Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    So I check armory, see you applied, see a 890 monk with +15 Mythic+ achievement, 7/7 M EN and some ToV M bosses. Which one I take?
    You take the monk.
    But he acts like and ass and leaves after first wipe, because "they're better than this shitty group"

And there goes your key..

I try to avoid inviting the "top ilvl"-guys. They tend to cause trouble.

mmo champion will forward this to all gamers across the world

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    mmo champion will forward this to all gamers across the world
    Seems like mmo champion's only goal in nearly every thread is to destroy the OP's self-esteem and prove he's wrong at all costs.
    - Give the sword to Verral, he's got russian damage dealer prio.
    © Twentytwo

this site does have the most angry people in all the webz
    therefore I don't debate here

I am not gonna bet on people I don't know, it's as simple as that.

I would take a guild mate that is 860 over an 880 random. So you are right, ilvl does not guarantee high damage, but I have no other way to gauge you other then your class and ilvl.

Would you pick a random 880 paladin over a 870 mage/hunter/rogue? Be honest with yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verral View Post
    You obviously choose the monk, but he might be the worst player in his mythic squad. You can never know.
    Same with you. Can only know that much. But the more evidence is piled the more likelihood is for a player to be picked. There are so so many people applying that obviously I will pick the one that looks the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    You take the monk.
    But he acts like and ass and leaves after first wipe, because "they're better than this shitty group"

And there goes your key..

I try to avoid inviting the "top ilvl"-guys. They tend to cause trouble.
    And how do I know this lower ilvl guy won't do the same? Higher ilvl and achievements mean he has more experience and hear to handle the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Statistically higher ilvl means higher dps. Generally, i890 person should do more dps than i820 person, for instance.

I would decline you too, becasue I can get anybody with higher ilvl easily, so why should I not?
    This is true if you use such a wide gap. The problem is often times you will see that 877 when you are asking for 880 and decline the invite. It is hard to differ that a skill 877 isn't blowing away a derp that just got lucky in world quests at 880. Of course that is also using two extremes as well. But it makes the point that item level isn't king all in a tigher quarter which a lot of people do need to figure out.

Threads like this always manage to shatter my view of "It's easy to get into a PuG! Stop being bad!" on today's game.

Whenever I get a group going (I'm a powerful healer) I get around 20 dps requests.

Why would I accept you when there's 15 DPS on the list with higher item level?

You're not entitled to my group.

Stop trying to leech your way into it.

Deleted
    Because it's wrong.
    No it is not.

If you can choose between these 3 random retri paladins you know nothing about but this:

Paladin 1, 860 ilvl paladin 2, 875 ilvl and paladin 3 with 890 ilvl.

Then you are obviously gonna pick #3, there is absolutely no reason not to given the parameters. The only way you are gonna choose different is if you got additional information or choices in classes.
    Gear matters a lot, people want a strong boost group, if they dont know your skill, exp or stat distrib then it is all about item lvl you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Floreon View Post
    So if you know why people will "obviously" choose people with a higher ilvl over you, why did you make this thread?
    Because a boosting group implies that they'll take the lower ilvl people to help them gear up, rather than just have a picnic.

Because it's wrong.
    So should they just guess and blindly take somebody? People use item level as a factor in LFG because it is some of the only information they have. When you have a brief moment to make a group there isn't going to be much other information that will help you decide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Whenever I get a group going (I'm a powerful healer) I get around 20 dps requests.

Why would I accept you when there's 15 DPS on the list with higher item level?

You're not entitled to my group.

Stop trying to leech your way into it.
    How powerful can you be with all your pushing to make LFR the only raid difficulty and the removal of mythic dungeons. Odd that you are even going to act like you make groups for mythics after your threads fussing about them being in game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So should they just guess and blindly take somebody? People use item level as a factor in LFG because it is some of the only information they have. When you have a brief moment to make a group there isn't going to be much other information that will help you decide.

- - - Updated - - -

How powerful can you be with all your pushing to make LFR the only raid difficulty and the removal of mythic dungeons. Odd that you are even going to act like you make groups for mythics after your threads fussing about them being in game.
    I partake in LFR and Mythic+.

I do partake in Mythic+, though, because I'm forced to do it. Not because I enjoy it. Hence my belief that LFR should be enough.

