Thread: Pugs man...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm not sure what you hope to gain from this thread.. Yes, people suck. No, you can't do anything about it.
    Venting and catharsis, looking for human feedback and a little support, I'd imagine.

Are you this socially inept? I mean I see the little girl anime avatars and shit but I mean... it's a fucking forum, what do you think it's for?

Deleted
    I remember once in Wrath, Where i went in to a random dungeon, and tanked.

Thing was, everybody was from the same guild, and VERY well equipped lol

3 melee's equipped with the legendary from ICC and the healer equipped with the legendary weapon from Ulduar, while being in dps spec (Cant remember what classes they all were playing)

If i put it like this: The mobs MELTED, just melted in front of me so to speak.. I had no chance of dotting up (i was a blood DK), no chance in hell to keep the aggro, they dident really need me in that dungeon lol, but we had some fun, and then departed.

They were there for a mount in Upgarde keep or whatever it was called.

But i have also tried where 2-3-4 people from the same guild has been just straight out assholes towards any in the group.

that's pugging. But keep in mind, there IS friendly people out there, you just have to look after them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They were many things but I don't think they were toxic. They were bad / ignorant / inconsiderate. But we get it, you learnt a new buzzword and feel compelled to throw it out there, no matter how wrong the context.

isn't what I explained the definition of being toxic? being rude to somene without having a good reason while not bringing anything good to the table? (basically being rude for the sake of being rude)

for me being a premate group and balming the randoms only because they are "the randoms" is being toxic.

they were bad? ofc they were. Wasn't the point tho.

they were ignorant? maybe. Imo it was more about not having to face reality. (they were overwhelmed by the difficullty - like hating the kid who scores an A while you and your friends barely made/failed the test)

they were inconsiderate? I think this goes hand in hand with being toxic. (because you don't really care anymore)

So maybe you get triggered by the word "toxic" but not everyone who uses this term likes to throw around buzzwords.

Deleted
    Just tried pugging normal tov on odyn tanks died from not getting far enough away from eachother and on guarm people kept failing on his charge and they often stood infront of boss and died due that. I know pugs usaly arent great, but still how can people keep failing on guarms simple mechanics i dont get.

Haven't had an opportunity to do much of a pugging in Legion, thanks to my guildmates.
    But still from those very few occasions of me actually pugging with somebody recently, I can say this is even worse than it was in WoD.
    And by worse, I mean reaaally worse.
    Probably the game has changed too much with all the legendaries, artifacts and new class desing.

I got put into a heroic VH as tank the other day. The first thing I said was "do not touch the switches" and before the first trash pack spawned all 4 switches were used. I teleported out and watched the group die and release several times until I was eventually kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    You can bet that if I join a dungeon and see a DPS doing approx 1/5 my damage I'm going to investigate. There's very little reason for someone to be that far behind if they're trying. You can be bad all you want, but fucking try. Push a button every second, even if its the wrong one, but you're not sitting afk while I do the work for you.
    interesting - do you even know how much power creep we have during this expansion ? just last night i dinged my druid to 110 - and did few hcs for class campaign and know what i did less then 1/5 of dmg that hunter was doin in HoV but not because i was afk or not trying - if you checked my activity it would be 95 % + - it wa because he had 880 itlv with for ssure many traits while i had 815 with 790 relics ,13 traits and no matter how much i tried and want to i wouldnt be able to push more - its not always lack of trying or not pushing buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things like these sadly happen at all times. It makes me so, SO angry that in a multi-player environment you're just going to tunnel vision things, slowing you down for hours.
    I mean, the hiding mob has a buff that says "regenerating 10% health every second" and stops attacking when you look at him (I think it even says that in the chat). How freaking dense do you need to be to not make 2+2 and realize you gotta leave him alone? But nooo, there are other 3 people doing that. And the worst offender is being ignored when you are telling them the way to do things, because just maybe you don't want to spend hours on a 3-expansions-old instance.

