to enjoy it if you're healthy. If you're a smoker you'll only have 14 years. 33% less time to enjoy your retirement is a lot and more importantly (on this topic anyway): costs a lot less money.

Now you can tell me that fat people/smokers work less hard and/or are sick more often, but it sure as hell isn't going to be 33%. With exceptions like being a fat construction worker, obviously.

Edit: Anyway. It's a huge step to start working out for fat people, and I'd argue that to stop smoking is an even bigger one (I speak from experience. With both.). For me it was "just" a matter of getting into the right mind set and once you're working out it's easy as hell. Starting to work out is the hard part and after all these years, a 2-week break can still get me, sometimes turns into a month break.
    I think overall lifestyle during living years is also a big factor. Yes if I smoke I will live a shorter life on average, but I doubt I will enjoy those living years better than someone who doesn't smoke.

Smoking and being fat restrict you in ways being healthy doesn't. I'm more than willing to invest 2-3hrs a week in that.

Because being out of shape is not healthy, people can say what they want about body positivity but that doesn't mean being overweight is ok because simply put it has been proven by science to not be good for your organs.

Be a complete waste of time to tell a fat person their fitness is poor, no ? Be kinda stating the obvious.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-12-02 at 01:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By that measurement I wouldn't be considered healthy but I can lift heavy things and put them down pretty good so

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Be a complete waste of time to tell a fat person their fitness is poor, no ?
    Fun Fact: Being fat doesn't necessarily mean that you are unhealthy, being thin doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy. This is why cardio-vascular fitness is a much better indicator of health than BMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Fun Fact: Being fat doesn't necessarily mean that you are unhealthy, being thin doesn't necessarily mean you are healthy. This is why cardio-vascular fitness is a much better indicator of health than BMI.
    BMI is indeed horse shit. I don't think I've ever seen someone who's serious about working out use it. With the average "gym rat" the BMI goes through the roof, even if they're only mildly muscular.

Deleted
    People in the west got fat. I sense weakness within you. I could just BANE you!

Im lazy reading that post, but as of fitness its like so:

You want to lose that disgusting belly, cardio, 3-4/7 (for effectiveness, do it on empty stomach after you wake), no sweets (as in absolutely nothing that tastes sweet, fruits included), no bread, no milk, no potatoes etc. Brocolli and in general things that are green. Water only. One cheat day per week.

If you want to get massive, lift 4/7 atleast, and eat one more meal than you normally would. And get one of those mass gainers.
    And when i say lift i mean at the end you should have a hard time pulling off your sweater.

Embrace pain and struggle, tell me how much you hate w/e you hate on those last reps. They all laugh at you on them last reps!

I think if you find yourself to be a leftie, you might find what i wrote above to be too hard to do, as its ingrained in commies brain that they should get shit for free.
    If you have leftist views change them, cos only far right men look disciplined and healthy.
    Last edited by mmoc96b81ade63; 2016-12-02 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Well good luck finding one that know anything about fitness. they still belive in the food pyramid from like 1970.
    All they do nowdays is prescribe drugs.