Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    MV Kaa all your post are in this manner, you seam so much better than everybody but your short and random statements make me think you don't really know much about the balance druid.
    If you want to be taken seriously you should start argumenting your statements.

For example, your last statement "There is nothing hard work about sunfire, full moon, LS, and starfall..", well guess what, no decent moonkin will every say it's Hard.
    All that the players that don't have their heads in their asses are saying is that it takes a lot of time to prepare the damage delivery, and when the preparations are ready, that damage delivery is Vastly / hugely inferior to that of other classes that have instant access to it.

I chose to think you do not understand what others are saying...
    But maybe you can't and I'm wasting my breath trying to make you a better person.
    What are you even talking about? Why are you coming at me with that attitude when it was the other guy that said it was hard to AoE? I am sorry that I am not on the bangwagon of "boomkins are the worst class in the game". I know it is pretty full nowadays but come on, just because someone disagrees doesnt mean they are wrong. Learn to have a decent discussion without crying that someone has a different opinion than you.

Yes, we have bad burst aoe, But we have one of the best sustained aoe which is why we do better in 12+ M+. We cant be good at everything.

I've come to realise something. Most high end players don't come here to complain of how sucky balance is in aoe or st ot tanking or pick pocketing. They may come here to read some stuff, but don't complain.
    So considering you, the not high end player, will never perform 100% in the arts of balance druid, can you stop complaining about how sucky it is and just have fun with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    I've come to realise something. Most high end players don't come here to complain of how sucky balance is in aoe or st ot tanking or pick pocketing. They may come here to read some stuff, but don't complain.
    So considering you, the not high end player, will never perform 100% in the arts of balance druid, can you stop complaining about how sucky it is and just have fun with it?
    Who are you talking to?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Also Echoing Stars buff because it's the worst gold trait in the entire game
    Don't make me laugh http://www.wowhead.com/spell=191741

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    You plural form. All of you complaining how bad AoE is, how bad ST is, how we are not mages, how you can't top charts etc.
    Method world first had a Balance Druid at number 8 when Helya was @19% HP. In the end it was bellow #9, but still very close. So if it's viable for a freaking world first, it's viable for all you casuals.

Just enjoy the chicken and stop complaining. It's a fun class.

You plural form. All of you complaining how bad AoE is, how bad ST is, how we are not mages, how you can't top charts etc.
    Method world first had a Balance Druid at number 8 when Helya was @19% HP. In the end it was bellow #9, but still very close. So if it's viable for a freaking world first, it's viable for all you casuals.

Oh so you arnt talking to ME because I feel the same as you

So because a world first guild had a balance druid it means they are totally fine? Yeah sorry we don't jump to conclusions just like that.

I'm not saying they are or aren't fine, I'm just saying your conclusion with that little bit of data to go on is stretching it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    So because a world first guild had a balance druid it means they are totally fine? Yeah sorry we don't jump to conclusions just like that.

I'm not saying they are or aren't fine, I'm just saying your conclusion with that little bit of data to go on is stretching it quite a bit.
    I didn't say totally fine. I didn't even said fine. I said viable.
    I agree with the fact that the ramp up is freaking annoying and even when you manage to get it, a mage or DH will surely be ahead of you, but I'm talking from my pro-raider-wanna-be-but-can't-cause-no-time-gotta-work casual experience, the spec is fun and manageable. I was in an M+ with 2 Fire mages, 10 ilvls over me. I never out dpsed them, but I was very close to them all the time. Yes, you could say "well the mages were bad players that's why". Yes I agree, but it doesn't matter, it was a casual run and I gotta say, it was fun. I like running around, I like typhooning adds and saving the tank. I like being helpful.
    There's a saying "a dead dps is no dps". So I'd rather typhoon to save the tank from Necrotic than to tunnel vision dps like a moron.

Anyway, what I meant is that most of chickens complain like it's the end of the world, that the class sucks ass etc. But if top end guilds use them, that means they don't suck that much ass, they are VIABLE.

Peace out and remember to /flap.

Yes, we have bad burst aoe, But we have one of the best sustained aoe which is why we do better in 12+ M+. We cant be good at everything.
    I'm always curious regarding these statements (I don't do 10+, and anyway I mostly tank M+ because it's waaaay easier to find a group that way).

According to warcraft logs, balance sits at (normalized values) :
    - M+2 : 72.8 (75th percentile), 75.9 (90th percentile)
    - M+5 : 72.9 (75th percentile), 69.2 (90th percentile)
    - M+10 : 74.9 (75th percentile), 76 (90th percentile)
    - M+12 : 75.4 (75th percentile), 74.5 (90th percentile)

In all these cases, we are also in the bottom third of of the table.

So basically, it seems that while mobs living longer should be good news for us, other classes still remain significantly above us.

To get an example with actual dps, on 90th percentile M+12 there are :
    - 9 classes between 400k and 430k (plus 2 at 398k and 399 respectively that I'm not including)
    - balance sits in 17th position with 367k

My feeling is that so far, we're "kinda viable", but it's still frustrating to be unable to generate competitive aoe even when putting lots of effort in there.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    I'm always curious regarding these statements (I don't do 10+, and anyway I mostly tank M+ because it's waaaay easier to find a group that way).