I never set a foot inside the so called "organized raids" because I find them to be a thing of the past.

I'm actually quite good at it.

I do partake in Mythic+, though, because I'm forced to do it. Not because I enjoy it. Hence my belief that LFR should be enough.

I never set a foot inside the so called "organized raids" because I find them to be a thing of the past.

Don't raid yet you are forced to do mythics? Why, how? So your item level for the next mythic you are forced to do is better? Being good at LFR only takes the ability to queue up and not die. Great choice of avatar, it goes perfectly with your posts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

i mean you could link your logs and say "550k dps ret" and maybe people will invite you

but you cant expect people to guess it, ilvl is still the most reliable way to judge someone's dps yes there are people in 885 who suck and there are people in 870 who are good, but how can you know that without ever having spent time with them?

is the ilvl system the best way to judge player skill/expected performance? probably not, can you show us a better one?

you really dont need to do mythic+ just to do LFR, you're not forced to do anything, the only people who are "forced" to do mythic+ are top100 raiders basically

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    And how do I know this lower ilvl guy won't do the same? Higher ilvl and achievements mean he has more experience and hear to handle the situation.
    You don't - but not having a huge experience/ilvl discrepancy alleviates the risk of 'the elite' getting all uppity about it. Just out of my own anecdotal experiences.

- - - Updated - - -

(I'm a powerful healer)
    How powerful?

Hello there.
    I'm casually playing a ret pally, and by casually I mean I no longer raid mythic which I used to do.

I haven't killed a single boss in EN mythic / ToV mythic, I only do HC raids from time to time and only do sub-10 mythic dungeons and Kara.
    Currently got 872 ilvl equipped.

So whenever I apply for Maw of Souls boosting groups I get declined for whatever reasons.
    I guess it might be that 880 overall ilvl (which the group leaders see when I sign up) isn't high enough to be able to do a +7 or +9 MoS.
    Or it's probably rumors that ret paladins are bad in any situation, have no utility whatsoever and the group can't benefit from having a ret.

Now what I want everyone to understand is that ilvl DOESN'T guarantee higher dps. IT. DOES. NOT.
    Even a 10 ilvl difference DOESN'T mean the character with lower ilvl is far worse in terms of damage output.
    Secondary stats, trinkets and item bonuses STILL matter A LOT.

My simDPS is 459724. I managed to pull 514K dps on Ursoc HC last week (before I had a chance to level my artifact to 35 which is a plain 5% dmg increase).

Now my friend who is also a ret with 7/7 EN M and 2/3 ToV M experience and 889 ilvl equipped with 2 best in slot legendaries sims for 441330 dps.

Notice that it's a 18k difference.

PLEASE STOP being the victims of stereotypes and learn to use something except Pawn.
    At least check warcraftlogs before mindlessly declining people who can actually shine in your group.
    You can tank and heal as a paladin. Do that and finding groups is not a problem.
    "But I'm a DPS"? Yes, you and the other 200 that sign up for that mythic+ the same sec I make the group. There is no problem finding people with 880+ so why woudn't I?

There are dozens of dds for every pug, so i choose the ones with the highest potential.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You can tank and heal as a paladin. Do that and finding groups is not a problem.
    "But I'm a DPS"? Yes, you and the other 200 that sign up for that mythic+ the same sec I make the group. There is no problem finding people with 880+ so why woudn't I?
    Again, once I sign up to join your group, you're going to see me as a 880 paladin (because that's what my overall ilvl is).
    But I do have 872 ilvl gear equipped.
    Now when you summon me, inspect me and find out I'm using a 835 ring you're going to grow somewhat suspicious.
    I use that ring for a solid reason: it gives me 6% haste, and having 6% haste from a single piece of gear is pretty awesome because I can work towards obtaining gear with other useful stats without having to increase my haste rating any further.

But you don't gonna give a damn, you're just gonna be like "This retard is using a 835 BoE ring, has he just dinged or something?" and kick me.

While using this ring actually gives me 4k DPS extra compared to the 875 EN HC one.

In other words, whenever you pick a 880+ character over a 870 one, it doesn't always mean you made the right choice.

I honestly can't be bothered to argue anymore.
    - Give the sword to Verral, he's got russian damage dealer prio.
    © Twentytwo

Make your own group, its so much easier.