Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    MY OPINION is the game is set in some kind of purgatory where they are struggling to escape
    Okay if you interpret it this way, that is one check box for Silent Hills-esque. I'll concede that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Its too early to tell what the main plot of game will be but there are some clues, like i said MY OPINION is the game is set in some kind of purgatory where they are struggling to escape but other people are picking on every detail in trailers and coming with other theories, Kojima mentioned city flooding multiple times and in trailer we see pic related trying to evade the incoming flood.

This one had cranial surgery and his badge says "United CITIES of America" so it could mean post-apocalyptic society or alternate realm/dimensions similar to our Earth.
    If Kojima said A earth and not our earth, could be alternate reality/realm w/e. Either way looking forward to it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

unsure what to make of this at all so far
    kind of curious as to what is going on, also how does this play into a storyline?

quite interested to see what happens once we all learn more

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally am one of the people who enjoys trying to find hidden clues and deciphering trailers and the like. I realize that's not everyone's thing, but if it isn't that seriously sounds like more of a 'you' problem than it is the trailers. :P

Also if people start to notice thing I'll check back and update the OP with stuff of interest (like the upside down rainbow) so at the very least we can build a list of random intrigue. :P
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-12-02 at 08:10 PM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Add that Mads has an AR and the soldiers under his command have WW2 rifles, that could have some significance imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Then stop watching the trailers, Its that simple. Those of us "myself" like the mystery and guessing on what it could be. If u don't want any of that don't watch the trailers.
    Nobody would give a rats ass about any of these trailers if they didn't have the name Kojima attached to them.

He is abusing his name to build false hype about a game that is probably still half a decade out and barely in development. People still act like this ego maniac is a victim. There is a reason Konami ran him out of town, he has no idea how to budget and manage projects.

FWIW I love the majority of Kojima games, but I'm not some blind fan boy that can't call him for what he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Nobody would give a rats ass about any of these trailers if they didn't have the name Kojima attached to them.
    I mean we can all make assumptions like that, but really.. If you don't have questions and want to know more that is your problem no need to rain salt down on all of us.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I mean we can all make assumptions like that, but really.. If you don't have questions and want to know more that is your problem no need to rain salt down on all of us.
    Truth hurts?

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're passing off our personal opinions as truth, then I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    If we're passing off our personal opinions as truth, then I guess?
    It's kinda true though. Literally the only thing we know about the game is Kojima is making it, that's it. All the hype and excitement is purely based off of his involvement. I mean, did you see his grandiose entrance to the Sony stage when they revealed the trailer at E3 for fucks sake? And I'm a bit surprised that Keighley didn't try to make out with him on stage, he's got a major boner for Kojima.

Take his name off of it and you'd be left with a large number of people who are confused, have no clue what anything in any of these trailers is or has to do with literally anything, and probably not fucking caring because of it.

Seriously, Kojima is the only reason that these nonsense trailers have received any attention at all.

It's fine to like them, but I just can't get why they're remotely exciting or even interesting given that they say literally nothing.

Compare that with the Dauntless trailer, which showed off pretty much the entirety of the core game in its one minute (co-op based monter hunter game) and came alongside some preliminary information on the side. I know more about Dauntless from 1 minute of watching its trailer than I do about Death Stranding between all of its trailers and announcements combined.

Kojima hates when trailer spoils everything and I have to agree with him on this one. PR departments really went overboard with spoiling trailers in recent years in a desperate attempt to draw in more people. Just look at Dark Souls 3 trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Kojima hates when trailer spoils everything and I have to agree with him on this one. PR departments really went overboard with spoiling trailers in recent years in a desperate attempt to draw in more people. Just look at Dark Souls 3 trailer.
    LMFAO you have to be kidding my 80% of MGSV cutscenes where spoiled in Kojima made trailers.

Hell the tv spots for MGS2 and MGS4 both had the final boss fights in the damn commercial.

