Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Correct, by 30%. They dont need to spend so much money tbh. Putin's Russia is a peaceful nation.
    Yeah and people go watch Michael Bay movies for the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What does it say? Well you're in luck, NATO would not follow us into a conflict into China (which wouldn't involve an invasion, but substantial air and sea strikes). .
    Even if NATO wanted, they cant follow USA. Most of the EU countries can't even send any meaningful amount of troops to the Russian border, let alone send troops many 1000's of km away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah and people go watch Michael Bay movies for the plot.
    I've told you many times Skroe but you just don't get it. Russia is a predictable nation. If you mess up with its population, an ally or build up around its borders, they will react. Very simple logic.
    However, from the other hand USA isn't. One year invades one country, the other year goes somewhere else, w/t having received any kind of threat to their national security what so ever.

Deleted
    The EU needs to up spending now because US support will not last forever.

EU countries have been naive for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, but 8,5 billion is nothing.

Putin's Russia is a peaceful nation.

- - - Updated - - -
    lol unreal, a peaceful nation that is occupying 2 countries and bombing hospitals and civilians on a weekly basis, by that standard the US armed forces should be up for the nobels peace prize.

Costa Rica is a peaceful nation.

EU officials have been talking EU army for a while now, even before the US elections.

As a EU citizen I fear that they would use EU military against EU citizens rather than in foreign countries. A military force without any democratic control, just like the EU commission is a political force without any democratic control.

Makes me shudder, really.

Deleted
    So will this Military actually be used to defend the EU from the Invading Middle easterners? Or is that going to be ignored?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    EU officials have been talking EU army for a while now, even before the US elections.

As a EU citizen I fear that they would use EU military against EU citizens rather than in foreign countries. A military force without any democratic control, just like the EU commission is a political force without any democratic control.

It's worse when you consider the "EU Army" would basically be formed out of pure Greed and effectively be a Mercenary force used to cow-tow the EU countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Well, with the technocrats in Brussels it's certainly a possibility that a EU army could be used to push through unpopular changes in times or turmoil.
    Still, I doubt any military would actually support those people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Well, with the technocrats in Brussels it's certainly a possibility that a EU army could be used to push through unpopular changes in times or turmoil.
    Still, I doubt any military would actually support those people.
    Well, with the way the EU is set up, they don't care if people support them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    I'm all for considering the Dutch are so low on ammunition they practise with 'pang pang'. Not even joking
    Considering that practice is done by every military on the planet even the US, i think you might be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Considering that practice is done by every military on the planet even the US, i think you might be on to something.
    Other militaries also have live fire drills without bullets?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Other militaries also have live fire drills without bullets?
    Yes.

10chars
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Yes.

10chars
    No they don't.

That's why they're called LIVE Fire Drills.

Yes.

10chars
    Live fire...without bullets. Not a contradiction in terms at all.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    The only danger that EU has is from terrorism.
    Tell that to all the neighbour countries of Russia. I'm sure they will all be relieved that the centuries old threat is no longer a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Tell that to all the neighbour countries of Russia. I'm sure they will all be relieved that the centuries old threat is no longer a thing.
    Seeing the state of the Russian Carrier than went down the English Channel makes me think Russia's projection of might is mostly bark, less bite.

While 5.5 billion euros could buy a nice amount of hardware, including research and development into the same budget is stretching it too far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    While 5.5 billion euros could buy a nice amount of hardware, including research and development into the same budget is stretching it too far.
    It's fancy words for using it to prop up German Engineering firms a bit more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    I always wonder what kind of hardware would be useful against .. let's say Russia.

You can't amass tanks anymore, one nuke in the middle and they're gone. Same with all other types of land vehicles.
    So I guess the budget should go to the airforce, and mostly drones.

Maybe also spend more on long range missiles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    No they don't.

That's why they're called LIVE Fire Drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Live fire...without bullets. Not a contradiction in terms at all.
    Piss on Deruyter for saying shit like that, anyway drills using your voice instead of ammunition is a common practice. He keeps ignoring that and is under the assumption that their military can´t pay for ammunition.