Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Hey gotta link to this Discord haven for boomkins?
    https://discord.gg/BBzVenz

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Disregarding speedwise it also breaks roots
    Not exactly something we need that talent for. For that matter, DB doesn't actually break roots, the transformation to cat does.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Maybe Wild charge -> our of moonkin -> fly to ally?
    Doesn't look simple :/
    I've actually been using wild charge since hitting 110. I very much prefer it over displacer beast simply because it doesn't make you shift out of moonkin form. It's great for when you have to move, I just jump, spin 180 (or whichever direction I want to go) and use wild charge, which is basically just disengage. I've gotten pretty used to it. While I'm midair I reapply sunfire/moonfire or cast starsurge if I've got the AP for it and assuming I don't have to move when I land I can just continue casting without minimal interruption.

It's really fun to use while jumping off of cliffs as well because you can use it and immediately use flap while midair and you maintain the speed you gained from wild charge and can move very quickly in a chosen direction, I actually use that for some quick movement in a few dungeons in specific places or places with some height where I can use the altitude and speed to my advantage.

I've tried displacer beast after having used wild charge for a while already and honestly couldn't stand it. I hate the fact that it forces you out of moonkin form and wastes global CDs that could be used to reapply dots. It's worth trying out sometime... It'll take some time to get used to jumping and getting the spin right to rebound in the direction you want but once you've gotten used to it it's actually a really nice talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I've actually been using wild charge since hitting 110. I very much prefer it over displacer beast simply because it doesn't make you shift out of moonkin form. It's great for when you have to move, I just jump, spin 180 (or whichever direction I want to go) and use wild charge, which is basically just disengage. I've gotten pretty used to it. While I'm midair I reapply sunfire/moonfire or cast starsurge if I've got the AP for it and assuming I don't have to move when I land I can just continue casting without minimal interruption.

It's really fun to use while jumping off of cliffs as well because you can use it and immediately use flap while midair and you maintain the speed you gained from wild charge and can move very quickly in a chosen direction, I actually use that for some quick movement in a few dungeons in specific places or places with some height where I can use the altitude and speed to my advantage.

I've tried displacer beast after having used wild charge for a while already and honestly couldn't stand it. I hate the fact that it forces you out of moonkin form and wastes global CDs that could be used to reapply dots. It's worth trying out sometime... It'll take some time to get used to jumping and getting the spin right to rebound in the direction you want but once you've gotten used to it it's actually a really nice talent.
    You can also jump from whatever hight and when you almost reach ground, WC to not die. Usable with travel form in some intances, good for bear offtanking if needed. All over better than DB.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    You can also jump from whatever hight and when you almost reach ground, WC to not die. Usable with travel form in some intances, good for bear offtanking if needed. All over better than DB.
    You can DB from any high too, to not die, while its usable in all instances not only where travel form is...

Also DB moves you further and allows to blink through some nasty boss mechanics, like stun balls on Odyn or treant wall on Cenarius, so they both has their uses.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    DB doesn't actually break roots, the transformation to cat does.
    Which is what DB does, hence DB breaks roots. You people will try to argue about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Which is what DB does, hence DB breaks roots. You people will try to argue about anything.
    I think his point was that you can just shift out of Moonkin form to break roots instead of wasting DB on it. Not that it matters, to your point, both will break roots.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Hey peeps,

How does the rotation / game strat look like for a Boomie in RBG's?
    I havent played one myself yet but I keep seeing Boomies at the top of the dmg meter in every RBG and I thought I'd try my druid in a couple of games, but have no idea how to play it yet.
    Basically all I know is, keep a Full Moon ready for nuking targets.
    Do you keep all dots up on everything? Do you use Stellar Flare too?
    Do you use Starfall?

I think you understand what I'm looking for, would be very grateful for any help here.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTee View Post
    Hey peeps,

I havent played one myself yet but I keep seeing Boomies at the top of the dmg meter in every RBG and I thought I'd try my druid in a couple of games, but have no idea how to play it yet.
    Do you use Starfall?

I think you understand what I'm looking for, would be very grateful for any help here.
    Thanks!
    I don't PvP but if I was on an RBG team I'd take Incarn and Stellar Drift. DoT everyone, drop massive Starfalls, and then nuke priority targets.

Deleted
    After using wild charge on Helya m, I am in love with that ability and will use it on couple more bosses that blink is not needed but disengage with no global can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTee View Post
    Hey peeps,

Do you use Starfall?

Thanks!
    i Like to run (2400 MMR):
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/balance/cJpM
    http://www.wowhead.com/honor-calc/druid/balance/JP0

You can swap incarn and SotF if you feel like you arent making good use of incarn, but its nice for openers and killing FCs and so on.
    For Honor talents, moonkin aura as default, and swap to dying stars if another moonkin in group.
    Pvp trinket either as the 2minute break, or 20% reduced CC, depending on map

I just got my Emerald Dreamcatcher I was so happy I did a bunch of fist pumps and squeals haha

Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    I just got my Emerald Dreamcatcher I was so happy I did a bunch of fist pumps and squeals haha
    Gratz! But, on the PTR that thing is just changed. The duration of the buff is changed from 3 to 2 secs, which makes a pretty big difference. It could be just a glitch, but the tooltip actually says it, too, so I'm thinking its something they wanna maintain - or atleast try out.

For me - being a non-ED-druid - I'm assuming its good news. It means, that they'll actually eventually buff our dmg(assumption). Nerfing that thing into oblivion cannot possibly be the only thing they're looking at here, is my rationale for that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kornum View Post
    Gratz! But, on the PTR that thing is just changed. The duration of the buff is changed from 3 to 2 secs, which makes a pretty big difference. It could be just a glitch, but the tooltip actually says it, too, so I'm thinking its something they wanna maintain - or atleast try out.

For me - being a non-ED-druid - I'm assuming its good news. It means, that they'll actually eventually buff our dmg(assumption). Nerfing that thing into oblivion cannot possibly be the only thing they're looking at here, is my rationale for that assumption.
    Yeah I see that on the PTR as well. I'm not sure what to think of it besides..ouch. That haste cap will be nigh impossible to hit now.

All I can say is that we had better see some compensation from this ED nerf. It's such a huge nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I see that on the PTR as well. I'm not sure what to think of it besides..ouch. That haste cap will be nigh impossible to hit now.
    With blizzards thought process, they will just nerf ED because too many cried about how strong it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornum View Post
    The duration of the buff is changed from 3 to 2 secs
    Well, time to reroll to something that doesnt completely rely on a legendary to do competitive dmg .....

Oh, wait .....

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Everything something gets changed on the PTR I think I'm getting trolled even harder than before. Boomkin was only mostly irrelevant now it is completely irrelevant. This is a travesty. ED was literally the only thing keeping Boomkins relevant.

Surely this is because they are planning on making some sort of change, right? A decrease in the Astral power cost of starsursge or something.
    Last edited by Mewncriket; 2016-12-06 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewncriket View Post
    Everything something gets changed on the PTR I think I'm getting trolled even harder than before. Boomkin was only mostly irrelevant now it is completely irrelevant. This is a travesty. ED was literally the only thing keeping Boomkins relevant.
    Before crying "the sky is falling", I would recommend waiting for some clarification on this. I can not imagine, that this nerf is just a blancket nerf to top tier druids(the ones with the helm). It's not like the helm made them god-mode. It merely made them competitive and therefor I think its a good omen of things to come. I might be hopelesly optimistic, but I'm assuming that this is made, to make the gap between the ones who have and the rest of us, smaller. So I'm expecting an overall buff to all Moonkins. I'm fucking hoping!