Of all the excuses, this one takes the cake. People just need to accept the fact there is no game to show yet.

LMFAO you have to be kidding my 80% of MGSV cutscenes where spoiled in Kojima made trailers.

Hell the tv spots for MGS2 and MGS4 both had the final boss fights in the damn commercial.

Of all the excuses, this one takes the cake. People just need to accept the fact there is no game to show yet.
    Pardon me, but am I trying to excuse something? If you really need to annoy me in notifications at least dont shitpost.

FWIW I love the majority of Kojima games, but I'm not some blind fan boy that can't call him for what he is.
    So those with a different opinion then you are blind fanboys......

See this is why talking to you is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously, Kojima is the only reason that these nonsense trailers have received any attention at all.
    While Kojima is a major bonus, I would still be highly interested if anyone else did it. At lease with Kojima I know ill be at lease good.

Many game trailers get me really interested....

"Hey Capcom....WHERE THE FUCK IS DEEP DOWN DAMIT"

Also isn't tech's post calling people fanboy's kinda breaking the rules.....

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree and its one major reason why I like the trailers. They make you wonder what it is.

Gamers today are too fucken spoiled......
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-02 at 11:20 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Can people who have no interest in this leave please? Thanks.

Pardon me, but am I trying to excuse something? If you really need to annoy me in notifications at least dont shitpost.
    Says Kojima hates something. Evidence of Kojima doing what you say he hates. Shit posting indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Can people who have no interest in this leave please? Thanks.
    Yea, god forbid anyone add critique to the way something is being handled and interrupt a friendly circle jerk.

Such shit posting.

Yea, god forbid anyone add critique to the way something is being handled and interrupt a friendly circle jerk.

Such shit posting.
    Coming into the thread calling people fanboy's isn't adding any critique.

Its shit posting, So pot meet kettle.

Says Kojima hates something. Evidence of Kojima doing what you say he hates. Shit posting indeed.
    Ya Kojima totally had control over the trailers that KONAMI wanted released to the public......

You ignore one major fact. Konami wasn't his company so he couldn't do what he wanted, This company is his and he can do as he see's fit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

- - - Updated - - -

Such shit posting.
    Who cares? Guy deserves the hype cause he makes good games. Sure he needed alot of budge for MGSV and thats why konami kicked him out, cause they are retards. They would've kicked any other dev too, unless they were making games like CoD or assassin's creed aka yearly cashgrabs.

A lot of folks seem fairly convinced this is a game set during Ragnarok, the norse end of the world when all the dead warriors of history fight and the world is consumed by a flood of dark water as the gods die. We have soldiers in mismatched gear, some modern, some as far back as pre ww2, rainbows featuring in every lens flare and of course the dark water rising.

What Kojima has said in interviews and volunteer gumshoes found out i can remember seeing is:
    -The location of the first trailer was Deception Island, a volcanic caldera near the south pole where whales kill themselves en masse every few years in an act known as a 'death stranding'
    -Also home to king crabs currently swarming the south pole and destroying valuable ecosystems and both were dead in the trailer on the beach
    -Multiple playable characters
    -Multiple locations including deception island and iceland
    -Ties to the rapture with the four figures in the sky meant to be the high host of angels lead by lucifer in the center with his arms crossed
    -"a story about environmentalism not war"
    -requires "an engine that can deal with a city flooding in real time"
    -online influenced by dark souls and the division
    -"strings that pull people together and sticks we can use as tools or weapons"
    -ways to leave messages like dark souls
    -Ludens has nothing to do with it
    -Not set on our earth but 'one close by'
    -script complete, engine found a few months ago
    -rumoured reports that ito, del toro and joosten have been seen in meetings with Hideo and longtime Kojipro artists
    -third person shooting and action elements included 'because my fans expect it'

I guess the del Toro rumour proved legit as for the story we are shown the things like the tank with skeletal human remains and sealife bursting its seams suggest an influence from GYO, a work by Junji Ito who worked with Kojima and Del Toro on PT. A story about machines using living creatures as their engines and fuel source, snapping around them like cages and piercing them with pipes and tubing to feed off fish and people to drive their motors and mechanism to fight a war long since over. If this is a story about Ragnorok i could see GYO being a huge inspiration in that regard.

