Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    This logic doesn't make sense. If low CP is better with flat modifiers on all damage, then it's better without them as well. The only reason to maximize uptime during CDs would be because the different mechanics at play there make it worth it. I. E.: Kingsbane and nightstalker rupture.
    That's kinda what I was saying; but I see your point, the thing is to know what "low Cp, as in amount" is the breaking point. Normally you would be shooting for Envenom uptime (specially with Kingsbane), then we have Surge of Toxins + EP. Now imagine EP does not exist, what would be the threshold then? ~40% crit makes Envenom uptime kinda trivial with some pooling, Surge of Toxins is a bit trickier but gets overshadowed by EP's dps boost.
    Thing is, if 1-2 CP finishers (granting 100% Ep uptime) would be viable, everyone would be doing that, taking all the fun from the spec. Same would be if you could mantain 100% uptime using 6 CP finishers just as easily, no real fun nor sense of accomplishment whatsoever. So we usually decide to max uptime during cd's and juggle 4-6 CP finsishers otherwise (or less depending on what's happening).

Deleted
    I love how everyone always forgets surge of toxins in this kind of discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    I love how everyone always forgets surge of toxins in this kind of discussion.
    We could agree that EP is more important than SoT, but due to their durations and way they activate, we could say that managing one is managing both.
    And if you take MP instead of EP, managing Envenom uptime (like before) is enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    We could agree that EP is more important than SoT, but due to their durations and way they activate, we could say that managing one is managing both.
    And if you take MP instead of EP, managing Envenom uptime (like before) is enough.
    You´re missing my point, SoT makes higher CP envenoms better anyway, because it boosts AP by a lot. Making 1/2 cp finishers not good at all.

Deleted
    From what I tested on a Boss Dummy (200M Dmg each, Ilvl 880, 3xMA Relics, ~40% Crit, ~100% Mastery):

Master Posioner < Low CP Finishers for 100% EP Uptime < Using EP but ignoring it (always finishing at 5/6) < Trying to not let EP drop during Vendetta/Bota/Vanish-Rupture

Master Poisoner is very bad for me, while keeping up EP during buffs is a good 10% DPS gain over the other to playstyles (they are pretty close to each other in terms of dps).

Your results may me different, ofc.
    Last edited by mmocfcad8d3ba9; 2016-12-05 at 10:50 AM.

Deleted
    Shouldn't we also take into acount the Poison bomb proc, so more envenoms(regardles of the cp) = more poison bombs and thus doing more damage?

Ive typically gone 4+ outside CDs. And keeping EP up at all costs inside Vendetta/BotA/Kingsbane etc etc. On pure single target it always yields best results for me.

Hard to gauge how I am parsing as Blizzards retarded legendary system has left me miles behind the lucky people.

Orange parser here. Everyone is kind of skating around the whole idea of it but you want to maintain EP to a point where you are not wasting energy or combo points. During CDs the amount of combo points you use towards your Envenom is kind of irrelevant as long as you are not wasting energy or extra combo points. Outside of your Cool downs you are going to still want to try and keep up EP but try not to use anything below 4 combo points. When you play a lot you get a sense of when it is a good idea to wait for another mutilate or when you should just use Envenom. However during CDs if you are energy starved and EP is about to drop, use what you have, otherwise if its 3 or below and you have the energy to spare pop a mutilate. Outside of CDs you are not going to be able keep up EP so its all about using Envenom at the highest amount of combo points without wasting any combo points. I.E. not popping a mutilate at 4 because there is a good chance you just wasted 1-2 combo points.

Edit: Master poisoner is actually really strong for AoE but is pretty far behind EP on Single target. The AoE rotation with MP is really fun however put up about 3-4 Ruptures and keep up the Envenom buff and spam Fan of Knives. You can fish for PB procs and if you get lucky ull do around 1 to 1.5 mill dmg but if you dont want to chance it just stick with the 800-1mill dmg spamming FoK. For single target depending on the boss Agonizing poison will pull ahead. It all depends on whether or not you can keep the buff up or not, I have found that on fights like dragons and Xavisu you can actually do a lot more with Ex. Having Deadly Poison allows you to maintain dots a lot easier where Agonizing Poison really only lets you sit on one target.
    Last edited by Neeks13; 2016-12-06 at 11:52 AM.