I think I had a similar amount on cringe on just two occasions:
    -Heroic Ursoc, well after Emerald Nightmare got released, being wiped by a guy running aimlesly while being focused for the charge. I can't fathom how you can get to 875 ilvl without knowing half of the fight.
    -Rated EotS, where our rogue just constantly said "INC" and the second after the flag would be stolen by the enemy faction. And when called out, he even had the nerve to say "I did call for inc!"; sure, dude! We're lucky we can teleport around the area and could get there in 0.1 seconds to help. Wait, we can't. That's why we lost the damn RBG.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I already know you didn't read the OP so now I'm trying to resolve why you're even bringing up biology or shoes, none of that is relevant, nor does it make you look as alpha or smart as you think it does.

The only part relevant to the discussion here is your disagreement on whether or not you attacked him. So instead of opening with logical and clear cut examples you opted for and I quote:

These comments clearly fall under the category of attacking because they do not serve a purpose other than demean his character rather than his statements. So now that we've established your intent on attacking him personally instead of refuting his statements (like a real alpha would ) we can move on. If you would like to refute this statement then by all means please do, but provide clear examples of where OP demonstrated a fragile little ego, was paranoid, uptight, and a know-it-all, as well as where he performed/acted worse than his peers did.

No one here is saying you weren't straight up or open so again not sure why you're bringing this up. All I am attempting to accomplish is for you to be straight up and open without name calling, especially unsubstantiated name calling. It doesn't offend me in any capacity lol, I just like to see discussion at a higher level and you going down the path of the degenerate pollutes the spirit of the discussion.

Now - regarding your hilariously inept notion that I cannot think for myself or that I'm conditioned as some lemming, to put simply you're out of your damn mind lol.

The fact that I can think for myself is exactly how I dismantled your pathetic post.
    I've been following this series of posts, and I agree with you on every point. No one in their right mind would defend those four bots that made a nightmare out of a timewalking. However, I believe you should stop arguing with him/her, because the only replies you will get will be "Oooh look I managed to turn you on", "It still burns it seems", "It stings, eh?", and so on and so forth.
    This is the typical reaction of someone who did get roasted and is out of arguments, so there's no point really.

Something like this is why I refuse to pug

I thought this was going to be about dogs.... disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tronus View Post
    Something like this is why I refuse to pug
    You only ever run content with mates + guildies? Must be super popular or in a super active guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It's just a timewalking dungeon for fuck's sake. I never have any problems with them, because I just roll with the good and bad of it all. And we always come out on top, because I'm both COOL and GOOD. That's alpha shit for you right there.
    Dunno, the fact that it is a TIMEWALKING DUNGEON does not mean that it is completeable with 1 adequate person, moreso since it is a Cata timewalking dungeon which gets pretty rough in lots of places. No, really, stop acting like TW dungeon is easier than wiping an ass. It isn't. Wiping there is easy as hell, be it bosses or trash (specifically trash). Just get yourself 2-3 morons in a group instead of normal players, and you're almost guaranteed to wipe.

2OP: Welcome to our club of NeverPug.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-12-06 at 10:13 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    There's your first mistake.

Whenever I see that the majority of the group is from the same guild I prepare myself for major bullshit. Being unable to kick douchebags/bads, being immediately kicked for not skipping every pack possible and having to deal with "hilarious" tomfoolery are but the start of why I consider leaving as soon as I see the majority of the group is in the same guild.
    Sadly I tend to be in this boat. I am usually happier when I am in a group of 100% randoms than a 4 people of the same guild. When you have people all of the same guild it pretty much automatically means it is your fault when anything goes wrong. Tank gets knocked of the ledge? Your fault. DPS stands in fire? Yup -- it's you. Healer doesn't heal you during group wide AOE? You should have been getting out of fire.

Then if you say anything and I do mean anything it will be taken as an insult by one of them. I swear when you go in as a guild group I feel it is almost like they have the desire to kick people.

Shit is just toxic. Odds are if see a full guild group in a 5 man random I will just leave right then instead of dealing with that.

I mostly tank for my guild, and it really is so much nicer. Yeah, you have to invest some time in finding the right guild - the one with goals and temperament similar to your own - and you may have to go through two or three before you find it. But gee it's great to have actual friends to hang out with in Discord and learn new fights with and derp with and make fun of and clear content while having fun.