Whatever it is i'm sold, ever since i tried a PS1 demo disc of MGS1 Kojima has been my go to game creator, but still its nice to see the paranoid "connecting the pins with red string" tin foil hat theories starting up again like back with MGSV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    A lot of folks seem fairly convinced this is a game set during Ragnarok, the norse end of the world when all the dead warriors of history fight and the world is consumed by a flood of dark water as the gods die. We have soldiers in mismatched gear, some modern, some as far back as pre ww2, rainbows featuring in every lens flare and of course the dark water rising.

What Kojima has said in interviews and volunteer gumshoes found out i can remember seeing is:
    -The location of the first trailer was Deception Island, a volcanic caldera near the south pole where whales kill themselves en masse every few years in an act known as a 'death stranding'
    -Also home to king crabs currently swarming the south pole and destroying valuable ecosystems and both were dead in the trailer on the beach
    -Multiple playable characters
    -Multiple locations including deception island and iceland
    -Ties to the rapture with the four figures in the sky meant to be the high host of angels lead by lucifer in the center with his arms crossed
    -"a story about environmentalism not war"
    -requires "an engine that can deal with a city flooding in real time"
    -online influenced by dark souls and the division
    -"strings that pull people together and sticks we can use as tools or weapons"
    -ways to leave messages like dark souls
    -Ludens has nothing to do with it
    -Not set on our earth but 'one close by'
    -script complete, engine found a few months ago
    -rumoured reports that ito, del toro and joosten have been seen in meetings with Hideo and longtime Kojipro artists
    -third person shooting and action elements included 'because my fans expect it'

I guess the del Toro rumour proved legit as for the story we are shown the things like the tank with skeletal human remains and sealife bursting its seams suggest an influence from GYO, a work by Junji Ito who worked with Kojima and Del Toro on PT. A story about machines using living creatures as their engines and fuel source, snapping around them like cages and piercing them with pipes and tubing to feed off fish and people to drive their motors and mechanism to fight a war long since over. If this is a story about Ragnorok i could see GYO being a huge inspiration in that regard.

Whatever it is i'm sold, ever since i tried a PS1 demo disc of MGS1 Kojima has been my go to game creator, but still its nice to see the paranoid "connecting the pins with red string" tin foil hat theories starting up again like back with MGSV.
    Blatantly stealing some of your post for the OP.

Yea, god forbid anyone add critique to the way something is being handled and interrupt a friendly circle jerk. Such shit posting.
    Post something at least halfway constructive and not just opinion based feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's kinda true though. Literally the only thing we know about the game is Kojima is making it, that's it. All the hype and excitement is purely based off of his involvement. I mean, did you see his grandiose entrance to the Sony stage when they revealed the trailer at E3 for fucks sake? And I'm a bit surprised that Keighley didn't try to make out with him on stage, he's got a major boner for Kojima.

Take his name off of it and you'd be left with a large number of people who are confused, have no clue what anything in any of these trailers is or has to do with literally anything, and probably not fucking caring because of it.

It's fine to like them, but I just can't get why they're remotely exciting or even interesting given that they say literally nothing.

Compare that with the Dauntless trailer, which showed off pretty much the entirety of the core game in its one minute (co-op based monter hunter game) and came alongside some preliminary information on the side. I know more about Dauntless from 1 minute of watching its trailer than I do about Death Stranding between all of its trailers and announcements combined.
    That's what most of us like about it, it's just clues and red herrings. Just because that's not his cup of tea we are all fanboys involved in a circle-jerk? Shitposting doesn't get anymore quality than that.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2016-12-03 at 12:02 AM.