Quote Originally Posted by Thornquist View Post
    This is false. They have on numerous occations noted that they had no problem paying the bills, latest by one of the developers who joined Alexensual on a live stream. Of course that wont stop anti-legacy people spouting the nonsense.

If I were to guess, I think they closed the server in a very public way to make such a big noise that Blizzard would realise that there is real demand for legacy.
    They succeeded.
    Well they kind of didn't. We still don't have official ones. The noise has actually died down a lot except that one guy at Blizzcon shouting "LEGACY". I mean yeah the demand is there but where is the noise now?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What opinion is that?! Please, enlighten me. All I've done is point out that your assertion that subscriber losses post-WotLK are due to the LFG being introduced is complete nonsense.
    I suppose that Vineri is forgetting, or just ignoring, the fact that, during WotLK, the game's subscriber number had actually reached a plateau, until LFG was introduced, which then we saw an increase in subscribers. Was it because of LFG or because Icecrown Citadel raid has been added? Who knows, but it's worth keeping it in mind.

<snip>
    Infracted: Do not link to articles about private servers {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-12-05 at 04:52 PM.

!7th of december they expect a release and a new server for new players

WE DO NOT ALLOW LINKS TO PRIVATE SERVERS
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-12-05 at 04:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Is there really any point in keeping this open now since people are purposely derailing it with links to servers?

Deleted
    pretty much better to close this thread unless mods want to ban these people linking stuff they shouldnt

Hell is coming.
    They are not prepared
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Hell is coming.
    They are not prepared
    For whom? Blizzard is not prepared, is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I suppose that Vineri is forgetting, or just ignoring, the fact that, during WotLK, the game's subscriber number had actually reached a plateau, until LFG was introduced, which then we saw an increase in subscribers. Was it because of LFG or because Icecrown Citadel raid has been added? Who knows, but it's worth keeping it in mind.
    You're underlined point is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You're underlined point is not correct.
    Patch 3.3 introduced the cross-realm Dungeon Finder with a queue and reward system. Patch 3.3 went live on December 8, 2009. Now, check this graph, published on MMO-Champion, and tell me what happened after patch 3.3, or, more specifically, December? Yup, a rise on subscriber count after it had plateau-ed at 11.5 million throughout almost the entire expansion until then.

EDIT: Also? It's "your underlined point", not "you're underlined point". I am not an underlined point, so your statement is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    What stops you from doing this now? You can easily ask for people to run a dungeon on your own realm by asking in the LFG channel. Are you really perturbed that other people are looking for other people from other realms for a faster dungeon run? How does this impact your personal experience in anyway?

Likewise with LFR, there's no reason to run this if you don't want to run it. You can simply start running Normal raids with your guild and completely skip the LFR content.

Not sure why legacy people claim that options available to other people ruin their experience, when they desire legacy servers as an option that current players don't have to use. Current players could say that creating legacy servers would ruin their experience, as it detracts from creating new content. Sounds like the same argument to me, honestly.
    I can explain some of this.

Take WoD for instance, or even Legion.

Nobody did the old raids even on Heroic/Mythic, because the 695/700 Baleful/PvP made them obsolete in reward and trivial in difficulty. Depending on your server, tz, guild and everything else it was hard to manually make a group that did it linearly - and even if you did, there was always things outside of raiding that were trivialized.

That's just one aspect of it anyway. I don't actually mind the RDF/LFG system since introduction of Mythic Dungeons, just that the dungeons on normal and heroic were made absolute garbage because of it (Hence Mythic has no RDF system, because RDF is incompatible with decent content).
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-12-05 at 06:07 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Patch 3.3 introduced the cross-realm Dungeon Finder with a queue and reward system. Patch 3.3 went live on December 8, 2009. Now, check this graph, published on MMO-Champion, and tell me what happened after patch 3.3, or, more specifically, December? Yup, a rise on subscriber count after it had plateau-ed at 11.5 million throughout almost the entire expansion until then.

EDIT: Also? It's "your underlined point", not "you're underlined point". I am not an underlined point, so your statement is wrong.
    Do you also know what happened in the following couple of months?

In December '09 the subs remained at 11.5million.

Oh, no a typo! I would suggest if you're going to point out other's typos it is a good idea to ensure that your own post is free from error.

In December '09 the subs remained at 11.5million.
    and tell me what happened after patch 3.3, or, more specifically, December?
    /10characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    Do you also know what happened in the following couple of months?
    Yeah, Cataclysm, an expansion that was considered worst expansion of all time for many, many people (up until WoD came along), went live. Your point?

Came back to play for legion. The whole LFR mentality (and the fact you can pick up and transfer servers at any point) Kinda poisons peoples attitudes.

/10characters
    What's your point? Why are you quoting yourself and underlining the word "after"? It even says in the sentence you quoted ".... or, more specifically, December?" Specifically in December, after 3.3, the subs remained at 11.5million (reported 31st December) which was the same as the Q4 '08 figure but less than the 12million Jean-Bernard Levy reported in the Vivendi March '09 conference call.

You were wrong why not just admit it instead trying to claim you meant something else (which is also wrong)?
    Last edited by Pann; 2016-12-05 at 06:38 PM.

Specifically in December, which was after 3.3?
    The patch 3.3 got introduced in December.

The patch 3.3 got introduced in December.
    The sub figures reported were after the release of 3.3, I even edited my post in order to avoid confusion.

So why not admit you didn't know what you were talking about and just wanted to mock Vineri? I mean, we can go through this silly little song and dance were you selectively quote my posts in order to try and change their meaning but will not change the fact that your claim "...until LFG was introduced, which then we saw an increase in subscribers." is wrong.

The sub figures reported were after the release of 3.3, I even edited my post in order to avoid confusion.
    Wow... it's like the effects of a new feature being implemented to the game on the subscriber count are felt over time, and not, you know, immediate and instantly.

So why not admit you didn't know what you were talking about.
    So ironic...

Wow... it's like the effects of a new feature being implemented to the game on the subscriber count are felt over time, and not, you know, immediate and instantly.

So ironic...
    The increase that you claim happened never happened. It is as simple as that.

But I see you're busy with your silly little selective quoting game.