All that said, I do pug a dungeon every day for satchel and artifact power, so I see it all: the super pro don't-really-need-a-tank groups, the loveable but clueless noobies, and the worst: the drama rage finger-pointing groups.

My mindset for pugs has gotten SO much better since watching this Preach Gaming guide for basic tanking. Really all of his videos convey this same mindset. You go into pugs expecting the very least, assuming your group will be clueless, while also watching for signs of competence that may allow you to speed things up a bit. He doesn't get mad when his healer is lost and his DPS doesn't interrupt or move out of fire. He laughs and tries to help but chalks it up to pugs-as-usual and keeps 'ballin'. He has fun.

I can see where that might be easier as tank than healer lol, since tanks aren't limited by how fast the rest are moving, and we can decide what we want to pull and whether to tank what others pull.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it sounded like they were all bots

P.S. - OP I would have left that group too. You can only do so much.

- - - Updated - - -

While we're at it, how about the times you get kicked from fail groups for trying to help them?
    One of my guild mates and I pugged some TW and joined a End Times group that was in progress. That's often a bad sign... what happened to their first tank and other DPS? Oh well we know the dungeon and we're here now so it should be fine, right? Well sort of. We wipe once on Baine because even though my mate is throwing the totem back their DPS is so low we literally run out of islands to stand on, but I focus more on DPS and we get him 2nd time. Then on Jaina they ninja pull her while I'm still trying to solo-clear a patrol. I pick her up and try really hard to finish her off but eventually she lands on one of the patrols and I can't solo her plus the healers so it's a wipe again. All I say is "maybe this time let the tank pull?", but then my mate tells me they are voting to kick me and we're laughing then I'm out. On top of that, their group leader whispers insults to me, which was convenient since it made it easy to add him to my ignore list.

Hard to figure people sometimes, but we laughed it off, queued again, and probably finished before they did.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-12-06 at 10:37 AM. Reason: was getting my stories mixed up, this is correct

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is good. So instead of thinking "Hey, cool...only 2 shitty PuGs in 8 years" we get a full on rant. But at least you got that off your chest

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I try and remeber the good times. And those were most of them. I got "The Patient" achievement with like 10 bad PuGs, maybe 25-30 average and the rest nice and smooth.

Got into a TW Grim Batol yesterday and though "Oh..this shit" only to see all except the last boss dead. So...nice. Quick 500 badges (my first run). Turns out, they just kicked 2 dps for bein retarded on last boss. Healer askes "Do you know tactics". Sure..kill adds, stand in swirly thing. Off we go. Smooth kill. And what a joy to see relieved people thanking each other and being decent towards each other.

But ofc I didn't feel making a thread about something positive....
    Meh ~ MMO-C is a forum for WoW players. Where better to share our joys and frustrations with people who might understand? I don't mind people griping occasionally - getting it off their chest - as long as they don't get caustic or get carried away with hyperbole.

Deleted
    I pugged an Arcway 13. It was a pretty solid group damage and heal-wise, but the group leader and tank had a mythic ursoc vantus rune activated. This should have been the moment i leave and call it a day, but me being the nice person stayed.

To my surprise we actually managed to work our way through Arcway in a record time of 50 minutes and only some minor fuckups (wiping 3 times on first boss, since not placing the zones directly over the boss wasn't a priority for the DK-Tank).

So i'm superhappy that we nearly finished this and all giddy about the 1 870 chest we will going to get, to keep my h-pally mate happy. He's already kind of pissed, because the tank seems to be shit and we aren't really used to 1 chesting things, but with everyone raiding we had no other choice than to pug.

So we pull last boss and the DK-Tank just refuses to move him away from the orbs. Like not even trying to move an inch and using his immunities to survive while standing in there. To nobody's surprise we wipe after i die in p1 and the Enhancer dies in p2. So back we run to the boss and while we run the Shammy in a suprisingly polite way tells the DK to please move the boss away from the orbs, so we can actually do damage.

