Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Pretty ironic
    Aww someone has hurt feels because kiddies these days are too dumb to realize that if they are getting bullied, that standing up for yourself and taking action in a system that does nothing to stop it, is the only way to stop it. That is how I learned to deal with bullies and that was back before we had social media and bullies had the stones to harass you to your face, unlike the spineless millennial generation of today. If you want something dealt with, take action yourself, because based on my experiences as a kid, the schools don't have the fucking balls to deal with bullying themselves, just like most parents don't.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-12-04 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Aww someone has hurt feels because kiddies these days are too dumb to realize that if they are getting bullied, that standing up for yourself and taking action in a system that does nothing to stop it, is the only way to stop it.
    Zero tolerance policies make it pretty hard to stand up for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I agree. and cancer patients should just grow thicker skin and stop being sick.
    Has nothing to do with cancer patients. Cancer is an objective physical illness, something you have no control of, not something you induce on yourself willingly.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2016-12-04 at 10:51 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

It's a sad story, but frankly I don't think cyberbulling is the problem here. The kid imo would have committed suicide anyways. There are other roots to such responses as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    It's a sad story, but frankly I don't think cyberbulling is the problem here. The kid imo would have committed suicide anyways. There are other roots to such responses as that.
    She killed her self in front of her family. She wanted them to suffer. There is a lot more to this story then simply bullying.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The only person responsible for a suicide is the person who takes their own life.
    Exactly this. A bully isn't responsible for her suicide.

The only thing the bully can be held accountable for is the bullying itself, which is only a minor thing, the suicide doesn't factor into this.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zero tolerance policies make it pretty hard to stand up for yourself.
    If there was real zero tolerance, anyone who bullies people would be expelled from the education system permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Has nothing to do with cancer patients. Cancer is an objective physical illness, something you have no control of, not something you induce on yourself willingly.
    People don't have control over mental illness either. She did not induce this willingly. I highly doubt that she told these people to harass her. Telling her that she should just leave social media because of these assholes is victim blaming. You might as well say that rape victims brought it on themselves because they wear revealing clothing. They should just wear winter clothes all year long.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    If there was real zero tolerance, anyone who bullies people would be expelled from the education system permanently.
    In an ideal world yes but as it stands here in the US both parties get in trouble. So the only real option kids have is to report it to the school who more often than not do fuck all about it and the police who can't do anything either.

This isn't a case of "spineless millennials" it's the baby boomers heading these school boards that came up with these retarded rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    She killed her self in front of her family. She wanted them to suffer. There is a lot more to this story then simply bullying.
    There are literally million of kids getting bullied every day, why don't they kill themselves?
    There are other factors in play here.

There are literally million of kids getting bullied every day, why don't they kill themselves?
    What fantasy world do you live in where every person reacts in the exact same way to various different stimuli?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah probably like... mental illness. Inb4 leftist conspiracy

The responses on here are part of the reason this problem isn't going anywhere.

"She's responsible for her own actions, I don't care"
    "get thicker skin"
    "change your cell phone number"
    "shes weak, she made a choice"

etc. etc.

So many uneducated little kids posting here.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    In an ideal world yes but as it stands here in the US both parties get in trouble. So the only real option kids have is to report it to the school who more often than not do fuck all about it and the police who can't do anything either.

This isn't a case of "spineless millennials" it's the baby boomers heading these school boards that came up with these retarded rules.
    Well, yeah. The school boards are spineless too, they are in Canada I can assure you of that. I used physical defense against verbal attacks to deal with bullies, and it worked, and I didn't entirely get in trouble. I actually got in trouble more for reacting verbally rather than fighting to defend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    The responses on here are part of the reason this problem isn't going anywhere.

"She's responsible for her own actions, I don't care"
    "get thicker skin"
    "change your cell phone number"
    "shes weak, she made a choice"

etc. etc.

I'm eagerly waiting for the solution for Cyber-Bullying that isn't "unplug and /ignore", oh holy mightier than us forum-dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    ok

how did she get a gun? probably her parents' fault.

I'm so tired of this generation... I didn't have facebook growing up. I barely used myspace... I didn't have a computer until I was 15. Didn't start playing World of Warcraft until I was 17.

ur kids dont need a fuckin smartphone. buy them a shitty lil obamaphone if you're worried about being able to contact them whenever you need to. they are so young and easily influenced, they don't need to be introduced to something as stupid and useless as social media at such a young age.

God fucking help me if I ever have kids that do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm eagerly waiting for the solution for Cyber-Bullying that isn't "unplug and /ignore", oh holy mightier than us forum-dude.
    Unplug and ignore what? They put her pictures and phone numbers up on websites so people would contact her for sex. I mean what fucking website should she unplug to stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You sic the lawyers on the bully and his family. Financially ruining someone is almost as good as putting them in prison.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Other factors such as a profile being setup so she would be contacted for sex? You cracked the fuckin case Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Uh, no. It's actually kind of disgusting that you're wishing for kids to murder each other.
    No more disgusting than your post defending the kids that bullied a little girl until she killed herself.