Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    Kinda like all those kids saying Trump isn't their president. (Half of whom didn't even vote) I think his comments are backlash to those people.
    I feel like laughing quietly or shitposting on the internet are better ways to backlash than yelling on a plane...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    My guess would be a low IQ and innately poor impulse control. I'm open to other hypotheses though. Certainly we should consider the possibility that he's a ridiculous narcissist, that he's moderately brain damaged, or that he's quite drunk. It could easily be all of the above!
    Trump did take the lead with uneducated voters by a huge margin, something like 19 points the night of the election?

Then again the Republicans have been working hard to build a coalition of bigots and morons (via the Southern Strategy) for the votes they couldn't outright steal through mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens. So either way they would have the uneducated voters on lockdown, which they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    Kinda like all those kids saying Trump isn't their president
    Reminds me of all those triggered right-wing racists ranting about Obama being "Not my president" for eight years. The sad thing is those were adult conservatives instead of the kids you're making fun of for having an opinion.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Didn't look triggered, looked like he was celebrating.

The triggeringers were the ones that banned him from their crappy airline.

GO TRUMP!
    Was probably banned for causing disturbance and acting like a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    I can safely state he was surely drunk on moonshine.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You'd have to be a total ideologue to defend behavior like that. You aren't less of a Trump supporter if you call out other Trump supporters when they say and do stupid shit.
    I think we all know why this thread got started in the first place.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Trump did take the lead with uneducated voters by a huge margin, something like 19 points the night of the election?

Then again the Republicans have been working hard to build a coalition of bigots and morons (via the Southern Strategy) for the votes they couldn't outright steal through mass voter disfranchisement of US citizens. So either way they would have the uneducated voters on lockdown, which they did.
    I think you're thinking of uneducated whites. Overall, the education gaps weren't that large (exit polls) with the high school or less group going 51-46 Trump and college grads going 49-44 Clinton.

Of course, it's only uneducated whites that are worth looking down on. Uneducated Hispanics are the backbone to the country and worthy of much praise for their informed voting decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Probably.

I wonder if its policy to perma-ban somebody for causing a disturbance or if Delta made a special case for him cause Trump.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean he did insult other passengers on the flight

Airplanes are hardly the right forum for political rants and it also makes the person look like a fucking idiot.

was banning him excessive, maybe but next time he might show a little more situational awareness rather than act like a fool.

Deleted
    If I'd gotten up from my seat and started yelling and causing a scene I'd probably be banned from an airline too. It's at their discretion. So what else do you wanna know about this?

Local idiot gets banned from flying with an airline? Consensus is a humming of general nonchalance?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Every other time he'd attempted his rant people just walked away. When he had so many people trapped it was the perfect opportunity and he couldn't pass it up.
    I guess it makes sense, airplanes should have an airlock for this kind of people.

The moment they act up they get tossed out the airlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Trump but damn that was cringe worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I think we all know why this thread got started in the first place.
    I genuinely do not.

Regardless, that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

As with the other thread, this is becoming less about "Someone being banned on a plane for what they said" and more about "Attacking the other political spectrum", which isn't allowed here.

So on that note, I'm going to close this here before it spirals out even further. While there might be a reasonable discussion to have about the merits of banning someone from an airline for this act, it's clear this thread has already become too focused on the political bashing side of it. If someone wants to start a new discussion about it while leaving out the political insulting side of it, feel free to and include to keep political bashing out of it please!