This is where all took a turn.

Instead of reacting the the critisicm the dk just posts his details with "Enhancer died from from volatile mana" and is like "you died from something else so obviously i did nothing wrong and my tactic is perfect". Nevermind that having moving 20 orbs around the freaking boss on fucking lvl 13 tyrannical might lead to some missteps by the dps, but oh well. We tell him, still in a nice way, that moving the boss would make the job for everyone easier. This must have somehow hurt his ego even worse. He kicked the Shammy and wrote "ready?" into group chat. I told him in a not very polite way, that either he reinvs the shammy or he gets no fuckin loot at all, since i don't care to do a 13 tyrannical with 4 people and certainly not when the tank refuses to deal with a simple mechanic.

DK casts Death Gate. Never going to pug anything above 10 ever again.

I remember myself and my fiancée pugging a TW dungeon a while back. I was on my Nelf shadow priest, and she was on her nelf DK tank.

The other 2 dps and the healer were all from the same guild. Right at the start of the dungeon the other 2 dps just rush off and pull literally everything in sight, die in a matter of seconds and then start ranting in chat. You know noob tank that kind of nonsense. All while this crap was going on, the two of us just found a corner and waited to shadowmeld

So after that nonsense start to the dungeon, my fiancée politely types in party chat - let the tank pull and this will go a lot smoother for all of us

She then waits for the party to be ready and proceeds to pull. The other 2 dps just deliberately stand and watch and the healer deliberately decides not to heal in an attempt to wipe us. Erm ok...

1. It's timewalking
    2. It's a Blood DK
    3. I can offheal as a shadowpriest to some extent

Upset that we didn't wipe they continue the trash talk and attempt to vote kick my fiancée

At this point I've had enough, I start a vote kick myself - I choose the guy most toxic in chat with the trash talk and for the reason enter - NOOB TANK L2P!

Of course I told my finacée to just hit yes and the rest of the group don't even read who they are kicking so the vote goes through!

The other 2 guys just kind of look at each other and slowly realise what they did. Childish on my part but damn did we laugh our asses off at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arensky View Post
    I pugged an Arcway 13. It was a pretty solid group damage and heal-wise, but the group leader and tank had a mythic ursoc vantus rune activated. This should have been the moment i leave and call it a day, but me being the nice person stayed.

To my surprise we actually managed to work our way through Arcway in a record time of 50 minutes and only some minor fuckups (wiping 3 times on first boss, since not placing the zones directly over the boss wasn't a priority for the DK-Tank).

So i'm superhappy that we nearly finished this and all giddy about the 1 870 chest we will going to get, to keep my h-pally mate happy. He's already kind of pissed, because the tank seems to be shit and we aren't really used to 1 chesting things, but with everyone raiding we had no other choice than to pug.

So we pull last boss and the DK-Tank just refuses to move him away from the orbs. Like not even trying to move an inch and using his immunities to survive while standing in there. To nobody's surprise we wipe after i die in p1 and the Enhancer dies in p2. So back we run to the boss and while we run the Shammy in a suprisingly polite way tells the DK to please move the boss away from the orbs, so we can actually do damage.

This is where all took a turn.

Instead of reacting the the critisicm the dk just posts his details with "Enhancer died from from volatile mana" and is like "you died from something else so obviously i did nothing wrong and my tactic is perfect". Nevermind that having moving 20 orbs around the freaking boss on fucking lvl 13 tyrannical might lead to some missteps by the dps, but oh well. We tell him, still in a nice way, that moving the boss would make the job for everyone easier. This must have somehow hurt his ego even worse. He kicked the Shammy and wrote "ready?" into group chat. I told him in a not very polite way, that either he reinvs the shammy or he gets no fuckin loot at all, since i don't care to do a 13 tyrannical with 4 people and certainly not when the tank refuses to deal with a simple mechanic.

DK casts Death Gate. Never going to pug anything above 10 ever again.
    I sympathize. I really try to wait for guild mates or friends before doing high M+. I get sucked into tanking for a friend in some pug occasionally, but just because we're friends. Personally, I don't need the loot that bad.