- M+2 : 72.8 (75th percentile), 75.9 (90th percentile)
    - M+5 : 72.9 (75th percentile), 69.2 (90th percentile)
    - M+10 : 74.9 (75th percentile), 76 (90th percentile)
    - M+12 : 75.4 (75th percentile), 74.5 (90th percentile)

In all these cases, we are also in the bottom third of of the table.

So basically, it seems that while mobs living longer should be good news for us, other classes still remain significantly above us.

To get an example with actual dps, on 90th percentile M+12 there are :
    - 9 classes between 400k and 430k (plus 2 at 398k and 399 respectively that I'm not including)
    - balance sits in 17th position with 367k

My feeling is that so far, we're "kinda viable", but it's still frustrating to be unable to generate competitive aoe even when putting lots of effort in there.
    But your "feeling" is just from looking at logs, honestly who runs logs for M+ lol. And the boomkins dont even run SD, which is a huge boost to aoe dps.

Oh you mean how they have the emerald dreamcatcher? You know, the legendary that our class is balanced around? Thought so

- - - Updated - - -

What are you even talking about? Why are you coming at me with that attitude when it was the other guy that said it was hard to AoE? I am sorry that I am not on the bangwagon of "boomkins are the worst class in the game". I know it is pretty full nowadays but come on, just because someone disagrees doesnt mean they are wrong. Learn to have a decent discussion without crying that someone has a different opinion than you.

I think you need to figure out how to read...noone said that the amount of work for aoe was hard...I said it requires high input for mediocre output. Which is completely true. For maximum output in aoe you have to double dot. Which takes a lot of time to setup. Sorry it's hard for you to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

If a balance druid is on World first kills then yeah it usually means they're fine for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Theres couple problems with using WCL as an argument.
    1) Is there enough people who log 5-man content? I don't personally know anyone from my competitive circle that would log 5-man content more than once or twice for "lulz"
    2) 5-man content requires more tanks than dungeon content thus classes with tank specs have to tank more often than they get to dps - compared to raiding. I know most of my moonkin friends tend to tank more than they actually dps because of the lack of tanks.
    3) Are people actually running with AoE specs rather than ST ones? AoE spec really makes a difference in the overall dps output even if it could make the run go slower than with ST spec
    4) Affixes? If you can't constantly pull a lot of mobs then it'll hurt our dps more than it does for those who can burst quickly and then need a small downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by extinction1337 View Post
    Still better than Echoing Stars. Most Moonkin probably wouldn't even notice if it did no damage, because... well, that's just it's normal effect.

I would like to point out that they still haven't updated Fury of Elune spell effects, even though iirc they tweeted about the current being a placeholder. Yet another class gets some spell FX, you guessed it, mages!

I would LOVE for it to be something starry! Like a shower of stars pouring down on the targeted area but in a torrent way. Or it could be something with those white ribbons the moon (Elune) brings out to take Ysera's spirit from her body, although that might be a calm "spell" used to handle a soul with delicacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glengolars View Post
    I would like to point out that they still haven't updated Fury of Elune spell effects, even though iirc they tweeted about the current being a placeholder. Yet another class gets some spell FX, you guessed it, mages!
    Why replace FX for a spell hardly anyone uses. Besides, we hold the record for longest placeholder anyway, Cheetah was also supposed to be a placeholder for Travel.

Because I actullay love the spec thematically even though I always try to min/max! Eventually it's gonna turn into something better and worth of using, why not look pretty in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Balance already has Innervate, doubt you'll get more utility than that.
    Oh yes, because Innervate is ever considered for bringing classes. Also virtually worthless in M+, about as worthless as we are. Yeah the 20% haste is nice, but the no mana casting is quite weak for a 10s window.

Stampeding Roar would at least be useful in many, many more situations.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Oh yes, because Innervate is ever considered for bringing classes. Also virtually worthless in M+, about as worthless as we are. Yeah the 20% haste is nice, but the no mana casting is quite weak for a 10s window.

Stampeding Roar would at least be useful in many, many more situations.
    Disc is broken because of innervates.

I just came on this thread because I thought I would be reading about changes.nerfs. Or improvements but ended up reading all these complaints.. Im having trouble getting into mythic + groups and I have a 100 druld.100 monk.100 lock and 100 warrior. And my 110 ret paladin gets no love and all I see are "declined" on my app lists to mythic + groups. I thought I would be sold here on what to lvl next. Or maybe I just need friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejedimex View Post
    I just came on this thread because I thought I would be reading about changes.nerfs. Or improvements but ended up reading all these complaints.. Im having trouble getting into mythic + groups and I have a 100 druld.100 monk.100 lock and 100 warrior. And my 110 ret paladin gets no love and all I see are "declined" on my app lists to mythic + groups. I thought I would be sold here on what to lvl next. Or maybe I just need friends
    The best way to do mythic+ is always with friends. They provide a steady group that you can voice chat with to make the farming less tedious.