Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    More than 3000 incidents with pipelines since 2010 in the US isn´t a real problem? Damn you americans surely hate your country.

- - - Updated - - -

So who are these people living in reservations?
    any idea what constitutes an incident? how many miles of pipes does america have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I am neither right wing
    LOL more jokes

For the official record I don't give a shit about this pipeline, the Indians, the vets, the police, or otherwise.
    That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    one if the most partisan posters in this board
    Talking to yourself in a mirror again there super spy?

All jokes aside, I thought this was interesting, if not completely predictable considering the fact that he would profit directly from it:

Trump to review Dakota pipeline ruling
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, I am not sure why you are quoting me. I am neither right wing nor do I recall even participating in this thread since it was created? I got some random notification I was mentioned in this thread and here I am.

For the official record I don't give a shit about this pipeline, the Indians, the vets, the police, or otherwise.
    Sorry, Titan. For some reason I thought I remembered you were a vet. I suppose I confused you with someone else. My apologies, sir.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    They will move it a mile upstream and finish it quietly before anyone notices.
    exactly the only reason it was going where it was is they were building a second pipeline next to the one that was already there and has been there for a few decades and the tribe has never complained about that one once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post

All jokes aside, I thought this was interesting, if not completely predictable considering the fact that he would profit directly from it:

Why should he even be allowed to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/04/politi...ine/index.html

Thoughts? I, for one, am glad that the Corps was willing to rethink their stance after all this time. Goes to show that public pressure can have an effect.

Except their source of water is upriver of the already rerouted once crossing, so it's a falsehood to state their water supply could be affected by a spill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post

For the same reason Obama had the right to take back drilling rights in the Arctic Ocean.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post

For the same reason Obama had the right to take back drilling rights in the Arctic Ocean.
    No idea if he got any monetary gain from it, so still wondering why a president is allowed to use his power for obvious personal gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Sorry, Titan. For some reason I thought I remembered you were a vet. I suppose I confused you with someone else. My apologies, sir.
    No big deal on the original "mention" I received I was just scratching my head. I even went back through the thread to make sure I had not posted something and forgot about it. lol

Espe on the other hand is just up to his usual bigoted antics. So nothing new there. He'll get banned, again, sooner or later for trolling.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-10 at 09:27 PM. Reason: infraction reversed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    any idea what constitutes an incident? how many miles of pipes does america have?
    It was posted a few pages ago, right around when i quoted you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Can't wait to see what the guy with a direct financial stake in the matter decides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I feel my fellow veterans involved with the protest are ill informed, although well intentioned.
    Mad respect to the vets who went out to Standing Rock to protect the protesters. Did you consider going as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Mad respect to the vets who went out to Standing Rock to protect the protesters. Did you consider going as well?
    No....

1. They are on the wrong side of the issue.
    2. My PTO is up until Jan
    3.I have a family is rather spend time with

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    It was posted a few pages ago, right around when i quoted you.
    and you still think there is a problem, even with the numbers? idk man i was hoping i was leading you somewhere but i dont think you could possibly ever get there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    and you still think there is a problem, even with the numbers? idk man i was hoping i was leading you somewhere but i dont think you could possibly ever get there.
    "Based on data from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), an arm of the U.S. Department of Transportation, the number of significant pipeline incidents grew 26.8 percent from 2006 to 2015. A significant incident is defined as one that results in serious injury or fatality, costs more than $50,000, releases more than five barrels of volatile fluids such as gasoline or 50 barrels of other liquids, or results in a fire or explosion. In 2015, there were 326 such incidents—almost one per day. "

"Some 55 percent of the U.S. network of 135,000 miles of pipeline is more than 45 years old. Technology designed to detect pipeline leaks is highly unreliable, even though companies like Colonial Pipeline tout their use as a way "to insure safe operations." But a recent Reuters report found that these technologies are "about as successful as a random member of the public" finding a leak. Of 466 incidents studied by Reuters, only 22 percent, or 105, were detected by advanced detection systems. The others were found in different ways, with the public finding 99 of the leaks."

"In testimony before a House subcommittee earlier this year, Carl Weimer, executive director of the watchdog group Pipeline Safety Trust, said, "Under the current statutes there is no requirement that a pipeline company obtain any permit or permission to operate a pipeline in this country." Weimer called on Congress to require PHMSA to issue permits for interstate transmission pipelines and ensure that the company follow all rules and regulations. "

Nope, there´s not a problem, there are a number of problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Hopefully Trump does something about this in January.
    Would you feel the same way if they were trying to build it through YOUR backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    LOL more jokes

That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Talking to yourself in a mirror again there super spy?

He sold his shares already

Opponents seek to tie up Dakota pipeline for years

Time will tell us where Trump thinks and does about it all.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if he got any monetary gain from it, so still wondering why a president is allowed to use his power for obvious personal gain.
    He sold his stock in the Pipe business in question.

Really, they can move it where ever the fuck they want, it'll still be on Native Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Mainer View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/04/politi...ine/index.html

Thoughts? I, for one, am glad that the Corps was willing to rethink their stance after all this time. Goes to show that public pressure can have an effect.
    This whole issue is nonsense, imo. If it wasn't Natives who were pissed, nobody would pay any attention to some jerk that refused money to have a pipeline built on his land, then gets upset when it's put on someone else's land. This pipeline does not affect them in ANY way, other than they didn't get the money.